Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 1:24:13 PM EDT
Are their any free online strategy games about the war? I played myself silly with Superpower 1 and 2 and am looking for something to keep me busy until the wee hours. I am looking for something that is really into the details like production and organizing foreces..etc
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are their any free online strategy games about the war? I played myself silly with Superpower 1 and 2 and am looking for something to keep me busy until the wee hours. I am looking for something that is really into the details like production and organizing foreces..etc

Hell, I'll take non-free games that offers that level of granularity.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't even know they had a Superpower 2. I played the heck out of the first one. You might try Hearts of Iron.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Hearts of Iron is good. Supposidly there is a 2nd one, but I havent played it yet.

I like Superpower and Superpower 2, but both of them have some problems. If they could combine the stuff that the 1st one has that the 2nd one doesnt it would be a far better game.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
i never got the second superpower to work properly,,damned screw ups everywhere
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
fasfsasdfdsvvbrwhtrjn
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
fasfsasdfdsvvbrwhtrjn

^ ^ V V < > < > B A [Start]    
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to www.the-underdogs.org
You will find TONS of free games/abandonware about WWII, some of them really good: Close combat 2, Axis and allies, panzer general ....

If you can pay: Heart of Iron, world at war
If you can pay and have a lot of time: Uncommon valor and war in the pacific: imo some of the best WWII games ever.
Matrix is editing a lot of them too: www.matrixgames.com/

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Combat II, III, IV are all outstanding games.  

However, the best real time strategy game of all time is, and will continue to be, Starcraft.  You can pick it up along with the expansion pack for ten bucks.   One of the best selling games of ALL time.  It is quite addictive.  Check reviews anywhere.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Go to www.the-underdogs.org
You will find TONS of free games/abandonware about WWII, some of them really good: Close combat 2, Axis and allies, panzer general ....

The Perfect General, man I used to love this game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top