Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 11:05:09 PM EDT
Okay, in an argument over stupid shit at work tonight I claimed to have read an article stating that a mushroom would cure herion addiction.  This guy is a total Jesus freak who went through NA for his fucking O.C. addiction.  He asked for proof and I can't fucking find that article...  Anyone else remember this article??
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
No, that's treatment options, something I don't give a fuck about.  I'm looking for that article that came out sometime in 2005 about a study that claimed it cured like 90% with some mushroom they found somewhere.  I honestly can't find it and to save myself a few more hours I come here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Bbbingo.   I'll post a pic for those to lazy to help:

not a mushroom, a flowering plant.  Maybe I took mushrooms when I read the article!  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Whats an OC addiction?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whats an OC addiction?

I think it's when you watch the OC too much.

Actually it is probably Oxycontin.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Whats an OC addiction?

Its that stupid show on FOX that is supposed to be about Orange County but it is filmed in Malibu... some people just love that show too much
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Right, the "easy" way to be a heroin addict.  Rush did it though and he's okay.  ibogaine is a Class 1 drug in the U.S. so just say no.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Ibogaine isn't a mushroom, and it's a psychedelic drug.  LSD was explored for treatment for alcoholism for a brief time in the 60's before Leary tried bringing it to the masses.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ibogaine isn't a mushroom, and it's a psychedelic drug.  LSD was explored for treatment for alcoholism for a brief time in the 60's before Leary tried bringing it to the masses.

Tried?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tried?

Haha, thats exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh, I see what you mean.  Thought at first you were asking if I've tried ibogaine.  Yeah, Leary succeeded in spreading the wrd about LSD to the world.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whats an OC addiction?

Correct.  Something like 80mg of oxycodone in a time release pill.  Great for chronic pain sufferers so they don't have to keep taking multiple doses of Percocet/Roxicet/other brands constantly.  Unfortunately abusers found that they could just snort the things to get around the time release.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whats an OC addiction?

It's when you use too much FOX pepper spray...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Okay, in an argument over stupid shit at work tonight I claimed to have read an article stating that a mushroom would cure herion addiction.  This guy is a total Jesus freak who went through NA for his fucking O.C. addiction.  He asked for proof and I can't fucking find that article...  Anyone else remember this article??

dude you are really fucking angry over a fucking tv show
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top