Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2001 1:15:44 PM EDT
I have a friend who recently received an email claiming that Mr Rogers(Fred Rogers?) from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood was a former sniper for the military. From the email he was fairly successful. I of course asked for the email but my friend had deleted it.  Could someone tell me if this is the truth so he will quit asking me to post it on the web. Of course I have told him not to believe everything he receives via email.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
When will this URBAN LEGEND go away!?!
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Add this to your favorites and check all the crap that is out there.

[url]http://www.snopes2.com/[/url]

Here are some results from searching "Mr. Roberts"

"Thus John Denver, known to the world as a gentle, nature-loving pop singer, is transformed into his antithesis: a professional killer. (As is Fred Rogers of television's Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. He too is rumored to have been a sniper, with even his penchant for long-sleeved cardigans ascribed to his hiding tattoos from the eyes of curious little tykes. Like Denver, Rogers never served in any branch of the military. He is an ordained minister in the United Presbyterian Church.)"
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL!

Hello Boys and Girls...

Can you say, "At five hundred yards, point of impact is thirty-one inches low, six hundred yards, sixty inches low."?[}:D]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
See, I alway's heard the rumor that he was a convicted child molester. Anyone else ever hear that one?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
No never, ever, heard anything like that.

As for the sniper thing.... When Mr. Rogers says someone left the neighborhood it kinda makes you wonder what happened to 'em.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I had never heard anything before about Mr. Rodgers.  Sounded wild that he would have been in the military. Well I guess I will have to let my friend down.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here are some results from searching "Mr. Roberts"
View Quote

Quoted:
I had never heard anything before about Mr. Rodgers.
View Quote

Who are these people?
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No never, ever, heard anything like that.

As for the sniper thing.... When Mr. Rodgers says someone left the neighborhood it kinda makes you wonder what happened to 'em.
View Quote
     hehe.......can you say "Lock and Load?"       I thought you could......
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#9]
boys and girls do you know what a head shot is?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#10]
OLY-M4gery, LMAO at that one. This was discussed here a few months ago and I thought nah, no way. I have thought that he was gay though, probably no truth to that either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top