Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:06:14 PM EDT
There's a guy who often appears on WWII-related segments. He looks to be pretty short and cuts his hair with a #1 or 0 guard. He's billed as a "Historian," but I suspect he's of the "Living" or "Interpretive" type (not that there's anything wrong with that). Anybody know anything about him?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
R Lee Emery, was in Full Metal Jacket.  Was actually a real marine.  I'm sure if you google him you could find more info.  

ETA: http://www.rleeermey.com/
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
You;'ve been here ~4 years and don't know the the gunny is?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
R Lee Emery, was in Full Metal Jacket.  Was actually a real marine.  I'm sure if you google him you could find more info.  

Heh, you need to read his post again.

Tagged, because I know who he's talking about and I'd like to know more.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You;'ve been here ~4 years and don't know the the gunny is?

You guys suck at reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
you mean that museum curator dude?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagged.  I think he's into the reenactments and stuff.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not the fat bald guy. He just has the greatest fucking job in the world!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You suck at spelling.  Not going to lie, haven't watched much TV since school started up again.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No, not bullethead (who is a man after my own heart - a redneck with a doctoral degree).

This guy looks 30 - 40 yoa, and appears to wear a WWII battle jacket of some kind, even when in mufti.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]
The bald one? It be interesting to know more info on him.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not the fat bald guy. He just has the greatest fucking job in the world!

No shit. He probably gets paid $150K/yr to finger-fuck the coolest stuff on planet Earth. "Hmm. What shall I do today? I know! I'll crack open a case of factory-packed NIB Johnson rifles, have an intern clean one of them, and test-fire it. Then after lunch I'll test-fire every 3d one of the 1919s in the display case. Naaah. I'll play with the flame throwers!"
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You suck at spelling.  Not going to lie, haven't watched much TV since school started up again.

"Heh" is an intentional spelling of a word that doesn't exist (unless you count the fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet).
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I think he is wantin to know about the 'milktoast' lookin dude that comes up with the WW2 radios , equipment , backpacks , and shovels - sht, like that -----  B.T.W.   how the fuk do they shoot all those M.G.'s --  i thought they film that il CALI  ?    --  arent those a no no - in the world of the beautiful people ?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, not bullethead (who is a man after my own heart - a redneck with a doctoral degree).

I want that guys job.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want that guys job.

+1

Would kill to have that job.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe his name is Harlen Johnson
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think he is wantin to know about the 'milktoast' lookin dude that comes up with the WW2 radios , equipment , backpacks , and shovels - sht, like that -----  B.T.W.   how the fuk do they shoot all those M.G.'s --  i thought they film that il CALI  ?    --  arent those a no no - in the world of the beautiful people ?

I want to know that too, probably some hollywood favoritism stuff going on there is my guess
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want that guys job.

I think his name is Atwater
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Dr. William F. Atwater. Director of Aberdeen Military Ordnance Museum in MD. He is a decorated Marine vet who served in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I think they are talking about the guy who dresses in WW2 vintage gear and explains the uses.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1

Would kill to have that job.

On that note, I did apply for a similar job at Carlisle Barracks. The advert said they wanted a military historian. The job was to do research, set up displays, and maintain the firearms collection.

They wanted somebody with graduate school experience, and I was only just about to get my BA. I applied anyway, and didn't get it. Man, that would've kicked ass.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#22]
He is also a spokesmen for GLOCK.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#23]
On a sidenote: The Ordnance Museums shitter is really well decorated. I think it was the only truly  "man" bathroom i have ever been in. You have not shit until you have taken one in there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Dr. William F. Atwater. Director of Aberdeen Military Ordnance Museum in MD. He is a decorated Marine vet who served in Vietnam.

That man has the best job on earth!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Heh" is an intentional spelling of a word that doesn't exist (unless you count the fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet).

Ouch, cue the "smacked in the nuts" pic.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Keep up with conversation, please.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/3rdSteet/Belly_Button_Tattoo_1.jpg

Here we go.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#29]
The guy you see in the WW2 segments is named Harlan Glenn. He runs a company that sells WW2 reproductions and hes big in WW2 living history and reenacting. You'll also see Gary James from Guns and Ammo magazine as well as Lee Atwater from the Ordnance museum as well as other noted experts in all eras of military history.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The guy you see in the WW2 segments is named Harlan Glenn. He runs a company that sells WW2 reproductions and hes big in WW2 living history and reenacting. You'll also see Gary James from Guns and Ammo magazine as well as Lee Atwater from the Ordnance museum as well as other noted experts in all eras of military history.

It's Bill Atwater, not Lee.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#31]
When I first watched Full Metal Jacket 30 years after I left the USMC, I heard that voice of Emery's  and recalled very clearly San Diego boot camp where he was drill instructor in the 60's...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top