Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:13:22 PM EDT
Title edit for the people that can't except the fact that I knew he was an Illegal!

This afternoon about 3:30pm or so I'm driving over to my brother house, he lives about 3/4 of a mile away in the same general neighborhood and I almost get hit head on by some drunk POS illegal alien.

Keep in mind that driving to my brothers house from mine is just a trip through a neighborhood, I don't even have to go onto a major street or anything.

Anyway, so I driving west down the street called Oak coming up to 10th st. where I'm going to make a right heading north. Just before I get to 10th St. some illegal in a Ford Taurus which was heading north on 10th St. turns heading east on Oak and takes the turn super wide, the fucker almost hit me head on, but I slammed on my brakes and luckily this idiot manages to stop before he hit me.

So I yell something like "You fucking idiot" and he backs up and I notice that he runs all up over the curb and stuff and I go ahead and turn down 10th St. Then I thought, this asshole has to be fucked up so I turn around and start following him down Oak St. back towards where I just came from. Anyway at 12th St. there's a stop sign, the idiot manages to stop for it, but he's swerving all over the place so I call 911 from my cell phone and explain the situation. I tell them he's heading towards a major street (16th St.) and that if he get on there, there is going to be a wreck for sure.

I keep following him and he's still swerving all over the place, at 14th St. he hits the curb hard, but still keep going. At 15th St. he rides all up in someones yard over some pretty big rocks, then floors it and takes off again. Now he's coming up to 16th St. a major street, but decides to turn into some illegal alien bar right on the corner of 16th St and Oak. There I watch him slam right into the building of the bar in reverse, not enough to hurt the building, but enough to dent up the shitty Taurus, then he turns around in the parking lot and floors it in reverse again and goes over a big parking block almost hitting a telephone pole, then guns it in drive and flys back over the big parking block. You could hear the bottom of the car hitting the parking block hard both times.

So a few minutes later the cops show up. They ask me if he hit anything and I said he almost hit me head on, but he didn't hit anything that I saw other than hitting the building. Anyway, the cops ended up arresting the drunk POS thanks to me which was cool. I swear, I've never seen anyone driving before that seemed more fucked up than this idiot. Not to be all dramatic, but I kind of feel like the fact that I decided to get involved might have saved someone elses life maybe. So many people probably see things like this and just shake their head and go about their business, but I'm glad I decided to act.

woot! One less drunk illegal on the street tonight.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
HOORAH
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
you racist bastard!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
ARIZONA KICK'S ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Vigilante!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ARIZONA KICK'S ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

no shit, four AZ posts in a row

(its a conspiracy, accounts are getting locked in 3...2.........)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]
good job,but how did you know he  was an  illegal?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

probably the sonora mexico plates on the car
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#8]
It's good that nobody got hurt, but can you honestly tell that someone is illegal because they drive a Taurus or hit a certain building?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

probably the sonora mexico plates on the car

Probably because about 85% are?(I do not have actual facts of this, just my personal belief.)

Remember hes not from around here, he would not understand...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#10]
What you did, we need a hell of a lot more of it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's good that nobody got hurt, but can you honestly tell that someone is illegal because they drive a Taurus or hit a certain building?

Get serious man. Of course the fact that he was driving a Taurus wasn't the only reason I knew he was an illegal.

Wanna know how I knew? Let's see, a 50 or so year old Mexican driving with a cowboy hat on that spoke no English at all was the dead giveaway. Actually, the car was part of how I knew too.

I know some people find it hard to believe that anyone can tell, but trust me, living here in AZ that has always had a rather large Hispanic population, it's very easy to spot the illegals from the American Hispanics. I can probably pick them out with a 98% accuracy rate. Really, I'm not kidding, they are very easy to spot.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for getting me arrested, esse!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I notice a LOT of mexicans drive the Ford Taurus... in fact some bitch in a Taurus on alvernon the other day just decided she was only going to stop HALF WAY into the left turn lane... WTF? I had to slam on my brakes to avoid a collision.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I know some people find it hard to believe that anyone can tell, but trust me, living here in AZ that has always had a rather large Hispanic population, it's very easy to spot the illegals from the American Hispanics. I can probably pick them out with a 98% accuracy rate. Really, I'm not kidding, they are very easy to spot.

