Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:01:14 PM EDT
If another AWB was passed would citizens be required to turn over their "assault weapons?"
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
after they pry it from my cold dead hands

ETA: this is in no way condoning illegal actions against any authorities
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
depends on how they word it
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
they'd never find me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Also they would have to go fishing for my "Assault Weapons"

tragic day on the boat
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny thing. I was on a boat in the Ohio River and it flipped over. Well, I just happened to have all of my Assault Weapons with me. I barely made it. It was horrible. I managed to save my own life. My Assault Weapons, however, Well they didn't make it.
I'm sure they're all still laying on the bottom of the river. Just go look, You'll see.

ETA. Spelling.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
depends on how they word it

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If another AWB was passed would citizens be required to turn over their "assault weapons?"

If they pass one that says that, I'll have sold all of mine in private party transfers for which there is no paper trail.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#9]

I swear, it seems that some people are just hoping and praying for the worst.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#11]
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Doubtful in the near future, but I could see it happening incremenatly over a period of time.

First, reintroduce the 94 ban with the same "evil features" language.

Second, ban production of military style semi-auto rifles in any configuration, but presently owned ones are grandfathered.

Third, legislate that grandfathered firearms need to be registered as NFA items.

Fourth, either ban NFA firearms or restict their ownership even more.

I'm not a legal scholar by any means, so I'm not certain how the "Ex Post Facto" clause of the Constitution
would come into effect.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they pass one that says that, I'll have sold all of mine in private party transfers for which there is no paper trail.

Might as well turn them all in.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#14]
In 94 did law require the removal of “evil features” or just grandfathered in as is and left alone?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#15]
It would ban all semi-automatics except those produced prior to 1899
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um.  I don't think you got what I was really saying.  Read it again and think "boating accident."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
In 94 did law require the removal of “evil features” or just grandfathered in as is and left alone?

Are you new to firearms?

The 1994 AWB only banned the manufacture of NEW assault weapons and 11+ round magazines. Ones made before could be legally bought, sold, and accessorized to your heart's content.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, it woun't be a stretch for some repub to bring this up if a Democrat like McCain is the best the GOP can nominate in 2008. They'll be reaching for every vote....

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um.  I don't think you got what I was really saying.  Read it again and think "boating accident."

I know what you meant.
When it is time to use the boating accident story, it is time to use your guns.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I know what you meant.
When it is time to use the boating accident story, it is time to use your guns.

Oh, I follow you now.

The thing is, if my plan would be to use force, I wouldn't state that here, particularly not well in advance of the need to do so.  It could hurt any potential legal defense I might have between now and TEOTWAWKI -- you know, crazy gun nut who says he'd shoot the feds before letting them take his guns.  

I find it's wiser to make jokes about boating accidents than discuss certain matters, at least for the time being.  There are other things I don't discuss here for similar reasons.

But I agree with you in principle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top