Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:09:41 PM EDT
Walmart employees have the best questions.

Saturday, I asked for 4 boxes of Winchester value pack 9mm, and remembering a thread about Winchester defensive ammo, I saw some and thought, I'll try a box of 50 just for fun.

Normally it's an old guy, or a foreign guy, who never asks.   This weekend it was a general manager- a heavyset woman in her early 30's, with a huge pile of blonde hair  bound up in a hair band and pouring over it like an erupting volcano.

Her tone was not a sneering tone at least.  More like the tone you might take if you worked at a store and someone came to the register with 25,000 pencils.  

I was courteous, but bothered inwardly that both her, and another employee working on the key making machine, felt 5 boxes of ammo was a crazy amount to be buying.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
"shoot them"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've been there.

Best advice, don't tell them the truth.

I bought a case of shotgun shells and got asked the same question.

I told the truth.

I told her I was going to work.

I guess she thought that no one could work at a trap range cause she turned white and called her manager.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
"I have had enough of those punks at the office and I am not going to take it any more"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
When people ask assanine questions like that, I take the time to educate them - a lot of time.  Do you have any idea how uninterested they are in what you're going to do with the bullets?  If you make them sit there and listen to you for five minutes while you tell them about what you plan to do at the range that weekend, they will 1) get interested and you might enlighten them or 2) they will shut up and leave you (and later customers) alone.  

Honesty is generally the best policy.
Matt
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Saturday, I asked for 4 boxes of Winchester value pack 9mm, and remembering a thread about Winchester defensive ammo, I saw some and thought, I'll try a box of 50 just for fun.

Normally it's an old guy, or a foreign guy, who never asks.   This weekend it was a general manager- a heavyset woman in her early 30's, with a huge pile of blonde hair  bound up in a hair band and pouring over it like an erupting volcano.

Her tone was not a sneering tone at least.  More like the tone you might take if you worked at a store and someone came to the register with 25,000 pencils.  

I was courteous, but bothered inwardly that both her, and another employee working on the key making machine, felt 5 boxes of ammo was a crazy amount to be buying.

"What? I'm sorry, I don't think I heard your question correctly".

"Oh, Ok. I did hear your question."

"I'll need another box please"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah, I've been there.

I told the truth.

I guess she thought that no one could work at a trap range cause she turned white and called her manager.

With an answer like that, you deserve having her manager called.  She would have been a moron NOT to call.
Matt
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
This kind of nonsense annoys me to no end. Do they ask some fat ass slob who buys 4 bags of Doritos what they need that many chips for?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I try to educate people, if they ask the question honestly.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Once after buying 200 rounds of white box in .45 ACP the check out girl said to me,
" Wow. Thats alot of bullets. Are you going Duck hunting?"

echo6
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite was at Academy:

Checkout chick:  "You goin' hunting with all of that?"
Me: "Something like that"

There was total silence for the remainder of the transaction.  It was only about 400 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This kind of nonsense annoys me to no end. Do they ask some fat ass slob who buys 4 bags of Doritos what they need that many chips for?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#12]
The only thing I've ever had from them was something along the lines of "You guys are gonna have some fun?"

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
"I have had enough of those punks at the POST office and I am not going to take it any more"

Fixed it for you.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#14]
"I will use them to hunt or trade for food during the end-times."
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Once after buying 200 rounds of white box in .45 ACP the check out girl said to me,

echo6

Quack Quack
Quack Quack Quack
Quack Quack

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

echo6

I don't know about you, but I can nail a duck at 100 yards (mid flight, mind you) with a 1911
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, I've been there.

I told the truth.

With an answer like that, you deserve having her manager called.  She would have been a moron NOT to call.
Matt

You really need to realize the entire world IS NOT the .mil.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#18]
"I have an ant problem in my basement."
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Saturday at Academy I watched a father and 2 sons walking around with 4 cases of Monarch 7.62.  I wonder what the counter people asked them.

I'm regretting not buying the case of Q3131A aswell.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

WM Employee (teenage black kid): "Yo man, whatchu need?"

Me: (with a grin) "Forties and nines bro, forties and nines. Two hundred of each."

WM Employee: (grinning back) "Dats tight man."

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I explained once that I shoot in excess of several thousand rounds per year in competition.

Mollifies them pretty well.

(Once I told a grandmotherly type I was trying out for the olympic team just to shut her up.)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Every time I go in Wal-Mart. Witch isnt very often. I buy all the white box Winchester .223 ammo they have. The guy at the sporting goods counter never asks any questions.

