Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 11:47:57 AM EDT
"They  train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders
won't allow them to  write fuck on their airplanes because it's obscene! "
-Col. Kurtz

Kind of reminds me of the rules around this place sometimes.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Hah, pretty good observation...sometimes....

I love some of his quotes from that movie, that being one of the best...

"Are you a soldier or an assassin? You're neither, you're an errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill"

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
"I watched a snail crawling on the edge of a straight razor...that's my dream..."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
fucking savages
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
fucking savages

"Get down there and stick the skid up her ass!"

"Wagner! I play Wagner, scares the hell out of the slopes...."

More great lines, but not Kurtz....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, since we're doing any and all Apocalypse Now quotes...

"Clean, Mr. Clean was from some South Bronx shithole and I think the light and space of The Nam really put the zap on his head..."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Darn. I thought this thread was about Heart of Darkness.

Nevermind. I'll be leaving then.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]
"..I am above their lying morality."

"We must destroy them. Pig after pig, cow after cow, village after village. But yet they call me, an assasin."

"Horror and moral terror are your friends. For if they are not, then they are enemies to be feared."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
fucking savages

don't say that Hokie, aimless is going to lock the thread for racist comments
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucking savages

edited: goshdern noodlebrained meanies
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#10]
If I say its safe to surf this beach Captain, then its safe to surf this beach. I mean I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole fucking place!

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"They  train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders
won't allow them to  write fuck on their airplanes because it's obscene! "
-Col. Kurtz

Kind of reminds me of the rules around this place sometimes.
~Dg84

Hey, I'm in that army.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]
"Get out of here ! Gimme that canteen.

Get outta here or I kick your fucking ass !

Any man brave enough to fight with  his guts strapped

in can drink from my canteen any day."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Hopper as the photojopurnalist was great.

PHOTOJOURNALIST
"Do you know what the man is saying? Do you? This is dialectics.
It's very simple dialectics. One through nine, no maybes, no
supposes, no fractions -- you can't travel in space, you can't go out
into space, you know, without, like, you know, with fractions -- what
are you going to land on, one quarter, three-eighths -- what are you
going to do when you go from here to Venus or something -- that's
dialectic physics, OK? Dialectic logic is there's only love and hate, you
either love somebody or you hate them."

Kurtz throws a book angrily at him :

PHOTOJOURNALIST
"This is the way the fucking world ends! Look at this fucking shit
we're in, man! Not with a bang, with a whimper. And with a whimper,
I'm fucking splitting, jack!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#15]
charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#16]
It's the heads, isn't it?   You're looking at the heads.   Well, sometimes he goes too far, man...  But he;s the first to admit it!"
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#17]
"Terminate, . . . . . with extreme prejudiced"
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
fucking savages

Charlie don't surf!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#19]
never get off the boat

fucking mangos!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#20]
"We'll come in low, out of the rising Sun!"

Hey... how come all you guys sit on your helmets?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucking savages

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucking savages

Never get out the boat!

G'bye, Tiger!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"We'll come in low, out of the rising Sun!"

Hey... how come all you guys sit on your helmets?

"So we don't get our BALLS blown off!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucking savages

We know for a fact that the thread will be locked if you repeat what Kurtz wrote in his diary...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucking savages

We know for a fact that the thread will be locked if you repeat what Kurtz wrote in his diary...

Why did he say bad things about islam?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's one of my favorite Col.Kurtz quotes.

I find his reasoning to be something of an appropriate "solution" to the extremist Islamic problem we now face.

"I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I find his reasoning to be something of an appropriate "solution" to the extremist Islamic problem we now face.

"I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us."

So you want to go and hack the arms off of children?
You're a real tough guy.
Real tough guy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a real tough guy.
Real tough guy.

No I think what he is saying is that without that sort of mindset, we will not win against our current enemy, because we won't win without offending the sensibilities of our enemy, something no one seems willing to do....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Charlie DONT SURF!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Boy are you lame... doctors308

It is all about being DISPASSIONATE about what MUST be done to win, to succeed, to solve a problem.

About doing what it takes.

No matter what bed wetting nancies think.

Its all about the cold hard realities of the situation at hand.

The US ties both hands behind its own back in the war on terror.

The bottom line is that the lib-simps are the ones who are re-writing history and judging those who dropped the bombs on Japan.

The reality is, we need more of those who DID sign the orders and those who DID approve of the bomb dropping.

Get in and do what needs to be done or cast your soldiers lives to the wind.

Tell the muzzies that mecca will be a glass parking lot and see how fast this baloney ends.

Dram out
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#32]
That's a movie you can tell is great in the first few minutes, and with the first few lines.

"Saigon, shit. I'm still only in Saigon."

"It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I'd never want another."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#33]
How do you feel today Jimmy?

Like a mean motherfucker, Sir.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a real tough guy.
Real tough guy.

Mom, is that you?

I said his reasoning, not the story itself. It's not the kids arms part I'm talking about, I'm talking about the will to do what it takes to actually win vs the enemy your fighting.

Dry the tears Sally.....nobody wants to hack off kids arms...mmmmm k?

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:53:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a real tough guy.
Real tough guy.

No I think what he is saying is that without that sort of mindset, we will not win against our current enemy, because we won't win without offending the sensibilities of our enemy, something no one seems willing to do....

Thank you. Exactly right.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It is all about being DISPASSIONATE about what MUST be done to win, to succeed, to solve a problem.

The bottom line is that the lib-simps are the ones who are re-writing history and judging those who dropped the bombs on Japan.

The reality is, we need more of those who DID sign the orders and those who DID approve of the bomb dropping.

Tell the muzzies that mecca will be a glass parking lot and see how fast this baloney ends.

Dram out

You too. Thanks....my point exactly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#37]
"Who's in charge here?"

"It aint you?"

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Dram out

Preach it, brother!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dram out

You too. Thanks....my point exactly.

SNIP>

"every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger"
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Col. who?

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#41]
THE HORROR! THE HORROR!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#42]
"I wanted a mission. And for my sins, they gave me one."
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#43]
America lacks focus.

The focus should be like the point of a laser on the problem.

"ROP"

When we hold Mecca hostage and tell them if you play games it goes "BOOM".

All the handwringing will be :

OVER WITH!!!!!!

When will we ever learn?

Dram out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top