Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 4:28:05 AM EDT
Coldest night of the year at the coldest time, power goes off for an hour. Ack!!!

Had to unfreeze the pipes with a blow drier!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
How cold is it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You better get the heat fixed in FL before I get there or else I'm going to be pissed.
46 more days.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Coldest night of the year at the coldest time, power goes off for an hour. Ack!!!

Had to unfreeze the pipes with a blow drier!

Power off for a hour and your pipes froze ? Something doesnt smell right.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
If your pipes froze after just an hour, something is very, very wrong.  I'd recommend getting some insulation in your walls, if not on the pipes.

-James
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If your pipes froze after just an hour, something is very, very wrong.  I'd recommend getting some insulation in your walls, if not on the pipes.

-James

They froze outside. It's only the third time in 9 years.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Jan 8th, Punta Gorda, Fla.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#7]
*snicker*

later this week, the high here (ND) isn't expected to be above zero.

You don't know what cold is.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:54:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I was just outside in my skivvies (wonderful thought isn't it) letting the dog do his thing and I will admit it was a tad chilly.  22* with wind chill of 16.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top