Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 6:53:35 AM EDT
              Didn't know where to post this so i'll do it here. I'm trying to build a backstop for a pistol range. I'll be mainly shooting .22 & .45acp can someone please post a link to some good range and backstop designs. Thank you much.                                                                                      
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#1]
a really big pile of dirt seems to be effective
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Indoor or outdoor range....? Outdoors, I'd go with a burm of sorts. Three walls of timbers to contain the dirt, and a sloped awning (1/4 steel) to catch any "high flyers". All kinds of stuff you can do with just dirt. Indoors can get a bit more interesting, and expensive. Check these out.... I've built all of these style traps, so if you need some pointers, just lemme know.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
bigbore has one that he is shooting into in this thread in the handgun forum...

glock test

and here is the video...

video
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Big pile of dirt was my first guess but wanted to get some other ideas first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top