Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 4:43:58 PM EDT
I have the following grievances with this years SHOT show...

1. The SIG 556... I wanted a true SIG rifle like the real 55x series, not some M4/55x whorechild
2. SCAR-H and SCAR-L civi versions... word has it that it will take 2-3 years for these to come to us
3. Steyr AUG civi verison... not happening

Anyone else displeased by anything... rant here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, you're just a "glass-half-empty" type I guess

Seriously, this was a great SHOT show from a "Black Rifle Lover" point of view.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, was about to post the same thing.  SCAR-H is what I was really waiting for.  See lots of photos of the EOTech 553 also but don't hear anything about the magnifier.  SIG also created a SASS rifle which I was hoping to see but nothing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping to see the following:

A civilian SCAR in the near future (at least there's a chance we'll get it in 3 years)
A SIG 556 that wasn't teabagged by the TAPCO catelogue
A civilan AUG

None of these came true.....doh!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
No.  I made out like a bandit on T&E samples.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you actually go or are you voicing your opinion based on whats been posted here and on other forums?

Lets see... the AWB expired about a year and a half ago and in that time we have the...

FN PS90

FN FS2000

SIG 556

S&W MP 15

FN SCAR on the horizon

Newer versions and add-ons for existing AR's

Things couldn't be any better and people are complaining!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
SIG 556. Um, yeah. Hopefully SIG pulls their head out of their ass by August. Biggest disappointment of the show.

SCAR, FS2000, Armalite SASS. I've seen the display guns before. Concrete info on release dates would have been nice. Definite disappointment.

AUG, HK416, HK45, URX. I didn't really expect any of these to actually be released for civvy sales, so it was only a mild disappointment. Still, a disappointment.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you actually go or are you voicing your opinion based on whats been posted here and on other forums?

Lets see... the AWB expired about a year and a half ago and in that time we have the...

FN PS90

Just started shipping in limited numbers

FN FS2000

Not shipping, no firm word as to when

SIG 556

I'm not going to rehash everything I've said about it, but what they showed is not what anybody wanted

S&W MP 15

BFD, another AR

FN SCAR on the horizon

2-3 years out

Colt piston setup is interesting. I haven't seen pics of much else that was inspiring

Yeah, they could be lots better. I had high hopes for this year's SHOT
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
No glock carbine!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I was rather disappointed but, like mentioned already, better some then nothing at all
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
RRA .458 SOCOM Uppers and Rifles are now available.

Nope, I'm happy!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No glock carbine!

No new Glock products at all. Same products as last year.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#12]
It was a great show, the industry (other than HK & Colt) is headed in the right direction after 10+ years of mediocrity, future SHOT shows are going to be even more exciting!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I had an awesome time in vega$ with some really cool people. SHOT show had an overwhelming amount of evil assault weapons, accessories, etc., even if I didnt like what was there or what they had.

It was so funny, I turned to a friend day 1 and said, "Damn, Im almost tired of seeing AR-15's".

Imagine a life so shitty that an addict could actually think about getting tired of the object of his addiction.

SHOT show was great, I cant wait for Orlando.    

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I think what I've seen has been pretty good.

You don't have to come out with cool new stuff every year.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Is anyone else sick of hearing people bitch about the "Tapco" SIG 556. It's fucking furniture on a PROTOTYPE...

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I had an awesome time in vega$ with some really cool people. SHOT show had an overwhelming amount of evil assault weapons, accessories, etc., even if I didnt like what was there or what they had.

It was so funny, I turned to a friend day 1 and said, "Damn, Im almost tired of seeing AR-15's".

Imagine a life so shitty that an addict could actually think about getting tired of the object of his addiction.

SHOT show was great, I cant wait for Orlando.    

Orlando too?? DAMN CAV!!! you get to all of these or what?

Im sittin Orlando out. Went to 2005 & 2006.

Illinigunner21--- As far as your topic is concerned, I THINK the only reason I was disappointed was because there was little change from last year. But you have to take into account that it was my first year at shot (2005) so it was just overwhelming like a kids first time at Disneyland. I knew what to expect in 2006 so it was pretty much the same except for a few new goodies.

My buddy "Pang1179"... it was his first time and I think he was about to pass out. He was expecting a "gun show" type set up... NOTHING like it at all.

I think a two year wait will add excitement.. I think 2008 will be VERY nice.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I going to try my hardest to go next year.

It is during my winter break so school works out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Is anyone else sick of hearing people bitch about the "Tapco" SIG 556. It's fucking furniture on a PROTOTYPE...

