Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 1:28:53 PM EDT
With all the technology out there what are my options? Lots of vandalism out there, someone broke into my car, lots of crap going on around here?

What kind of setups are there?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there anything that you can record to your PC?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Sam's club, Walmart. They have budget minded systems that record via VCR. You can also check Ebay and walk away with a simple system for less than a $100.00.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go to Sam's club, Walmart. They have budget minded systems that record via VCR. You can also check Ebay and walk away with a simple system for less than a $100.00.

Although with a vcr you are constantly recording and re-recording over the same tape right?

I would like to have something that records onto the computer if thats possible.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
There are many options out there.

Look at www.d-link.com for budget minded cameras.

It has all the software included.  Multiple cameras available.

The IP cameras can record to hard drive and also be made available on your home network or over the internet if you know how to set up your router.

Their market niche is just what you are wanting to do.  You can even get IR/night vision cams for 200 or so.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
USB cameras need to be connected directly to your computer .  The IP cams with wireless LAN access gives you alot more flexibility.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
USB cameras need to be connected directly to your computer .  The IP cams with wireless LAN access gives you alot more flexibility.

So you would actually have to hard wire cable from the camera to your usb port?

Are the wireless cams easy to install, I really dont want to have to swap out cards on the computer, if i could just plug it into the usb that would be great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top