Posted: 2/12/2006 5:42:43 PM EDT
What say ye? Dope or not?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
arrogant dope
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Asshat, but lots of talent.

I hope he enjoys his 15 minutes, and his Nike deals, because three weeks from now, nobody will remember who the hell he is.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Why did he feel the need to switch skis?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Bode is the shit man. Anyone named after a Patrick Swayze character rocks!

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else getting an awful picture from these olympics?  It looks horrible!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't care
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep, the arrogant fuck threw it away.

He let down 300,000,000 people what a fucking loser.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
He's all the Olympics have.

In my day, guys came back in from the Atlantic from hunting Soviet subs.

Or...

Back from the Fulda Gap.....

The day we beat the GD Russians in hockey, I thought I was going to gag
I was so happy we beat those bastards.

Do you believe in miricals?

Yeah....'CauseI was watching when it happened.

I wish I could say how I felt...I can't remember being that happy now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of 5 events he's entered in.  It'll be ok pooby, got drive your woman and make out with your car.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#11]
he's the Terrell Owens of skiing. The most talented but the most arrogant.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#12]
He is a super talented guy.   I don't think he is arrogant; he is bluntly honest about what he thinks... and he is just not concerned about his public image.   He doesn't like the trappings of "celebrity".
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Personally I think the entire team looks like a bunch of hippies or drunks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
He is a super talented guy.   I don't think he is arrogant; he is bluntly honest about what he thinks... and he is just not concerned about his public image.   He doesn't like the trappings of "celebrity".

Talented, no drive to win.  The problem with that is the talent plateau is wide, and he might ever get off without the will to strive for higher performance.

In the big picture, he'll soon be forgotten and back in mom's house choppin' wood, totin' water, and teaching tykes to ski.

Watch the ski board team for drive and the need to win - those guys and gals have what it takes, and it's showing up at the podium.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have competed at the world level twice on the Canadian Skydiving Team. When you are selected to represent your country it's a honor that many aspire to and few achieve. It's not to be taken lightly, so lightly that you dont do everything in your power to win or at least show your absolute best.

Bode Miller looked like he couldnt give a shit and he never even showed up to walk the course. His effort was half assed, disrespecting the people back home who helped put him there, USAC, his sponsors, his coaches, his teammates, the other Olympic athletes, the taxpayers who paid his way, and last but certainly not the least, his fans. If that isn't arrogance, I don't know what is.

If I was in charge, he'd be sent home.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Personally I think the entire team looks like a bunch of hippies or drunks.

They are.  Picabo street got her name, I shit you not, because her parents were hippies that intended to let her pick her own name when she grew up, but decided they wanted to travel and see the world, to get her a passport, she had to have a name.  The lived in a town called Picabo.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Bode Boy is 0 for 3!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Arrogant, but without the jets to back it up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:50:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Karma is a bitch.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
He's all the Olympics have.

In my day, guys came back in from the Atlantic from hunting Soviet subs.

Or...

Back from the Fulda Gap.....

The day we beat the GD Russians in hockey, I thought I was going to gag
I was so happy we beat those bastards.

Do you believe in miricals?

Yeah....'CauseI was watching when it happened.

I wish I could say how I felt...I can't remember being that happy now.

No offense, but you completely lost me.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Choke artist.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Asshat, but lots of talent.

I hope he enjoys his 15 minutes, and his Nike deals, because three weeks from now, nobody will remember who the hell he is.

Apparently not that talented.  He seems to be doing the big choke in every event so far.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#23]
So who is the biggest dope, Bode Miller or the snowboard chick (Jacbobelli) who lost the gold medal cause she showboated and fell on the last  jump when she was way ahead.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#24]
A fool who shouldn't be representing the USA in the olympics.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So who is the biggest dope, Bode Miller or the snowboard chick (Jacbobelli) who lost the gold medal cause she showboated and fell on the last  jump when she was way ahead.

I only caught the part where she fell, was she trying to show off?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

its a tie for first place right now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but she's got that visa check card thing covered.

+1. She, like a lot of these US Olympic types (Miller, Hedrick, etc al), is a complete, egotistical dumbass. Her interview afterwards was like, "Well, duh, gee..."
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Was she showing off? Did that cause her crash?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

its a tie for first place right now.

It's probably the only gold either of them will walk away from the games with.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but she's got that visa check card thing covered.

+1. She, like a lot of these US Olympic types (Miller, Hedrick, etc al), is a complete, egotistical dumbass. Her interview afterwards was like, "Well, duh, gee..."

No shit.  She was like "But I'm still on the podium" or something like that.  I was like "Yeah, but in SECOND FUCKING PLACE!"  They even had a camera on her dad, who acted like this probably wasn't the first time he'd seen this same behavior, with this same type of result.  All I can say is that sometimes they grow out of it, sometimes they don't.

Oh, and to answer rcoers question (since no one else will)...... I watched the whole race (one of the few I've bothered to catch this Snooze-lympics).  She *said* she was trying to adjust.  I don't believe her.  I'm not 100% certain she was going for a method [air] like the announcer suggested (I only saw it the once, live), but she definitely tweaked the board (for effect/showboating?).

Bottom line: The girl in second (Swiss, IIRC) was so far behind she had *next to* no chance of winning.  But she still skated to win, had some "luck" (defined as: "Where preparedness meets opportunity"), and she *did* win.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:39:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yes, definitely.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone seen Bode's new Nike comercial? Bascially he says he doesn't care what anyone else thinks, he's proud of himself!

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#34]
What a Tool.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Has anyone seen Bode's new Nike comercial? Bascially he says he doesn't care what anyone else thinks, he's proud of himself!

