Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 4:15:07 AM EDT

Link to Texas Gun Laws

(9)  "Machine gun" means any firearm that is capable of
shooting more than two shots automatically, without manual
reloading, by a single function of the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
It may be OK with the state boys, but I'm sure the ATFE would have something to say about it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I read that the other night, don't know if you could actually pull it off or not.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:17:23 AM EDT
[#3]
If you read GA law it's good up to 6 shot burst. But yeah the ATFE will have issues with it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:18:27 AM EDT
[#4]
In Georgia, 3 shot is legal.

The Feds do not agree, however.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Forgot about the whole FED 1 shot per squeeze thing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#6]
TX laws mention NFA stuff too....46.05.c
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:26:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link to Texas Gun Laws

where does it say they are legal?  this is merely the "definition" section of the law...(though it still may be legal)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:13:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link to Texas Gun Laws

where does it say they are legal?  this is merely the "definition" section of the law...(though it still may be legal)

It dosn't come out and say they are leagle or illegal, it says IIRC see 1934 NFA or something like that.

From 46.05

(c)  It is a defense to prosecution under this section that
the actor's possession was pursuant to registration pursuant to the
National Firearms Act, as amended.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:23:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link to Texas Gun Laws

We're gonna have to connect some dots here. Texas law also says unregistered machine guns are "prohibited". So if unregistered machine guns are prohibited, and Texas defines a machine gun as "any firearm that is capable of shooting more than two shots automatically, without manual
reloading, by a single function of the trigger",
then one can conclude that according to Texas law, a firearm firing two shot bursts would be legal. However, I think we all know that federal law supersedes this law, and that's why you can't legally own a unregistered 2 shot burst weapon in Texas.

From TEXAS WEAPONS LAWS
Link

46.05 Prohibited Weapons
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses,
manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(1) an explosive weapon;
(2) a machine gun;
(3) a short-barrel firearm;

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#10]
IIRC in Arkansas it's not considered a "machine gun" (under state law) if it's under .30 cal.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Knock knock!

Who's there?

BATF!

BATF who?

BATF is hauling your arse off to jail!

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Good to know that if I ever decide to make an illegal machine gun in Texas I'll make it fire 2rnd bursts so that atleast I wont get slapped with state charges in addition to the federal ones.

However this might help with something else.

I remember an old thread about someone asking if firing a round when you pulled the trigger and firing one when you released the trigger would count as a machine gun and someone else said that according to the  ATF that no it would not. Well atleast I guess you could do that in Texas and even if you got a local that tried to prosecture you for having an illegal machine gun it would not be illegal in Texas anyways.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#14]
2 shot bursts?

Washington law gives us 299rds per minute ROF.

RCW 9.41.010
Terms defined.

(7) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

The BATFE would have something else to say about that though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top