BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/13/2006 4:39:11 PM EDT
MAJOR DUPE???

Report: Laura Bush in 1963 Car Wreck
By JIM VERTUNO, Associated Press Writer

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - At 17, Laura Bush ran a stop sign and crashed into another car, killing her boyfriend who was driving it, according to an accident report released to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Mrs. Bush is the wife of Republican presidential nominee-to-be George W. Bush (news - web sites), the Texas governor.

``It was a very tragic accident that deeply affected the families and was very painful for all involved, including the community at large,'' said her spokesman, Andrew Malcolm. ``To this day, Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it.''

Mrs. Bush did say in March, when asked at a campaign stop about the crash, ``I know this as an adult, and even more as a parent, it was crushing ... for the family involved and for me as well.''

According to the two-page accident report released Wednesday by the city of Midland, Laura Welch was driving her Chevrolet sedan on a clear night shortly after 8 p.m. on Nov. 6, 1963, when she drove into an intersection and struck a Corvair sedan driven by 17-year-old Michael Douglas.

Although previous news accounts have reported Douglas was thrown from the car and broke his neck, those details were not in the report.

The speed of Laura Bush's car was illegible on the report. The speed limit for the road was 55.

Neither driver was drinking, the police report said.

Laura Bush and her passenger, Judy Dykes, also 17, were taken to a hospital and treated for minor injuries, according to an accident account printed at the time in the Midland Reporter-Telegram.

The police report indicates no charges were filed. That section of the report was left blank.

``As far as we know, no charges were filed,'' said Midland city attorney Keith Stretcher. ``I don't think it's unusual that charges weren't filed.''

The police report was released after an open records request was submitted to Midland officials in March. City officials had declined to release the records because the victims were under 18.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the reason for your post:

__ It's news

__ It's interesting

__ Somebody gives a shit.

All listed choices are incorrect.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Cyanide, is that you??

Come on man, don't deny it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
 did someone just fart?

Post Number :: 95

FL, USA

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
MAJOR DUPE???

Report: Laura Bush in 1963 Car Wreck
By JIM VERTUNO, Associated Press Writer

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - At 17, Laura Bush ran a stop sign and crashed into another car, killing her boyfriend who was driving it, according to an accident report released to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Mrs. Bush is the wife of Republican presidential nominee-to-be George W. Bush (news - web sites), the Texas governor.

``It was a very tragic accident that deeply affected the families and was very painful for all involved, including the community at large,'' said her spokesman, Andrew Malcolm. ``To this day, Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it.''

Mrs. Bush did say in March, when asked at a campaign stop about the crash, ``I know this as an adult, and even more as a parent, it was crushing ... for the family involved and for me as well.''

According to the two-page accident report released Wednesday by the city of Midland, Laura Welch was driving her Chevrolet sedan on a clear night shortly after 8 p.m. on Nov. 6, 1963, when she drove into an intersection and struck a Corvair sedan driven by 17-year-old Michael Douglas.

Although previous news accounts have reported Douglas was thrown from the car and broke his neck, those details were not in the report.

The speed of Laura Bush's car was illegible on the report. The speed limit for the road was 55.

Laura Bush and her passenger, Judy Dykes, also 17, were taken to a hospital and treated for minor injuries, according to an accident account printed at the time in the Midland Reporter-Telegram.

The police report indicates no charges were filed. That section of the report was left blank.

``As far as we know, no charges were filed,'' said Midland city attorney Keith Stretcher. ``I don't think it's unusual that charges weren't filed.''

The police report was released after an open records request was submitted to Midland officials in March. City officials had declined to release the records because the victims were under 18.

Who gives a damn?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
MAJOR DUPE

This has been news a long time (since 1963)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Just looking to see if the claim had any merit to it. Didnt post it to get attacked by crazed internet commandos.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
And a terrible accident that occurred 43 years ago and involved a 17 year old driver who made a driving mistake that cost the life of another is HUGE news now...or what?

Am I missing something here?  Is this relevant to anything in our temporal universe?

I'm certain that Miz Bush will carry the burden of that to her grave and will ask for forgiveness as she no doubt has many, many times already.

I'm NOT so sure that many among us who have erred as she has are prepared to do the same.  I wonder if you are?  I wonder if Teddy Kennedy is?

If you have cogent responses...then please post them.  Otherwise...go away!  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
apperntly the DU trolls have not figuered out that your wife's driving skills do not matter on how good of a president you are. Go try and fond more dirt, it will most likely be used to bury you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Didnt post it to get attacked by crazed internet commandos.

Sure you didn't.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just looking to see if the claim had any merit to it. Didnt post it to get attacked by crazed internet commandos.

No, you posted it to get slapped down by people who heard this tired shit 6 fucking years ago.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#12]
what's the point?  thanks for posting news, but it just goes to show accidents happen to even the finest people.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

... Can't say that about your idol Teddy Kennedy can you?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#15]
My Mom used to have a Corvair,a 1962,2 door, white with a black interior.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you posted it to get slapped down by people who heard this tired shit 6 fucking years ago.

Panties in a wad? Seemed like a dupe, googled the subject found two pieces of literature on the matter. Never heard anything of this..So i figured id post the only sensible piece i could find and see if anyone can verify the report.. Turns out it's true. Never implied anything, just asked if it was a dupe.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I saved $200 by switching from Geico to Nationwide
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I cannot comprehend the depth of absolute hate and vulgarity that would drive a person to pick on Laura Bush.  She is not just a nice lady, she is a nice First Lady.  

