Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 10:11:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say yes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure.
Family relations aren't just by blood. Never have been in many cultures.

Hell, I've got plenty of "Aunts", "Uncles" and "cousins" that I'm not related to by blood.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I won't be haveing any bio kids, but, do have three boys that are my wife's.

I love them very much, but, I don't have any comparison.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Bettr hope the wifey doesnt see this!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I have one biologic daughter and one adopted daughter.  They are both well loved.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe not so much if they were pretty old by the time we met.  I don't see how I could not though for a child I raised from the time they were in diapers.  I doubt who's fluids created them would matter one little bit to me.  I don't have a good reference either though, as I have no step-kids.  I guess I can see where I might be more willing to fight all out for custody of those that were mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Um, Bama, is it wise to post this on the internet?  This is one of those things which may be true but which the step-daughter should never find out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bettr hope the wifey doesnt see this!

True. But I know she knows this and the feelings are mutual.

However, my step-daughter has made it very clear that if something happened to her mother she would rather stay with me than her biodad. And I would take care of her. I would offer to adopt her from her biodad and release him of any responsibility.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Um, Bama, is it wise to post this on the internet?  This is one of those things which may be true but which the step-daughter should never find out.

+1

While what you say may be true, it seems a bit crass to post it on the internet.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#10]
No way I could love a kid as much as I do my son.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

While what you say may be true, it seems a bit crass to post it on the internet.

I do have a habit of being a bit direct.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife was adopted and her parents love her just as much as they love their bio-son, and they adore our little girl...who looks just like her.

You'd never know that she was adopted.

Having said that, I have 3 children and it just wouldn't be possible for me to love someone else's kid as much as mine.  I guess I'm not built that way.

HH
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to think I couldn't.  I have four kids that I love more than life itself, but there are some other kids in my life that I love as my own and would do anything for them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#14]
My daughter is 17. I love her with all my heart. If I found out tomorrow she wasn't my biological offspring I couldn't love her any less. I AM her dad, she IS my daughter. End of story.

Now her mom I may hate a bit more, but not daughter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top