Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/12/2006 3:32:42 PM EDT
I am sick and tired of watching the evening news and seeing Godless, third-world, tribal, savages burning the American Flag. Our media all but endorses it. Neither the reporters or the news anchor makes any comments about how distasteful this is to most American citizens. It’s time to do something about it. Here is my idea.

Have an American Pride Rally.

Pick any country that deserves our wrath. It could be one whose citizens cross our borders illegally by the thousands and cause severe strain on our school systems, medical care systems, and law enforcement establishments. Not to mention cause our insurance premiums to skyrocket because they have a habit of driving illegally without insurance or a license.

Or it could be a country who we bailed out of some horrible situation such as being oppressed by a savage and ruthless dictator, or gave millions of US dollars in aid to, or gave thousands of soldier’s lives to, and who now refuse to help us or who are in general ungrateful for our past help.

Give a speech detailing our grievances with the country of focus. Be very honest. Pull no punches. Give facts supporting the grievance.

Burn their flag. Let it drop to the ground as it is burning and allow any body who wants to stomp on the burning flag.

Give a pro-American speech. Talk about all the good things America does for other countries. Talk about how much tax money our citizens give to aid other countries. Talk about what a great place to live America is. Talk about how proud we all are to be Americans.

Eat BBQ and drink beer. Serve hot dogs and potato salad. Have a big fish fry.

It would be a good idea to have this on private property so that anti-American protesters could be excluded. It would be bad for publicity if someone got hurt. There would be no need to have a parade permit or what ever government permit would be required to do this on public property. That way no politician would need to grow a set of balls to issue said politically incorrect permit.

Invite the media. The public needs to see that there are still people that love this country.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Why lower yourself to their level?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Invite the media. The public needs to see that there are still people that love this country.

The media wouldn't cover it.  It's not edgy enough to attract advertisers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like something that will be classified as a hate-crime or hate-speech
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

why speak in cliches?

Do it with a UN flag!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The media wouldn't cover it.  It's not edgy enough to attract advertisers.

That is how the web has changed the world, he can post his own vids, pics and story worldwide(except for china, of course)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Exactly.  I'm too busy not living in squalor and filth to bother protesting those that are and their country.

G
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why speak in cliches?

Do it with a UN flag!

Where in Texas would be a good place to have a un flag burning? And, when?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Just cause monkeys throw shit doesn't mean I should too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

How abut freedom of speech?

I did not advocate spreading hate against any racial or ethnic group. Only expressing grievances and stating factual and truthful positions.

The forign flag burning would only be symbolic of our distaste for our flag being burned.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#10]
At this point, the liberals have proven that they CANNOT or will not engage in rational debate

Wouldn't actions like this serve to demonstrate the difference in "tolerance" from group to group?

Some groups will react violently to free speech, some will react with lawsuits, some will respect the free speech of others
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Monkeys can throw shit all day long if that makes them happy.

When a monkey throws shit on my flag the monkey needs to know that I reject it's behavior.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not advocate spreading hate against any racial or ethnic group. Only expressing grievances and stating factual and truthful positions.

The forign flag burning would only be symbolic of our distaste for our flag being burned.

It was about ten years ago I heard for the first time the phrase\sentiment
"Thats carrying free speech too far" I knew then that the US was "changing"

I didn't say it WAS hate-speech\crime, just that it would be called those names
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When a monkey throws shit on my flag the monkey needs to know that I reject it's behavior.  have its dick slapped

Fixed.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I, personally, have better things to do than stomp on a flag.  The difference is that people in third-world shitholes refuse to do those better things - like work.  I have always wondered where those thousands of people come from who demonstrate on a seemingly daily basis.  Don't they have jobs?  No, of course they don't.  If they did, their country wouldn't be a third-world shithole.

Any nation that is still a third-world shithole at this stage in the world's development is one by choice.  

I don't much care what some lazy fuck half-way accross the world does to a rag that resembles my flag.  We have real enemies enough.  
Matt
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Tired of watching Godless, third-world, tribal, savages burning the American flag?  

GM
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Why not just kill two birds with one stone, and burn the UN flag?
Hell...when is UN day?
I'd be down for a burning of the UN flag!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#17]
can i come?

IM me with the location.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hell...when is UN day?

Mainly because "The UN" never burned my flag.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell...when is UN day?

O RLY?
The UN is made of those 3rd world heathens you talk about.
INstead of burning our flag, they undermine our soverignty.
Now ask yourself - which one is more dangerous to our country?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell...when is UN day?

O RLY?

Not all members of the UN are third world heathens who burn our flag. And I state again, "The UN" has not burned my flag. I see mobs of howling savages burning the American flag but have never seen a bunch of people in suits at an official UN meeting burn our flag. If you are mad at the UN start your own thread about it. Right now I want to talk about Godless, third-world, tribal, savages burning the American flag, and appropriate responses to that act.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell...when is UN day?

O RLY?

Not all members of the UN are third world heathens who burn our flag. And I state again, "The UN" has not burned my flag. I see mobs of howling savages burning the American flag but have never seen a bunch of people in suits at an official UN meeting burn our flag. If you are mad at the UN start your own thread about it. Right now I want to talk about Godless, third-world, tribal, savages burning the American flag, and appropriate responses to that act.

Okay, maybe you could list a couple of countries on your "approved" list, and we can go from there
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why speak in cliches?

Do it with a UN flag!

You wanna burn a flag, knock yourself out.  Then I can laugh at you as much as I do to all the savages dancing in the streets in third-world shitholes, who thinks that they are making ANY point other than advertising their ignorance and savagery.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell...when is UN day?

O RLY?

Okay, maybe you could list a couple of countries on your "approved" list, and we can go from there

Vatican City
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell...when is UN day?

