Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Wait, I thought it was Backdoor Mountain.  Which is it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#2]
It's bad because infering someone is a homosexual is wrong.  But we are supposed to promote homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle choice.  But, it is a negative stereotype...  We must make it more mainstream....  We...  I.....   [Does not compute.   System failure.]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]

In a letter to the Bulletin, the HERO membership wrote, "This is not even remotely the first time that Kennel Club chanters have chanted homophobic phrases at basketball games."

Just how is the chant Brokeback Mountain "homophobic."  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Just waiting for someone to allege that doing what the students did is a hate crime.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]

"Imagine yourself as a homosexual individual in the midst of your peers, classmates and friends during this 'Brokeback Mountain' cheer," Monroe wrote. "I simply do not understand how a student body claiming to live by Jesuit principles of acceptance and respect for all can allow an incident like this to happen and remain silent."

WWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You're thinking "Brokebutt Mountain."
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#8]

"A lot of people in the Kennel Club say it wasn't them" that chanted "Brokeback Mountain," Olson said. "But there's something to be said about apathy as well. Students didn't stop people from saying it."

So the homosexual community demands that straights be intolerant of anyone who doesn't embrace alternative lifestyles.  Terrific.

Whatever happened to you-do-your-thing-and-I'll-do-mine?

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Isn't it Backdoor Mounting??
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#10]
not very clever
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#11]
what exatcly is the cheer? and how does brokeback even apply to a sporting event??

i must be missing something...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#12]
what exatcly is the cheer? and how does brokeback even apply to a sporting event??

i must be missing something...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Our main rival St. Mary's (I'm an alum) was playing at GU last week.  Someone did a little digging online and found a photo of one of the St Mary's players kissing another guy.  The fans had a little fun with this photo, kinda like lootie or other photoshopping here.  Anyhow at the game they chanted "brokeback mountain" or other variations of that theme whenever that St Mary's player had the ball.   I'm embarassed for my alma mater and apologize to all here for this PC crap.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#14]

In a letter to the Bulletin, the HERO membership wrote, "This is not even remotely the first time that Kennel Club chanters have chanted homophobic phrases at basketball games."

"A lot of people in the Kennel Club say it wasn't them" that chanted "Brokeback Mountain," Olson said. "But there's something to be said about apathy as well. Students didn't stop people from saying it."

So fucking what??!!!  Why should one person stop another person from exercising their freedom of speech?  I have a friend that has told me about a million times to go see Brokeback Mountain because it is a "powerful" movie. (yea, he's gay, so what)  Should I form a protest against my friend because he keeps saying Brokeback Mountain around me?

Maybe the students that are chanting Brokeback Mountain are actually promoting the film??

This whole thing is a bunch of PC bullshit.  Students attending games have always chanted shit at the opposing side as part of a psych-out strategy.  Call the other team a bunch of losers, pussies, whatever, just to piss 'em off and make them lose focus on the game, that way "your" team wins.

I can't imagine the kind of shit the ACLU would have done to me and my friends back in the day for some of the language we used.....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm embaressed for my alma mater and apologize to all here for this PC crap.  

They should be embarrassed by your spelling!  Oh snap!  J/K!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#16]

They should be embarrassed by your spelling! Oh snap! J/K!

Give me a break I spelled PC right didn't I!  I shouldn't multi task before noon.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm trying really hard to wrap my head around this....and it's starting to hurt.

So...a movie about gay cowboys, is having its title used as a derogatory term at a sporting event. And now, people are upset because the homosexual/homophobic comments are negative comments. So, the whole 'promoting homo-lifestyle as mainstream'  has suddenly backfired during a basketball game...and now they are going to whine about it.

It's so circularly wierd, it's so rediculous that it can't be seen for what it is, this is the first culmination of true PC pussification and a future loss of liberty so that no one group is offended.

If the students had just yelled 'Hey No. Whoever is dirty AssPounder!!!'  would it have gone over better? Are people just upset because a tool of the liberal media has been turned against itself?

The more I think about it, its starting to become clear. I'm putting 2 and 2 together here and coming up with Pissed Off.

Why is it okay for gay people to push their lifestyle on me and demand I accept it per their freedom of speech and expression, but its not okay for me to make fun of them for that or disagree in a perfectly clear manner that is derogatory per my freedom of speech and expression?

I don't have to accept their lifestyle. I won't.

I believe all the Brokeback whiners need to accept themselves, and live with their choices. Just like us hetero people do. I don't go around pushing the 'Married with 2.5 kids and a dog with a house in suburbia and a commute to my job so I can pay taxes and fund this liberal bullcrap agenda against my will' lifestyle. Why should I have to put up with 'accept me and my gayness because if you don't you are obviously homophbic with repressed desires to have sex with other men, I work in retail and fight for my cause with grants paid for by taxpayers like yourself'.

