Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:48:15 PM EDT
search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?r=1&popup=0&ath=Forbes+Robbins+Blair

I bought a book on hypnosis a couple of weeks ago, as it is a subject I have been interested in since I saw a Hypno show at a navy e-club on Coronado Isl, & then in a bar in WI.
I saw amazing things via the magic of hypnosis.

That was 17 yrs ago & although I was able to find book on the subject way back then they all seemed to fade from mind & eventually disappear.
6 yrs ago I went to a professional hypnotist for help with losing weight. It worked but was expensive, & I lost interest because of the cost, & the 50 mile trip to get there.
So I got a new book at Barnes & Noble a couple of weeks ago that I have been using & I have seen some absolutely amazing results.

It's called Instant Self hypnosis   "How to hypnotize yourself with your eyes open" By: Forbes Robbins Blair

It is amazing to say the least. I have used it to stop a bad habit instantly without a second thought, & to change my eating habits radically, & a few more private things, & all I can say is that I am amazed at how well it is working for me. I am truly amazed, & that is why I had to do this post.

I usually have 2 sessions a day that take about 20 minutes each, & I have never experienced anything so life changing, yet so utterly easy. It gives you the ability to reach your own subconscious mind & give yourself suggestion for what you really want. After that it's not a matter of self control, or self will. It is just a simple change that takes no more effort on your part than breathing.

The book comes with 35 hypnosis scripts, which are the readable suggestions you use after reading the induction script that leads you into hypnosis.

It has a section on how to hypnotize others, & how to write your own customized suggestion scripts. It is super simple, fun, & whats more it really works.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
...and chapter one of the books places a suggestion in your mind to post glowing reviews of it on the internet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...and chapter one of the books places a suggestion in your mind to post glowing reviews of it on the internet.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Do you really think so?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Not everyone is hypnotizable though.  Not sure how doing to yourself would work either.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you really think so?

Whatever you do, don't read chapter twelve or you'll find yourself walking down main street with no pants on and a feather duster up your ass.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I got Mezmerized in a club one time. It was freaky sh*t. You know what's going on and all, you won't do anything you wouldn't normally. I remember sitting there looking at the rest of the people on stage and thinking WTF.....A couple of us almost got dismissed for not being highly suggestive (for lack of a better term)but the guy would come up and look at you and pass his hand by your face and you were pretty much his again, no words...craaaazzzy.
IE: I knew my name and said it in my head over and over so I could when he asked and I could not.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you really think so?

It's really the only explanation for your post.

GM
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not everyone is hypnotizable though.  Not sure how doing to yourself would work either.

Very very few people are not hypnotizable. It is explained in the book better than I can explaine it to ya'll.

Oh yeah, go to B & N and read the book for free. I paid around $14.00 for it, & I can read it at my leasure.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Shitloads of the self help/motivation books are about positive thinking/ subconsious mind / self hypnosis type stuff. I haven't tried any of it, but it seems to be the common theme.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Shitloads of the self help/motivation books are about positive thinking/ subconsious mind / self hypnosis type stuff. I haven't tried any of it, but it seems to be the common theme.

You need one with a script that will make your face look better for your avatar! Keep looking!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll tag this one for more experiences, positive or negative
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book. I will buy the book.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
See,......... I told you it works!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:53:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I got Mezmerized in a club one time. It was freaky sh*t. You know what's going on and all, you won't do anything you wouldn't normally. I remember sitting there looking at the rest of the people on stage and thinking WTF.....A couple of us almost got dismissed for not being highly suggestive (for lack of a better term)but the guy would come up and look at you and pass his hand by your face and you were pretty much his again, no words...craaaazzzy.
IE: I knew my name and said it in my head over and over so I could when he asked and I could not.

That's really wild. That is how it is for the things I have suggested for myself.
Last night at work I did a script to stop swearing, but damn if I know weather it worked or not yet.

Actually damn is the only semi swear word I can now find it possible use. It might be that hell & damn are not really swear words in my mind, but rather how they are used.

My book also explaines the difference between being mesmerized, & hypnotized. I guess there is a difference.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Go to this site, look at the center of the screen and concentrate on the voice for 60 seconds.  It will hypnotize you.

Web Hypnotism Site
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:21:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm getting sleepy.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Go to this site, look at the center of the screen and concentrate on the voice for 60 seconds.  It will hypnotize you.

Web Hypnotism Site

hardeeee har har.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone else ever have any hypno experiance?

I know this that watching tv or reading a book can induce a hypontic trance like state with most people.

I used to go into a trance like state when ever I walkied into a peaceful patch of woods.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I used to go into a trance like state when ever I walkied into a peaceful patch of woods.

Anyone else?

Does a peyote experience from 40 years ago qualify?  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone here ever here of Project JEDI?  .gov was playing with it for a while, nothing hokie as far as I know.  Basically they tried to see if people could shoot/perform under stress better through meditation on the event.  Supposedly, if before you go shoot a match (for example) if you imagine every motion and action you take slowly and in great detail you can get to the level of already having done it; then you actually go shoot and perform better.  I have been tempted to try it, but I don't have enough time to load mags let alone daydream these days.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?r=1&popup=0&ath=Forbes+Robbins+Blair

I bought a book on hypnosis a couple of weeks ago, as it is a subject I have been interested in since I saw a Hypno show at a navy e-club on Coronado Isl, & then in a bar in WI.
I saw amazing things via the magic of hypnosis.

That was 17 yrs ago & although I was able to find book on the subject way back then they all seemed to fade from mind & eventually disappear.
6 yrs ago I went to a professional hypnotist for help with losing weight. It worked but was expensive, & I lost interest because of the cost, & the 50 mile trip to get there.
So I got a new book at Barnes & Noble a couple of weeks ago that I have been using & I have seen some absolutely amazing results.

It's called Instant Self hypnosis   "How to hypnotize yourself with your eyes open" By: Forbes Robbins Blair

It is amazing to say the least. I have used it to stop a bad habit instantly without a second thought, & to change my eating habits radically, & a few more private things, & all I can say is that I am amazed at how well it is working for me. I am truly amazed, & that is why I had to do this post.

I usually have 2 sessions a day that take about 20 minutes each, & I have never experienced anything so life changing, yet so utterly easy. It gives you the ability to reach your own subconscious mind & give yourself suggestion for what you really want. After that it's not a matter of self control, or self will. It is just a simple change that takes no more effort on your part than breathing.

The book comes with 35 hypnosis scripts, which are the readable suggestions you use after reading the induction script that leads you into hypnosis.

It has a section on how to hypnotize others, & how to write your own customized suggestion scripts. It is super simple, fun, & whats more it really works.

You been beating off with the blinds cracked again???
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you really think so?

Whatever you do, don't read chapter twelve or you'll find yourself walking down main street with no pants on and a feather duster up your ass.

Whatever tickels your fancy
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'd be pretty scared to hypnotize myself.  What if I couldn't bring myself out of it?

Freaky shit.

Isn't that were zombies come from?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Bought the book yesterday and have read most of it today. It seems to be working on me so far. I'll follow  up in a few days to see if my memory is improving or not.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:22:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Bought the book yesterday and have read most of it today. It seems to be working on me so far. I'll follow  up in a few days to see if my memory is improving or not.  

Yes, if you remember, please let us know. My memory has greatly improved. When you remember the money you owe me you will have caught up to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top