Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 12:28:18 PM EDT
I have quite a spyderco collection and i guess i am just really hard on my knives because they take their fair of abuse.

Well these old spyderco broke on me the other day (too many openings??)

Will spyderco try to fix it? will they charge me? will they just give me a new one?

I broke a defective one and they replaced it no charge but that thing was brand new, this one is old and beatup.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
ttt
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What about calling them and asking?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
send it to them, for a small charge they'll have it up and running
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What about calling them and asking?

same answer that i got on my new spyderco, you ship it to us we will assess the knife and call you with how much it will cost to fix it.

I would rather know before hand, because with shipping, insurance, and repair I might just forget about it right now and put it off.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent my Police model in a couple of years ago for a sharpening and to have the tip reground where I had broken it off.

They shipped me a new one and returned the check for the return postage that I had enclosed.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I sent them an older model Rescue model that I bought for $25.00 NEW IN THE BOX at the Blade Show in Atlanta years ago.

I had broken the pocket clip that was molded into the handle.

They charged me $20.00 to add a metal clip with 3 screws.

And $5.00 to sharpen, plus return shipping.

The only reason I paid it was to get the knife back in a usable condition.

Without the clip, I had a lot of trouble opening it one handed since it is so slim.

My experience.  I am a bit more "choosey" on what I buy now.

ETA:  You won't know until they have the knife.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/index.php?item=10

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Spyderco knives are designed and built for use as cutting tools. Use of our knives for any purpose other than cutting is considered abuse. As with any usable tool, Spyderco knives can wear out. They may also fail to perform if not used or cared for properly. If your knife has been put to hard use for a long period of time, it is possible that Spyderco will be unable to improve the condition of your knife.

Warranty
Spyderco warrants that all of our products are free from defects in material and workmanship.
Spyderco's warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse, misuse, loss, improper handling, alterations, accident, neglect, disassembly, or improper sharpening, or normal wear.
If a knife fails to function as it was designed we will examine its condition upon its return to us, identify why it failed and respond in an appropriate manner.

If we determine that there is a defect in the manufacture/materials/workmanship we will, at Spyderco's option, repair, or replace that product with the same model or one of equal value.
If the problem is determined not to be caused by defects in manufacture/materials/workmanship, we will inform you of the cost for repair if possible (please see below). Upon agreement and payment we will perform the repair.

If unable to improve the condition of the knife, we will return it to you with the recommendation it be retired from use. All costs associated with shipment of the product(s) are the responsibility of the customer.

Repair Information
Sharpening -- complimentary provided the edge of the knife is not severely damaged -- please include $5.00 for shipping and handling.

For the following repairs, please include $20.00 plus $5.00 shipping and handling:
Blade or Edge -- broken tip from prying or dropping, destroyed edge due to improper sharpening, loose blade from abuse, rust due to neglect or other blade issues. (Spyderco is unable to replace blades in most models)

Clips -- stripped screw holes, screws sheered off, broken or missing clip or other clip issues.
Scale or Handle -- missing scale screws, knife action stiff, missing Kraton, or other handle issues.
Where to send your knife

When sending your knife in for Warranty or Repair include a description of the problem and how it occurred. Include company name, return address (no PO Boxes) daytime phone number so we may contact you. We recommend shipping UPS or registered mail for tracking purposes should your knife fail to arrive at our offices. For questions please contact your Spyderco Representative.

Spyderco, Inc.
Attn.: Warranty and Repair
820 Spyderco Way,
Golden, CO 80403 USA

Tel: 1-800-525-7770 • 303-279-8383
Fax: 303-278-2229

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top