Sometimes he remembers me and starts getting it out when I walk up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought 1500 rounds of winchester whitebox 9mm and a flat of 12ga at the WM here in town.  Got the same question.

I just said "i'm stocking up."

The shopping cart was damn near bent carrying all the ammo
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"shoot them"

exactly what I say, though I usually preface it with, "thought I might"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me: (with a grin) "Forties and nines bro, forties and nines. Two hundred of each."

What it is, man, what it is.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought 500 rounds of 9mm this week and the kid behind the counter just said "damn" with a big smile on his face.  I said "yeah, i've got a 9mm ar15 that is very hungry" and he said "sweet!"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I love reading Wal-Mart rants on here....

Only cause I dont have issues with them.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Probably originally from Ruh-veah or some similar urban dump in MA. I would have asked her, "Well, how many do you think I should be buying? Oh, and by the way, I'd like to speak to the store manager, please."

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#29]
DUH, The zombies are coming.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What it is, man, what it is.

Werd!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, I've been there.

I told the truth.

Matt

STFU you
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
My favorite was at Academy:

Checkout chick:  "You goin' hunting with all of that?"
Me: "Something like that"

There was total silence for the remainder of the transaction.  It was only about 400 rounds.

Bwahahaha  I love it.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Me thinks you are missing an oportunity for bringing them to the dark side.

Say something to the effect that you are teaching a few ladies to properly and safely defend themselves.  

Then ask :Don't you think women should be able to defend themselve and not be forced to rely on some unreliable guy somewhere?"

Works for me.

Some will even ask to go along.

But then that's just me.  I like to get more people voting with me than a'gin me.

That is all, carry on.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Hammer Time!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Ask her if she'd ask a woman buying the bulk pack of tampons "what do you need all those tampons for?"  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#36]
The only question I've been asked when buying ammo at Wally World is...are you sure that's enough?

I love Wyoming!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#37]
They're usually very accomodating. The one time I walked out with a shopping cart filled to the brim with 9mm, 12ga and assorted other calibers the sporting goods guy said to call in and preorder by the case ahead of time, to make sure they had my stuff in stock.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll go into the local funshop about once a week to buy a box of Winchester 00 Buckshot. The goofy kid behind the counter asks me every time, "Hunting coyotes?" and every time, I tell him, "Nah, this is for bad guys." And every time, he acts shocked, and says, "Dude, you're kinda scary." Then I pay for the shells and leave.

The old guy that I like that works there knows I'm kidding. 'Cept for the one time my girlfriend wanted ammo for her 9mm "The kind for killing people." And I said, real quick, "Bad guys, honey. Bad guys."

She's  doll.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You know, if you have an ant problem, all you have to do is open two windows/doors far away from each other that are in view of each other, go outside and fire a .50 rifle through the house.  It'll suck all the ants out of the walls and out the window.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#40]
When asked what you were going to do with that many bullets, you should have told her you plan on using them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't know about you, but I can nail a duck at 100 yards (mid flight, mind you) with a 1911

Wow, rcoers, you have an amazing throwing arm.  

How do you do when you shoot it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Me thinks you are missing an oportunity for bringing them to the dark side.

Say something to the effect that you are teaching a few ladies to properly and safely defend themselves.  

Then ask :Don't you think women should be able to defend themselve and not be forced to rely on some unreliable guy somewhere?"

Works for me.

Some will even ask to go along.

But then that's just me.  I like to get more people voting with me than a'gin me.

That is all, carry on.

Don't bother. Most women in the NE would sooner die than defend themselves using deadly force. They'd sooner be victims. Why? It's how they are raised.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Wow, rcoers, you have an amazing throwing arm.  

How do you do when you shoot it?

That's funny!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Just tell them you're gpoing to write the name of each person that pisses you off on a bullet, and you have a few bullets that aren't spoken for yet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#45]
I once cleaned wallmentle out of 100 round WWB in 9mm, 28 boxes and they had security follow me out
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Five boxed of ammo? That's like enough for a one hour practice session.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I buy Buckshot and WWB .223 at midnight or 1 am at my local Wally world supercenter.  

Pretty funny IMHO, as I get some odd looks buying all that ammo at that time, but the clerks are pretty cool about it.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#48]
"Depends.   Where is the closest school?"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I once cleaned wallmentle out of 100 round WWB in 9mm, 28 boxes and they had security follow me out

Were they afraid you were going to throw that ammo at someone in the store?  A box of ammo is kinda heavy...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I'm gonna use that, hope you don't mind.......
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top