writing is as follows:
E.B.3. on the cylinder
England on cylander
BNP on cylander

DI ** on the right side of the pistol
England below the cylinder on the right side of the pistol

BNP .38 .767" in front of the cylinder on the left side of the pistol
3 1/2 tons below the above

what i assume to be the SN of the pistol on the bottom of the barrel, and the front of the trigger guard

Cal .38 '43 on top of the barrel

does this make sense to anyone, or is it too hard to understand?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark II Enfield revolver 38S&W

Wanna sell it, I passed one up a while back and have regretted doing so ever since.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.courter.org/guns/handguns/webleymkiv.html

check out this website. Dude has same pistol
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mark II Enfield revolver 38S&W

Wanna sell it, I passed one up a while back and have regretted doing so ever since.

that would probaly be step number 2.  it was given to me, but i don't shoot it.  i like my sig p226, and glock 33 too much.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Enfield .38 No 2 MK1* revolver.

ETA picture and info.

"In June 1938, the first modification to Weapon No 291 was carried out and the revolver was re-designated the No 2 Mk I*. The modification consisted of the removal of the 'comb' and the single action cocking bent from the hammer, which means that this revolver is double action only. Since this requires lifting of the hammer, rotation of the cylinder and firing by pulling of the trigger, the trigger pull is very heavy. As a result, this revolver is of very limited accurate range."

www.rememuseum.org.uk/arms/pistols/armpr.htm#291
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
For reference

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Enfield No 2

ETA: too slow.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help everyone who replied.  There was a question regarding selling it.  If anyone is interested, please IM me about it.  Hmm, i wonder if thats a "no-no" for this forum.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the help everyone who replied.  There was a question regarding selling it.  If anyone is interested, please IM me about it.  Hmm, i wonder if thats a "no-no" for this forum.

IM sent to ya
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top