Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 12:39:19 PM EDT
I just installed the forend on my PLR 16 and I am wanting to install a handle to it. I have seen AR's with the handle installed on the bottom of the forend so you can hold on to something besides the magazine. Is this legal to do on the PLR 16 pistol? Some discussion on another forum had mixed emotions on it whether it was legal or not to install a handle on the forend. Let me know.
Thanks
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e300/supv26/plr16forend.jpg
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No vertical foregrips allowed on pistols, unless you go the NFA route.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I was under the impression that an AOW had to have a "permanently attached" forward grip to qualify but that is some thin ice to skate on. I'll go see if I can find my BATF weapon ID book.

update: My Identification of Firearms pamphelt does not go into the AOW/forward grip breakdown. Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the AR pistol forum. Last time I checked any type of attached verticle grip turns it into a AOW and you are subject to all applicable NFA laws and fees.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top