Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 7:09:38 PM EDT
well on valintines I am going to have a nice piece of Bass.

Actaully I am looking to cook up some perch and bass for dinner tomorrow. Does anybody have any good ideas that does not include batter and deep frying.

I have thought about cooking with onions, butter and little lemon wraping it in foild and cooking it in the oven.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
well on valintines I am going to have a nice piece of Bass.

Actaully I am looking to cook up some perch and bass for dinner tomorrow. Does anybody have any good ideas that does not include batter and deep frying.

I have thought about cooking with onions, butter and little lemon wraping it in foild and cooking it in the oven.

It should be cooked in it's natural oils.  Exxon, Shell, Texaco...you get the idea.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
here's to a nice slice of bass on valentine's day....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump for the night crew.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope she's a Napolean Dynamite fan!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I reckon it's too cold to grill, and you can't get steaks or filets, so you're limited.
Maybe render some bacon, then blanch some spinach in the grease.  Add the bacon pieces back into the spinach, then stuff the spinach along with a good chees into the fish, then bake in the oven.  Season the fish with lemon, oh, lemon salt.  Maybe a little garlic powder.  OR some Chachere's, that stuff is good on anything.
That type of fish I usually only fry.  I've gotten crazy with it and grilled before, but that's best for frying.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Cast iron skilit swabbed with olive oil, get it hot. Leave the head on put butter and lemonjuice inside the fish, close up, and drop in pan. allow to sear, flip... Serve open faced with garnish. Get a good beer to go with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#7]
How many times has this happened to you? You have a bass, and you're trying to find an exciting new way to prepare it for the dinner table. You could scale the bass, remove the bass' tail, head and bones, and serve the fish as you would any other fish dinner. But why bother, now that you can use Rovco's amazing new kitchen tool, the Super Bass-o-Matic '76. Yes, fish-eaters, the days of troublesome scaling, cutting and gutting are over, because Super Bass-o-Matic '76 is the tool that lets you use the bass with no fish waste, and without scaling, cutting or gutting.

Here's how it works: Catch a bass, remove the hook, and drop the bass - that's the whole bass - into the Super Bass-o-Matic '76. [drops the bass into the blender ] Now, adjust the control dial so that the bass is blended just the way you like it. [turns blender on and grinds it to a pulp ] Yes, it's that simple!

Wow! That's terrific bass!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Unfortunately, the best way for Bass is....beer batter...deep fryer...plenty of tartar sauce

Me and my buddies in high school would fish for bass all summer, we'd bring our catch home, filet 'em, freeze 'em, and the end of the summer have a big ass fish fry/party...lots of fun!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#9]
fish is not fish without batter and peanut oil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top