Now I'm just ranting, and I can't think clearly. I'm going to stop now.

I have to calm down and go write my congressman about my disgust and dissaproval for constitutionaly protected double standards.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#18]
D FENSE
D FENSE
D FENSE

Soreback Mountain!
clap...clap...clap clap clap
Soreback Mountain!
clap...clap...clap clap clap
Soreback Mountain!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're thinking "Brokebutt Mountain."

"Humpback Mountain"

"Bareback Mountain"

"Ride that Mountain"

etc.

If this movie didn't have a pair of pole-smokers in it, no one would give a damn about it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#20]
When your school's name often gets mistaken for a nickname for breasts ..you have to have a sense of humor
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I believe all the Brokeback whiners need to accept themselves, and live with their choices. Just like us hetero people do. I don't go around pushing the 'Married with 2.5 kids and a dog with a house in suburbia and a commute to my job so I can pay taxes and fund this liberal bullcrap agenda against my will' lifestyle. Why should I have to put up with 'accept me and my gayness because if you don't you are obviously homophbic with repressed desires to have sex with other men, I work in retail and fight for my cause with grants paid for by taxpayers like yourself'.

Took the words out of my mouth....perfectly said.
I dont go out of my way to promote or defend my social lifestyle, sexual orientation, preference, or whatever the hell people want to call it. I do what I do without remorse, regret, or the desire to convince others to do things in the same way. One hears about gay pride when these topics come up....well, if someone was truly proud of themself, why all the uproar? Wouldnt you just be content that you are sure of yourself? And if its "the way you were born" and not a choice, then exactly what are you proud of? I dont understand pride in something you have no choice over and no ability to control.

I dont know anything about this movie other than what I gather in this thread, but screw the whiners that have such a problem. What was that thing about 'sticks and stones' they drilled into our heads as kids? Stop crying everytime someone calls you a name...its meaningless.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm trying really hard to wrap my head around this....and it's starting to hurt.

So...a movie about gay cowboys, is having its title used as a derogatory term at a sporting event. And now, people are upset because the homosexual/homophobic comments are negative comments. So, the whole 'promoting homo-lifestyle as mainstream'  has suddenly backfired during a basketball game...and now they are going to whine about it.

It's so circularly wierd, it's so rediculous that it can't be seen for what it is, this is the first culmination of true PC pussification and a future loss of liberty so that no one group is offended.

If the students had just yelled 'Hey No. Whoever is dirty AssPounder!!!'  would it have gone over better? Are people just upset because a tool of the liberal media has been turned against itself?

The more I think about it, its starting to become clear. I'm putting 2 and 2 together here and coming up with Pissed Off.

Why is it okay for gay people to push their lifestyle on me and demand I accept it per their freedom of speech and expression, but its not okay for me to make fun of them for that or disagree in a perfectly clear manner that is derogatory per my freedom of speech and expression?

I don't have to accept their lifestyle. I won't.

Now I'm just ranting, and I can't think clearly. I'm going to stop now.

I have to calm down and go write my congressman about my disgust and dissaproval for constitutionaly protected double standards.

You read my mind.

It really is ironic. The left talks about "diversity" and "acceptance" , but as soon as the masses start doing something that goes against THIER agenda and belief system they get all up in arms and cry foul.

Freedom of speech is only valid if your speech agrees with their agenda.

Diversity is only valid if it agrees with their agenda.

Acceptance by the left is only achieved if your belief system agrees with their agenda.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Took the words out of my mouth....perfectly said.
I dont go out of my way to promote or defend my social lifestyle, sexual orientation, preference, or whatever the hell people want to call it. I do what I do without remorse, regret, or the desire to convince others to do things in the same way. One hears about gay pride when these topics come up....well, if someone was truly proud of themself, why all the uproar? Wouldnt you just be content that you are sure of yourself? And if its "the way you were born" and not a choice, then exactly what are you proud of? I dont understand pride in something you have no choice over and no ability to control.

I dont know anything about this movie other than what I gather in this thread, but screw the whiners that have such a problem. What was that thing about 'sticks and stones' they drilled into our heads as kids? Stop crying everytime someone calls you a name...its meaningless.

Also very well said.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

"This is not even remotely the first time that Kennel Club chanters have chanted homophobic phrases at basketball games."

Just how is the chant Brokeback Mountain "homophobic."  

That sounds like a homo speaking.  A normal person would say, "That is not the first time Kennel Club members have chanted at basketball games".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top