It is usually pretty easy to tell the illegals in Houston, unless you are blind AND deaf
I don't think that MOST immigrants after going through all the trouble to get here legally
Drive around drunk off their asses, I could be wrong, but I think Immigrants have a
MUCH lower crime rate than the criminals that have entered this country illegally
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Vigilante!

And God bless him.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I guess no American would drive a Taurus, drive drunk, wear a cowboy hat, or go to the wrong type of bar.

EDIT--I almost forgot one thing. Americans don't get 50 years old either.

Carry on.........
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Yup, cowboy hat, dirty jeans cowboy boots, filthy flannel shirt, huge belt buckle.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#18]
And the best part is he'll spend a few hours in jail until he sobers up...reclaim his uninsured, unregisterd, uninspected Taurus...never show up for court because he didn't give the arresting PO the legit information and DMV cant take away his license because he dosen't have one...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Wouldn't be surprised if they sprung him before you got home.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yeah, I guess no American would drive a Taurus, drive drunk, wear a cowboy hat, or go to the wrong type of bar.

Carry on.........

Man you really don't get it. You can be an illegal alien sympathizer all you want, although I don't know you would want to be, and you can even try to put me "on trial" to prove it if you want, but that's not the point.

This mother fucker WAS an illegal aliens, that's all there is to it.

Here's the thing that you don't understand, and perhaps why you shouldn't even speak on the subject, AZ has always had a large American Hispanic population. I've lived amoung them my whole life. Illegal aliens don't look the same, don't dress the same, don't drive the same cars or do anything at all even similar to American Hispanics. Oh yeah, and they DON'T speak English either.

If you were around American blacks your whole life and then suddenly that city started getting over run from illegal blacks from some part of Africa, you'd be able to tell the difference between them and the American blacks you grew up with. They would have their own style, non-English language...and they simply don't even look the same. Illegal Mexicans are the same way.

You don't know what you're talking about, so just quit trying to make me look dumb, because you're only succeeding in making yourself look dumb.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
And the best part is he'll spend a few hours in jail until he sobers up...reclaim his uninsured, unregisterd, uninspected Taurus...never show up for court because he didn't give the arresting PO the legit information and DMV cant take away his license because he dosen't have one...

You're exactly right. In fact, I saw the cops checking his back pockets for a wallet. I don't think he had one. So yeah, it's only going to be a minor inconvenience for him. Nothing serious.

I still had to call the cops though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're exactly right. In fact, I saw the cops checking his back pockets for a wallet. I don't think he had one. So yeah, it's only going to be a minor inconvience for him. Nothing serious.

You did the right thing...maybe next time he'll be the only one on the road and wrap himself around a tree.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're exactly right. In fact, I saw the cops checking his back pockets for a wallet. I don't think he had one. So yeah, it's only going to be a minor inconvience for him. Nothing serious.

You did the right thing...maybe next time he'll be the only one on the road and wrap himself around a tree.

I hope so. God damn I hate illegal aliens.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yeah, and only for tonight. Sad but all you did was give him a place to sleep and a couple of free meals.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Pinche gringo Maricon!!! Eeef I effer fine ou who ju are I gone to chinga tu madre an jur dog too!!!...[bandito]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and only for tonight. Sad but all you did was give him a place to sleep and a couple of free meals.

Probably, but I really had no choice. That illegal POS was going to seriously hurt someone, or even kill them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Carry on.........

Ahhh I noticed that you conveniently left out the part where I said HE DID NOT SPEAK ENGLISH!

Good liberal tactic, take only certain parts of what someone says and leave out other parts to make it appear as though they don't know what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably, but I really had no choice. That illegal POS was going to seriously hurt someone, or even kill them.

I agree 89grand. That is why I said it was sad. Short of committing a felony, they can stand in an intersection and shout they are illegal and there is nothing you can do.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds good, but what could possibly possess you to follow him like some sort of volunteer police officer?

It's like CCW as far as I care - I'm in the game for me and my own.  Calling the cops is one thing, taking it upon yourself to go after him like in some sort of low-speed chase was probably a bad idea.  At least it ended up without anyone getting hurt here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Sounds good, but what could possibly possess you to follow him like some sort of volunteer police officer?

It's like CCW as far as I care - I'm in the game for me and my own.  Calling the cops is one thing, taking it upon yourself to go after him like in some sort of low-speed chase was probably a bad idea.  At least it ended up without anyone getting hurt here.

