Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 2:26:24 PM EDT
I have the Olympics on in the background and these goofballs are doing their thing.

Seems to me a game that would go hand in hand with drinking beer.  Like bowling.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ghey.   Curling is just ghey.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Seems to me a game that would go hand in hand with drinking beer. Like bowling.

I was on my high school curling team. There's usually a bar in the rink.

Here's my home rink:

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

We headed up to Montreal to curl for a team building event a few months ago. I learned very fast that curling is just an excuse to get shitfaced drunk.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I swept the sidewalk once.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Can't be any worse than horseshoe throwing
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It reminds me of shuffleboard on ice.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Curling is the Canidian Equivilent of horseshoes. Throw something, drink, throw some more.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We headed up to Montreal to curl for a team building event a few months ago. I learned very fast that curling is just an excuse to get shitfaced drunk.

I married a Canadian.  My first trip to meet the in-laws they dragged me to a curling rink. -40 degrees outside, -10 inside. You're lucky to be able to crawl home afterwards. Lots of fingers smashed by rocks and people tripping over funny little brooms.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Just my hair.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
It's as boring as watching golf.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I swept the sidewalk once.

Those Swedish brooms everyone uses today are teh ghey. When I curled, we used the old style corn brooms and sweeping a rock was hard work and definitely an aquired skill.

I was lead so I swept all the rocks except my own.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I watched a little of that this morning before leaving for work.  USA vs. Norway.  One of the women on

the Norweign team was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.  Blue eyes, drop dead

smile, beautiful face.  Made me a fan of the sport.  Two sisters on the US team were not bad either.

Marianne Roervik I think is her name.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WAY too much movement compared to horeshoes or washers, or even boccee (or however the fuck you spell it) ball.  you get a nice even drunk with these games and get fatter as you eat artery clogging food off of the grill .  plus it's warmer when you play these games.

jake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top