Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 9:35:38 PM EDT
I've been thinking about this for awhile, what exactly would it take to become a manufacturer?, I would primarily just make correct AK receivers, I was also considering getting a tittle 2, so which licenses would I need?, and would the manufacturers licences also allow me to sell, or does that require a separate FFL?....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been thinking about this for awhile, what exactly would it take to become a munufacturor?, I would primarily just make correct AK recievers, I was also considering getting a tital 2, so which licenses would I need?, and would the manufacturors licences also allow me to sell, or does that requir a seperate FFL?....

stop doing so much "thinking" and call the BATFE.   or look up their web page, it does explain it fairly simply.   Also think about local zoning, etc

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they require the paperwork to be filled out in English.. you might want to work on that.

Oh, and call the BATFE for more information.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think they require the paperwork to be filled out in English.. you might want to work on that.

Oh, and call the BATFE for more information.

despite

munufacturor,  tital

it might work out ok.    After all, he might be eastern european or russian, and actually know something about the manufacturing of AK's.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Give me a brake it's 1:42 in the morning, and I'm tired....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Before becoming a manufacturer, you must be able to spell "becoming" and "manufacturer" correctly...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Car brake? Muzzle brake? Air brake? What kind do you want?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just giving you a hard time.

Any plans for, say, US-made chrome-lined AK barrels? That would be sweet, and I see a demand in the area rising very quickly....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]
+ 50 gajillion.

i am so embarrassed at times to think that those who pack heat can't #$%Q#$!!!! spell their name.  

had a client recently, must be a relative of someone on this website.  his name:

Aswad J********.

what genius came up with that.  i hate to down a guy's parental units, but for cryin' out loud folks...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#9]
OK I'm awake now.... Maybe the spelling Nazis have gone to sleep, and someone would like to try to answer the original question....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Apply for business license in your state/county/city. Verify zoning regs.

Consider a Limited Liability Company (LLC). $135 in my state.

File Articles of Incorporation with state, if needed to go LLC. Free in my state.

Apply for a type 07 FFL from the BATFE (6-10 month wait for approval). $150 for 3 years.

Get federal Employer Identification number (EID)

Get state EID

Register your company with the State Department. $1750 ITAR fee.

Make business plan if you need to borrow money.

Buy equipment for manufacturing if needed.

And hope all this happens before you forget what you wanted to do in the first place. Going through this proccess myself right now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]
what kind of biz tango?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I am working with Justin at CNC Gunsmithing to bring the AR45 lower receiver to market. It is a dedicated lower made from billet that uses grease gun mags designed to be used with Oly Arms .45 upper.

I've got some other projects in the works that are still in the design phase also.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Apply for business license in your state/county/city. Verify zoning regs.

Consider a Limited Liability Company (LLC). $135 in my state.

File Articles of Incorporation with state, if needed to go LLC. Free in my state.

Apply for a type 07 FFL from the BATFE (6-10 month wait for approval). $150 for 3 years.

Get federal Employer Identification number (EID)

Get state EID

Register your company with the State Department. $1750 ITAR fee.

Make business plan if you need to borrow money.

Buy equipment for manufacturing if needed.

And hope all this happens before you forget what you wanted to do in the first place. Going through this proccess myself right now.

Is incorporateing necessary?, and whats the difference between a corporation, and an LLC?....

Whats an EID, and is it neccessary?....

What does ITAR do?, and is it neccessary?....

Do you have to get the bussiness license before or after the FFL?....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've been thinking about this for awhile, what exactly would it take to become a manufacturer?, I would primarily just make correct AK receivers, I was also considering getting a tittle 2, so which licenses would I need?, and would the manufacturers licences also allow me to sell, or does that require a separate FFL?....

If you made your product like the way you spell, sell to the insurgents.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Remind me not to buy anything you amanufacturer, in case you
amanufacturer it at 1:42 in the morning.

DanM
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd be in for one of you AR47's when you get up and running.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top