I wasn't chasing the mother fucker, and besides this drunk asshole didn't have any idea what was going on, let alone realizing that I was following him.

I followed him because I was still on the phone with the cops, I needed to catch up to him to get his plate number and I was telling them where he was going...you know, so they'd know where to go to catch him.

What good would it have been to call the cops before I got his license plate number and if I didn't even know where he was going.

I could see it now:

Me: Hi 911, there's a guy driving drunk, he almost hit me head on.
911: What's he driving?
Me: A white Ford Taurus.
911: What's his license plate number?
Me: I don't know.
911 Which way is going?
Me: I don't know, following him to give you that information is stupid.
911: Thanks for nothing sir, we'll keep an eye out for one of the 5000 white Ford Taurus running around town, or we'll respond to the accident he's sure to cause.
Me: OK, Glad I could help.

I didn't do anything stupid at all, it wasn't like it was some sort of high speed chase down the freeway, in fact, it wasn't a chase at all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't chasing the mother fucker, and besides this drunk asshole didn't have any idea what was going on, let alone realizing that I was following him.

I followed him because I was still on the phone with the cops, I needed to catch up to him to get his plate number and I was telling them where he was going...you know, so they'd know where to go to catch him.

What good would it have been to call the cops before I got his license plate number and if I didn't even know where he was going.

I didn't do anything stupid at all, it wasn't like it was some sort of high spped chase down the freeway.

Just from my initial reading it sounded like you took it upon yourself to keep after him until the cops got to him.

I'm just saying, it could've been nasty if he had noticed you turn around and follow him and then he tried to get away from you.  There's a reason why car chases suck, and it sounded like this was close to being that.  It sounded like that's what he was trying to do, evade you.  You don't think so?

ETA: Actually I said "low speed chase", which is actually a pretty common thing, but is still dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I could see it now:

911 Which way is going?
911: Thanks for nothing sir, we'll keep an eye out for one of the 5000 white Ford Taurus running around town, or we'll respond to the accident he's sure to cause.

Okay, now that's straight up BS.  You have a description, driving very erratically, and a direction of travel.  That's not 1 in 5000 odds, unless you have a serious drunk driving problem in your town.

You wanted to do something about the guy.  Fine.  But that's why you went after him, not to get a description of the car.  You already had that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't do anything stupid at all, it wasn't like it was some sort of high spped chase down the freeway.

Just from my initial reading it sounded like you took it upon yourself to keep after him until the cops got to him.

I'm just saying, it could've been nasty if he had noticed you turn around and follow him and then he tried to get away from you.  There's a reason why car chases suck, and it sounded like this was close to being that.  It sounded like that's what he was trying to do, evade you.  You don't think so?

No man, this guy was out of his fucking gord. He didn't know I was following him, he didn't know what the fuck was going on.

I think he was going to that bar the whole time. I didn't know where he was going, I was following somewhat behind him just so I could tell the cops where he was. If I didn't follow him, he could have turned down any number of streets and gotten away.

I'm telling you, I've never seen anyone driving that drunk before. It was a serious matter and I felt I had to follow him. It definetely was not a chase, he wasn't drving fast at all, just all over the road.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

No man, this guy was out of his fucking gord. He didn't know I was following him, he didn't know what the fuck was going on.

I think he was going to that bar the whole time. I didn't know where he was going, I was following somewhat behind him just so I could tell the cops where he was. If I didn't follow him, he could have turned down any number of streets and gotten away.

I'm telling you, I've never seen anyone driving that drunk before. It was a serious matter and I felt I had to follow him. It definetely was not a chase, he wasn't drving fast at all, just all over the road.

Okie dokie.  Like I said I'm just glad nobody got hurt and he got arrested.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I could see it now:

911 Which way is going?

Okay, now that's straight up BS.  You have a description, driving very erratically, and a direction of travel.  That's not 1 in 5000 odds, unless you have a serious drunk driving problem in your town.

You wanted to do something about the guy.  Fine.  But that's why you went after him, not to get a description of the car.  You already had that.

I had a description of the car, but I didn't have his license plate number. I knew what direction he was travelling right after he almost hit me, but after that, he could have turned down any number of streets and gone north, south east or west. They could have had a hard time finding him if they didn't even know what direction he was driving in. The was a residential street, he could have gone anywhere.