If he and Doofus Jacobellis and Tiara Girl and Tiger Ears Girl are the best we have to offer as outstanding young American men and women for the Olympics, then all I can say is: no wonder everybody hates us. We don't even respect ourselves enough to dare to compel such people into sportsman-like behavior. Were I in charge, any bad behavior while on the team would result in immediate bouncing back to America.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I had a feeling it was gonna go to shit when I saw that chick talking on her frikken cell phone during the opening ceremonies. We seem to have validated the rest of the worlds opinion of us being arrogant and self-centered.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I had a feeling it was gonna go to shit when I saw that chick talking on her frikken cell phone during the opening ceremonies. We seem to have validated the rest of the worlds opinion of us being arrogant and self-centered.  

I hate cell phones.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm going to have to catch an Olympic TV Special in a few years to understand what you guys are talking about.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he and Doofus Jacobellis and Tiara Girl and Tiger Ears Girl are the best we have to offer as outstanding young American men and women for the Olympics, then all I can say is: no wonder everybody hates us. We don't even respect ourselves enough to dare to compel such people into sportsman-like behavior. Were I in charge, any bad behavior while on the team would result in immediate bouncing back to America.

Yep. I have been less than impressed with this current crop of Olympic showboats. I was just floored when I saw that twit skiing with the tiara on. Somebody needs to take a ski pole and beat the Princess Complex out of her. I think one of the few athletes I haven't seen act like an ass in Hedrick, but I'm sure he had his moments somewhere in there.

So far the only one that has really impressed me is Lindsay Kildow. Sure she didn't place so well, but even though she was injured she said fuck it and got up there and tried.

Who do we have representing our nation?

"My aura was black" boy
Bode "Boozer" Miller
Showboat Jacobelli
Tiger Ears/Tiara Girl
Shani "I Came to Skate for Myself" Speedskater

I know I'm leaving some out too....

What a bunch of fucks. We've come a long way since the Cold War days, when winning events in the Olympics was a political statement and that was were we fought the Evil Empire.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

agreed.

Fooking asshat was an embarrassment to this country. Never pulled so hard for a broken bone in my life.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#41]
"I just did it my way. I'm not a martyr, and I'm not a do-gooder. I just want to go out and rock. And man, I rocked here," Miller said in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press soon after he skidded off the slalom course in his fifth and final race, completing an 0-for-the-Olympics.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yeah - because the people who really don't care what others think about them, are the ones who choose to become internationally famous celebrity spokespeople for giant companies.

The guy is a tool, and Nike are morons.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah - because the people who really don't care what others think about them, are the ones who choose to become internationally famous celebrity spokespeople for giant companies.

The guy is a tool, and Nike are morons.  

I saw that commercial today.

Someone needs to tell Miller that his attitude is precisely why we keep score - to determine the no shit winner and to weed out the braggarts and bullshitters that can't back up their mouths.

After Jacobelli screwed up, she denied hot dogging in the early interviews until the taped reviews cleared that up - her coach should have told her to just shut up and grow up.  Oh, and take a lap or 10.  She got what she deserved - beat by a superior competitor that stuck to business.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

<snip>.

Yep. I have been less than impressed with this current crop of Olympic showboats. I was just floored when I saw that twit skiing with the tiara on. Somebody needs to take a ski pole and beat the Princess Complex out of her.

<snip>

Tonya Harding vs. Nancy Kerrigan: Redux.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Yes, she had a big lead and grabbed her board on the last jump. Fell on her ass when she came down.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I saw the girl on the cellphone.
I saw the showboat throw away a gold in a made-up sport and then lie about it on international television.
I saw Bode flop.
I saw the speedskaters feud.

I missed the tiara skiier and the tiger ears skiier.  Anyone want to fill me in?  Also, who was the "my aura was black" person?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I saw the girl on the cellphone.
I saw the showboat throw away a gold in a made-up sport and then lie about it on international television.
I saw Bode flop.
I saw the speedskaters feud.

I missed the tiara skiier and the tiger ears skiier.  Anyone want to fill me in?  Also, who was the "my aura was black" person?

I'm assuming he was referring to the snowboarder (?) who gave an interview that looked like he had *just* taken hard drugs...........

Oh, wait -- do you guys need me to be more specific?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:32:13 AM EDT
[#48]
A lot of the problems here are the fault of the coaches as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#49]
this u.s. olympic team was the worst ever. no national pride, no integrity, no team spirit, no drive to succeed. kind of a microcosm of america today...

i heard on the local news station that these guys are saying it didn't matter to them if they medalled or not. "it isn't about competition, we're just happy to be here"...

the hockey team was a fucking joke.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. I have been less than impressed with this current crop of Olympic showboats. I was just floored when I saw that twit skiing with the tiara on. Somebody needs to take a ski pole and beat the Princess Complex out of her. I think one of the few athletes I haven't seen act like an ass in Hedrick, but I'm sure he had his moments somewhere in there.

So far the only one that has really impressed me is Lindsay Kildow. Sure she didn't place so well, but even though she was injured she said fuck it and got up there and tried.

Who do we have representing our nation?

"My aura was black" boy
Bode "Boozer" Miller
Showboat Jacobelli
Tiger Ears/Tiara Girl
Shani "I Came to Skate for Myself" Speedskater

I know I'm leaving some out too....

What a bunch of fucks. We've come a long way since the Cold War days, when winning events in the Olympics was a political statement and that was were we fought the Evil Empire.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I actually met the guy a few years back when he was skating with team Verducci.  Interesting fellow.  He didn't come across as arrogant in any way back then, and I didn't see any of it in these olympics either.  I think he was one of the few that actually wanted to go there and do well for his country and his sport.  He was definitely upset that a certain person was more concerned about his own success than helping his team win.  On another note, I've never seen anybody sprint like that in a 10K race.  Those of you who saw it will know what I'm talking about.  MJD
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top