It's an abortion and it's not what was expected or wanted.
The decision to make it so AR like was silly. We already have ARs from everybody and their brother.  
The SIG 55x series was GREAT as is and thats what they SHOULD have come out with.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+ 1,000

We get it already. You don't like the looks, ok, but we don't all need to read your complaints twelve times a day. Email Sigarms if you're that infuriated, it's gettin' reeaaaally old over here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1,000

We get it already. You don't like the looks, ok, but we don't all need to read your complaints twelve times a day. Email Sigarms if you're that infuriated, it's gettin' reeaaaally old over here.

Yes.....how dare you people post your opinions on a public message board.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Colt Piston upper sounds/looks great to me.

I'm sure it will be here soon enough.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1,000

+8700

They wont know how disappointed gunowners are if we dont voice our displeasure. Silence insures the TACCOFirstSamco abortion makes it to production.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FN PS90

Just started shipping in limited numbers

FN FS2000

Not shipping, no firm word as to when

SIG 556

I'm not going to rehash everything I've said about it, but what they showed is not what anybody wanted

S&W MP 15

BFD, another AR

FN SCAR on the horizon

2-3 years out

Colt piston setup is interesting. I haven't seen pics of much else that was inspiring

Yeah, they could be lots better. I had high hopes for this year's SHOT

And you think this is something new…

You are aware that many if not most new products announced at the Shot Show each year are usually months plus away from hitting the market.

This years Shot Show from all appearances was very productive.

Some people would complain if they gave the guns away for free.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

1. The SIG 556... I wanted a true SIG rifle like the real 55x series, not some M4/55x whorechild
2. SCAR-H and SCAR-L civi versions... word has it that it will take 2-3 years for these to come to us

Are you even suppossed to be there?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't supposed to be, but they took my money and sent me a badge.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't supposed to be, but they took my money and sent me a badge.

Heck, last year when I wasnt in the industry, they had me sign in as "Guest Of Show" They make you jump through hoops.. allbeit HUGE hoops but they make you jump through them for the privelidge of oogling the merchandise.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#27]

although i was not there, w/ the reports and pics, it seems less that what was ''released'' last yr

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This years Shot Show from all appearances was very productive.

Elcans new sight, Cobb and MGI (new design) quick change uppers, POF rifles, New rifles or designs from Barrett, Sig, FN, Clot....New LULAs for M1A & FAL, Im sure there is more I dont remember, but there were a lot of new things this year.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1,000

+8700

They wont know how disappointed gunowners are if we dont voice our displeasure. Silence insures the TACCOFirstSamco abortion makes it to production.

No, you both misunderstand. It's all right to voice opinions, and it was perfectly fine when pics were first released. That was almost a week ago now, though, and this complaining is now just like beating a dead horse. The same inceassant crying over and over and over again, like having severly duped threads (except these are posts instead...usually...). It gets tiring, and it's usefulness & originality has expired....yes, the rest of us here all know you're pissed, now go tell someone who either hasn't heard your complaints or someone who can do something with them.

As for letting "them" (Sig) know how disappointed we are, that's why I said "email Sigarms." Think about it...what is going to help your cause more? repeating your same complaints endless times to each other on a message board and hoping maybe some guy at Sigarms is coincidentally reading your posts, or actually emailing/writing/calling Sigarms and voicing your opinions?

Sorry, but there is a differnce between repetitive gun owner-to-gun owner complaining on a forum and constructive criticism in the form of gun owner-to-company via email/snail mail/etc.

The exception to this is threads (or even entire forum sections) dedicated to constructive, Sigarms-aimed criticizm, like this thread over at Sig forums. THAT is constructive.....crying to each other about how the 556 was "coated with super glue and dragged through the tapco catalog" in a thread about SHOT show dissappointments is NOT constructive - at this point it's just old and increasingly annoying. THAT's what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#30]
By biggest dissapointment was that I couldn't attend but I know guys who did.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No glock carbine!

No new Glock products at all. Same products as last year.

Different than last year......

Add to that a .45 longslide.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
...how the 556 was "coated with super glue and dragged through the tapco catalog"

I love Sig stuff. Well, except for the GSR and their .22 crap. I really really want to see the 556 succeed, and shouting from the rooftops about the flaws of the 556 is just my way of helping.

1) Shit furniture.

2) Idiotic raised rail.

3) No diopter sight.

4) No chrome lining.

5) Carbon steel reciever. Rust ahoy!

Once I hear definitive proof that Sigarms is taking these concerns seriously, then I'll quiet down. Until then...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top