I did the right thing. Why should I have given the cops just basic info and just hoped it all turned out well, when I could follow him and tell the cops exactly where he was?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Uhhhhh....who?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I think the bigger issue is that you got a motherfucking drunk driver arrested, which is more important than whether he was illegal or not.

I hate drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I think the bigger issue is that you got a motherfucking drunk driver arrested, which is more important than whether he was illegal or not.

I hate drunk drivers.

It is worse that it was a drunk illegal, but I would have done the same thing even if I didn't think it was an illegal in the car.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Just one more side note, I didn't follow him more than say half a mile, it was all low speed in a residential are. I wanted them to catch him before he got onto a major street and ended up killing someone. This guy wasn't buzzed, he was totally wasted, like maybe he had 25 beers or something.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Too many people have your attitude.  "Not my problem" and turn the other way.  He wasn't trying to arrest the guy.  He was following at a safe distance to get info for 911.  Big difference.

Thanks 89grand for having the guts to do the right thing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too many people have your attitude.  "Not my problem" and turn the other way.  He wasn't trying to arrest the guy.  He was following at a safe distance to get info for 911.  Big difference.

Thanks 89grand for having the guts to do the right thing.

Actually, "not my problem" would be not calling the cops at all.

All I'm saying is I'm not a cop and I don't like playing one.  For one, it's dangerous to me and others, and for two, it can get me arrested or sued.  All in all a bad idea.  I would be very hesitant to draw a firearm as CCW in any situation other than a direct and present threat against myself or somebody immediately next to me for the same reason.  It's all the same logic, really.

That being said from the further description it sounds like what 89grand did was appropriate.  It just initially sounded to me like he was following him through town to take care of the problem himself, which I would consider to be somewhat, I dunno, reckless.  But it sounds like it was contained pretty well, so no big deal.

But whatever, this is the Internet, so feel free to flame the hell out of me for not wanting to get shot, jailed, or sued.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It is called a profile.
Certain things tend to indicate that a person belongs to a certain group.
For instance, I can profile for people who might be CCW holders judging by certain items of clothing.
Fanny packs, hawaiian shirts, the leather belts designed for use with a holster, and so on.
It might not be right all the time, but a profile is called a profile for a reason.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#44]
89grand Great Job!!!!!

I'm an LEO and you did everything right.
Followed a Drunk Driver and gave the PD info over the cell phone.
No confrontation and a drunk driver arrested!
Perfect!!

I did exactly the same thing a while back.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Yep, I suppose you could call 911 and give a desciption and plate number and leave the area.

But then how would you feel if that drunk driver killed somebody?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Usted estúpido gringo, la policía me detuvo y ahora no puedo mostrar hasta mi trabajo vendiendo la droga mañana. Ellos también tiro mi perro.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:10:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Yep, I suppose you could call 911 and give a desciption and plate number and leave the area.

Probably not a whole lot honestly.  It wouldn't be my fault.

However it would be my fault if I had turned around and went after the guy, and then he spooks and not having any training or backup to control the situation he takes off to evade me and in the process mows down some pedestrians.  If that happened, my action would have made things worse, not better.

I'm not a doctor, but I know the first rule is to try not to do any harm.

ETA: Actually, I think my emotion would be more inclined to be more pissed at the drunk asshole that killed people than any decision on my part.

ETA2:  Just for the record, I will call in accidents on the highway, but I have been instructed by paramedics and LE not to stop if there's traffic due to complicating the situation and putting another person in danger for them to deal with when they show up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably not a whole lot honestly.  It wouldn't be my fault.

However it would be my fault if I had turned around and went after the guy, and then he spooks and not having any training or backup to control the situation he takes off to evade me and in the process mows down some pedestrians.  If that happened, my action would have made things worse, not better.

I'm not a doctor, but I know the first rule is to try not to do any harm.

ETA: Actually, I think my emotion would be more inclined to be more pissed at the drunk asshole that killed people than any decision on my part.

I don't want to get involved.
Worked in New York with Kitty Genovese
A fine tradition being carried on.......
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I don't want to get involved.
Worked in New York with Kitty Genovese
A fine tradition being carried on.......

If someone would've called the police, it might've helped.

You're being silly.  I recognize I am not a cop and that a CCW permit is not a badge.  It's funny that you seem to think it is.

But you're LE, so I suppose you don't really understand the whole complication of having the threat hanging over your head of being arrested for taking the law into your hands like I do.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top