Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 3:24:32 PM EDT
Hey guys-anyone know if the Steyr Aug A3 is really coming? Tell me what you've heard. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
SIG,<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<SIG<.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
maybe if Sig wasn't putting out that terrible M4/Sig/Tapco mutation I would be more interested.....give me an accurate 551/552 and I'll bite. Until then the Aug A3 looks to be a much cooler choice, IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I just don't understand why SkyNet Arms can't come out with their traditional Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Why did they put that integrated FLIR on there when the standard tri-inversion sight worked so well.

Until they listen to the consumer, I will buy my energy weapons else ware.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody said that if it is, it'll be two to three years. Also, they fear the FN FS2000 apparently.

Me? I just want a new rifle when I get my paycheck. mmmmmm.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I can't speak for other people but the new SIG doesn't do anything for me. At All. It looks like an AR and an AK got drunk and fucked. The FS2000? Looks big and bulky, not really interested.. I'm sure both are fine, but I want a light and handy weapon-the AUG fits tha bill better than the FS2000 and 556.

Still, I think it was a mistake for these companies to enter a flooded market with high dollar entries. .308 would have been a better choice-everyone who is in the market for a SIG or FN already has a capable .223 AR15 of some flavor or another...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I played with one today at the SHOT show, and they did say it was coming out.  I didn't like it though, and I am a fan of the original AUG.  The new one is HEAVY.  Really heavy... it felt like they'd replaced all the light plastic parts with steel.  And the new rail on it looks goofy, not to mention they seem to have changed some things, like where the barrel removal button was located.

If they make one like the original, I'll buy it... if they only release the pig they had on display, they can keep it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I played with one today at the SHOT show, and they did say it was coming out.  I didn't like it though, and I am a fan of the original AUG.  The new one is HEAVY.  Really heavy... it felt like they'd replaced all the light plastic parts with steel.  And the new rail on it looks goofy, not to mention they seem to have changed some things, like where the barrel removal button was located.

If they make one like the original, I'll buy it... if they only release the pig they had on display, they can keep it.

They need to get their story straight. Some reps say they're not planning on a civilian one, while other reps say they are planning to release one
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But not in the USA.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm getting more confused by the minute... is the AUG a YES or NO on civilian sales within the next few years?

- BG
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the word from the SHOT show seems to be "NO", but conflicting reports seem to be floating around. I really don't know......
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I talked to the head guy at the steyer booth at shot and he said "they are strongly concedering it but there is nothing in the works right now"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top