O RLY?

Vatican City

This won't end well
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#25]
So you're going to protest someone's behavior by... doing the exact same thing?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hate crimes trump freedom of speech. Anything against the liberal norm is a hate crime. Get back in the herd with the rest of the sheeple.

wganz

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

YES!!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Tired of watching Godless, third-world, tribal, savages burning the American flag?

"Godless"? So you're posting derogatory comments based on people's religious beliefs? That's clearly a violation of the CoC.

"third world"? And you're also posting derogatory comments against people based on their national origin now too.

"tribal"? That's clearly a racial insult by denigrating people who belong to any of the Native American Indian Tribes.

"savages"? Oh that does it - you are not allowed to salute Hitler here and call people "gorillas" like you just did.  

IBTRPL

(In Before The Ridiculously-Petty Lock)

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

No, they aren't. That would be like saying "All blacks are thieves" or "All hispanics are illegal aliens". What the UN does is gives tree and hut dwellers from outer mongolia the same say in world affairs that highly advanced first-world industrialized nations have. The UN also doesn't denounce such behavior.

So by this logic, you can put a dress on a pig, and it will be the prom queen? Drug Dealers, Pimps and other Criminals are snappy dressers too, bud. The way someone dresses does little to hint at their attitudes and behaviors.

As noted above, the UN is largely made up of "Godless, Third-World, Tribal Savages". In reality THEY are the reason the UN was created in the first place. What major industrialized country, in their right mind, would agree to such an arangement?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#30]
So at the first American Pride Rally the UN gets roasted and the UN flag gets burned. So then what the hell do you do at the next American Pride Rally? Forget the UN for now. Let's pick on one country at a time and take them all in turn.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, the un flag is first

How about france for the second one, most europeans would probably join in
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#32]
How about just rolling into other countries un-announced, dropping their flag and raising ours. Wouldn't that be the ultimate display of American Pride?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

... the UN is largely made up of "Godless, Third-World, Tribal Savages". In reality THEY are the reason the UN was created in the first place. What major industrialized country, in their right mind, would agree to such an arangement?

You might want to read a history book.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#34]
How about we burn the UN building?

Might as well accomplish something good in the world, instead of just making a futile gesture.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When a monkey throws shit on my flag the monkey needs to know that I reject it's behavior.

and if said monkey rejects your rejection, in favor of a bananna?  What say you then?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... the UN is largely made up of "Godless, Third-World, Tribal Savages". In reality THEY are the reason the UN was created in the first place. What major industrialized country, in their right mind, would agree to such an arangement?

You might want to read a history book.  

I agree, I was a bit "off" in my thinking. They weren't the reason.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Good question DK. But maybe it's time to lower our standards. The other countries that shit on the USA would be shocked to see American people do this. Because we never do such things we are viewed as being week. At some point we as Americans need to make some points to our "neighbors" that get their attention. If we started mocking them by repeating their actions it might open their eyes to the fact that we are fed-up with their antics and if it fans the flames so-what. Personally I'm tired of the political correctness we constantly practice...........

No more Mr. Nice guy........

Fight fire with fire; were not going to win this war by being nice and politically correct.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Can I jump up and down, wear a black balaclava, and fire my AR15 into the air like a mindless idiot???
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Can I jump up and down, wear a black balaclava, and fire my AR15 into the air like a mindless idiot???

Maybe.  I'll have to think about it. It might make a good show for the media.

Edited to add: Have you taken hunting lessons?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Why not? Everybody needs a hobby!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#41]
If they want to burn a US flag, that's their perogative.  It doesnt really have any affect on me...

For people that have actually spent a little time around some of these "savages" and whatnot, I know that not all of them are like this and that only a select, few extremists are the ones doing it.  I dont hold any ill will towards the rest of the population unless they give me a reason.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hate crimes trump freedom of speech. Anything against the liberal norm is a hate crime. Get back in the herd with the rest of the sheeple.

wganz

Well said.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#43]
This is dumb.

Make sure you're really lit before you do it.  Bring firearams to shoot into the air in celebration/protest/whatever.

Just don't light yourself on fire.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Only if you're drunk.

Especially if you're drunk
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

+1

The rally sounds great (though I remember what the media thinks of the Michigan Militia and similar groups) but burning 'their' flag is about as retardedly reactionary as muslims reacting to cartoons saying "muslims are violent" by acting violent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#46]
It would be covered by the media,and i think it is a damn good idea. I think it should be done,the only problem is what flag should we burn? IM me
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
It would be covered by the media,and i think it is a damn good idea. I think it should be done,the only problem is what flag should we burn? IM me

It would be covered by the Daily Show.

Just to get it out in the open for you guys, if the Daily Show contacts you, from Comedy Central, about doing a piece on your rally, they will make fun of you and make you look like morons.  Well, like bigger morons anyway.

And no, it is not worth it to get your message out.

Just thought I'd make sure you all understood this before you start burning flags and alerting the media.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be covered by the Daily Show.

Just to get it out in the open for you guys, if the Daily Show contacts you, from Comedy Central, about doing a piece on your rally, they will make fun of you and make you look like morons.  Well, like bigger morons anyway.

And no, it is not worth it to get your message out.

Just thought I'd make sure you all understood this before you start burning flags and alerting the media.

What ever happened to the good ol fuck you and lets fight attitude of America?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#49]
I think Roland has a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#50]
<quote>

Only if you're drunk.

Especially if you're drunk

<\quote>

Tully: Why don't you stop drinking? Anybody can be a drunk.
Henry: Anybody can be a non-drunk. It takes a special talent to be a drunk. It takes endurance. Endurance is more important than truth.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top