Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 12:57:24 PM EDT
Anybody else gonna be at the Motley Crue show in Fort Myers tonight?

I'll be there, on the floor around the 14th row, wearing a tour shirt from my other favorite band! If you see me, say hi. If I see you first, I'll buy you a drink!

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I had tickets when they came to B'ham. I went to New Orleans instead.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Old geezers of rock tour 2006
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I remember when those guys were playing kegger parties in Glendora, CA. Now they're old farts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
The guitarist needs a mortician
The lead singer needs a treadmill
The drummer needs a shot of penecillin

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
i saw them a couple months ago ,they still put on a hell of a show until they dropped the dam cam corder and ended the big screen titty show

aerosmith will be coming to the area next month with cheap trick as opening act should be another good one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, they put on a pretty good show at least. Yeah, I do feel old. I didn't see them in the '90s.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Good for you man. We are all gonna get old sometime so what does that matter? I'm glad they are still around and whether you like them or not ,they've had one hell of a life and did what they wanted to do. I doubt many of us can say the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:27:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey, they put on a pretty good show at least. Yeah, I do feel old. I didn't see them in the '90s.

90's???  Shit, I saw them in the 80's.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:29:22 AM EDT
[#9]
which reminds me, CT-fan...............

I suppose you caught the Aerosmith show at the St Pete times forum? with the 'special guest'?

I did not but my brother did and gave it a 9.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I would but I don't have a mullet, DUDE!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would but I don't have a mullet, DUDE!

So that wasn't you at the Lynard Skynard show?

edit: sorry wrong mullet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#12]
remind the roadies that might have flashbacks to the ragin' '80s - no fireworks allowed in the bar.......

ETA: Still cant believe over a 100 people burned up at that Great White show.  not a funny matter.  I saw that is still going on in court...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, the show was about 1.5 hours late in starting, but it ROCKED!!

They played a pretty good selection for the near three hour show, including Too Fast For Love, Glitter, GGG, Kickstart My Heart, Anarchy In The UK, and more. The show was loud, er... LOUD with some pretty cool (for the size of the arena) flames and fireworks, a TON of smoke (fog machine kind, not um... the other kind).

Nikki was awesome on the bass, as usual, Vince's voice actually sounded pretty good, Mick still has problems with moving around but his hands make some of the most intense music you'll ever hear, and.... Tommy, what can be said about the guy, he can pound the drums like a crazy mutha!

My tickets were row 15 on the floor, but after some friendly fans and I got to talking, I wound up spending most of the concert in the second row, right in front of Mick.

I gotta say, it was worth the money and 100+ mile drive to see the band - the show rocked loud and long!

as an aside... the whole "tittycam" thing has gotten pretty damn lame, they need to move on from it. (just my opinion)

I didn't make it to the Aerosmith/Cheap Trick concert last year, but they are touring again this year, but it doesn't look like they're gonna make it the Tampa area.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:05:57 AM EDT
[#14]
u paid to see those guys?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#15]
um.... yea.

I'd rather see Motley Crue than Kenny G, or John Tesh, or Cher!!!

I'm a rock-n-roll fan, not a easy listening lite jazz fan!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I saw them back in the 80's   (1985, in fact), same year, I saw a bar-band named "Metallica" play for about 120 people in TX. They had about 8 groupies then.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw them back in the 80's   (1985, in fact), same year, I saw a bar-band named "Metallica" play for about 120 people in TX. They had about 8 groupies then.

You lucky bastard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top