Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 2:16:51 PM EDT
I was in the grocery store and saw checkout was going to be a long time so I grapped a mag to read. I was actually going to purchase this magazine until I got to the "it happened to me" column, or whatever it's called.

The guy worked at a convience store and was robbed at gunpoint. He had his 45 and shot the bad guy. So far so good. Then it just gets silly, the bad guy seems not to be hit and runs out of the store. The clerk did not want someone else to "have to track someone he had wounded" so he goes after him shooting, I even think the article has him reloading once. The cops come and find the bad guy dead in the bushes. The DA is supportive and other than getting fired from his job all ends happily.

I can't honestly say I wouldn't like for this to be the way it is but in real life I don't think you can run down and shoot a criminal, I don't even think the cops can do that.

Has anyone else seen this article? I expected a comment from the magazine at least on the leagality of self defense but there was none. It was one of the silliest things I have ever read, right up there with the playboy fantacies.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he thought the badguy was just going to regroup and come back with re-enforcements.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not saying I am morally against running after the bad guys and shooting them, but I don't think it holds up in court. So what I'm saying is the whole story is a bunch of BS. Did anybody see it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to many people will agree with me, but once someone pulls a gun on me, one way or another, I'm gonna kill them.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I read that same article last night.  I agree that it does seem a little "far out."  I am not totally sure that it is BS, but I sure would like to see some proof.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]

The law here is you can shoot a fleeing VIOLENT felon. A holdup man is fair game. Part of the deal is does he pose a threat to anyone who will come into contact with him after you have contact with him? As long as he is still armed and concious (sp) he is a threat. That is why most guys throw away their gun before they run. If he is a hold up man and is running with his gun, you can shoot him because he is still a threat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top