Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 1:44:23 PM EDT
I've never had an AD (thank God) and I flatly refuse to have one.

Keep checking those guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning - graphic pictures
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Stupid hurts somtimes....

BTW, that's a NEGLIGENT discharge.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
No such thing as an AD, it was an ND.

ETA now that I've read the thread, not only do I get to call DUPE, but in the last 2 days, 3 threads have been posted about the guys progress with new pics of how his hand looks now.  I'll run find a link and BRB
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
why does everyone shoot themselves in the frigging hand? When I break down pistols, I always keep my hand off of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No such thing as an AD, it was an ND.

Silly Dusty - sure there is.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]

My name is Rich Timm and I am 32 years old and have handled guns for 27 years, 13
professionally.
The wound was a result of complacency. I was in my car and decided to check to see if I
needed to clean it (S&W Sigma 40 S&W) when I got home. I dropped the clip out and tried to take the
slide off. When it wouldn’t, the striker has to be forward, I pulled the trigger, BOOM.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Why the fuck would you pull the trigger with your hand in front of the muzzle?!?
Dumbass!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]

My name is Rich Timm and I am 32 years old and have handled guns for 27 years, 13 professionally.

The wound was a result of complacency.

I was in my car and decided to check to see if I needed to clean it (S&W Sigma 40 S&W)

when I got home. I dropped the clip out and tried to take the slide off.

When it wouldn’t, the striker has to be forward, I pulled the trigger, BOOM.

Sigh...

Let's monkey fuck with a gun while in a car just in case I gotta do something with it when I get home.

I'm the only one qualified in this room not to know the difference in correct terminology.

I don't need to check the chamber.

I can point this muzzle at anything I want while pulling the trigger.
Once again...

Gun's are always loaded!

Don't point the muzzle at anything you don't wish to shoot!

Check chamber at least 3 times to verify it does not hold a round!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I call them AD’s myself - I’ve just never bought into all the supposed wonderful benefits of the term ND.

Still, members here are welcome to use whatever term they wish, so long as they don’t expect me to use their term.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top