One of the worst features of the internet is the ability of various pukes to post reprehensible manure from the safety of their mommy's basement.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Come on man this is ARFCOM for cripes sake. You have been here for a year and don't know that your gonna be flamed for posting that?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Laura Bush has to one of the few honorable figures in politics today.  

So go fuck yourself troll boy.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Panties in a wad?

What are "Things that could be used to gag KeMiCaLs, Alex?"
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

OMG!!!

I had a 1962 white Corvair Monza too!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG!!!

I had a 1962 white Corvair Monza too!

But it got blown away in the styling dept by my ol man's 61 T-bird,also white,with a white interior(well,mostly white,the seats had duct tape on them,Ford wasn't really good with leather back them). A real gas hog(it didn't help that Dad had a bad habit of not gassing it up).
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#25]
What are you twelve or something?  Anyone old enough to have been paying attention knew about that six years ago.  Unless you spent the entire 2000 election cycle stoned or just too young to stay up for the evening news, I don't see how you could have escaped this story.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It was 43 years ago.  It might have had merit then, but not now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I cannot comprehend the depth of absolute hate and vulgarity that would drive a person to pick on Laura Bush.  She is not just a nice lady, she is a nice First Lady.  

One of the worst features of the internet is the ability of various pukes to post reprehensible manure from the safety of their mommy's basement.

Well said.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Panties in a wad? Seemed like a dupe, googled the subject found two pieces of literature on the matter. Never heard anything of this..So i figured id post the only sensible piece i could find and see if anyone can verify the report.. Turns out it's true. Never implied anything, just asked if it was a dupe.

Why were you googling it?  Just looking for some trash to dredge up to stir up shit.

Yeah, it's a dupe about a hundred times over.  The Dems tried to use it as leverage and the American people told them to shove it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Not even out of
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I call democrat alert.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#31]
1)  Wasn't the Corvair's demise due to Ralph Nader's claims it was a death trap?

2) Click on Al Gore for some current news.  If link doesn't work, bring up Google, click news, enter Al Gore and hit enter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Mrs. Bush is 100% class!

That is all...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd never heard it before and I'm pretty tuned into politics.  All I feel is sorry for her, that must have been a heck of a blow for a 17 year old girl to deal with.  She is truly a great person, it's sad but sometimes it seems that great people are forged from terrible adversity.  She's probalby one of the best things to happen to the White House in many, many years.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I recall something about a certain fat fucktard embarrassment named Ted... Cant remember where I heard it though...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

DUh.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I recall something about a certain fat fucktard embarrassment named Ted... Cant remember where I heard it though...

Yea

Laura Bush has an accident and somebody gets killed… scandal.

Ted Kennedy is drunk, commits vehicular manslaughter or worse, flees the scene, and then obstructs justice… and it is OK.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

What claim...

You post a 6 year old story about a accident that occured 43 years ago and then say there is a "claim"... what claim?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Hell no I wouldn't hit it! Have a bit of respect for the first lady!

ETA-read the post,
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
1)  Wasn't the Corvair's demise due to Ralph Nader's claims it was a death trap?

2) Click on Al Gore for some current news.  If link doesn't work, bring up Google, click news, enter Al Gore and hit enter.

Gore is just trying to get laid by Jane Fonda.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Ladies and gents, let me introduce you to snopes.com. This site is run for the sole purpose of verifying or dispelling Internet-spread rumors.

Here is a link to the Laura Bush story.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

FTR I admire Laura Bush, largely for restoring dignity to the position of the First Lady after the disgusting trull that preceded her.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea

Laura Bush has an accident and somebody gets killed… scandal.

Ted Kennedy is drunk, commits vehicular manslaughter or worse, flees the scene, and then obstructs justice… and it is OK.

Well said....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gore is just trying to get laid by Jane Fonda.

Bad mental pic there... Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Guys, I'm about as far to the right as possible, and a Bush supporter. But, it is a true story. Mrs. Bush addressed the issue many years ago during an interview. It was an ACCIDENT, involving a young driver. Mrs. Bush is a shining example of what a first lady should be, and I emphasize the word LADY.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Id love to stir the pot on DU.... But....My cover was blown...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#45]
OK no disrepect intended, but..................................................
I'd hit it.
Now as I wait for the S.S. guys to come by.

A total class female , Who Is  a world above the females that I have ever met.

And don't shoot the dog, he might lick you raw, but pick up a tennis ball, you  will be friends. When I am in Jail.
Thank you God for giving "W" A true Life Partner who has the insite that is needed in this time of need.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

<cough>BULLSHIITE!<cough>

Eric The(TakingOutTheTrash)Hun
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:58:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Guys, I'm about as far to the right as possible, and a Bush supporter. But, it is a true story. Mrs. Bush addressed the issue many years ago during an interview. It was an ACCIDENT, involving a young driver. Mrs. Bush is a shining example of what a first lady should be, and I emphasize the word LADY.

We know it's a true story.  We just don't like some troll trying to start shit by bringing it up.  It has been beaten to death the last 6 years, usually by liberal idiots.  Liberal and idiot are kind of redundant, aren't they.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow. Some of you guys are waaaay too into this. Unless LB is your mom, you all should lighten up and don't take it so personal. And... it is a true story it seems. And yes it will come up from time to time. So.. take your pills and go back to bed. You'll feel better in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why were you googling it?  Just looking for some trash to dredge up to stir up shit.

Yeah, it's a dupe about a hundred times over.  The Dems tried to use it as leverage and the American people told them to shove it.

Ya, WTF were you Googling?

Since you cannot even Google something, I'll do it for you

KeMiCaLs =
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#50]
06'...year of the troll.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top