Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 9:07:35 AM EDT
The "snitch" thread made it pretty clear most Arfcommers range somewhere between "don't get involved" to "almost never snitch on a gun owner."

So I'm curious now....would you call the cops ever?

The folowing are a bunch of scenarios. Please at least indicate "yes" or "no" if you would make the call. Feel free to give explanations if you wish. (All scenarios assume youa re unarmed, and have no access to a firearm)

1. You are in a parking lot. YOu hear an argument, male v. female. Male screams "I'm getting my gun, %&*$&" and walks over to his car.

2. Same as # 1 above, except male says "I'm going home to get my gun, %&$^."

3. You are on the phone to a female friend. You hear a male in the background yell "Somedays I could just shoot you in the head, %&*$^."

4. Same as # 3 above, except its just yelling and screaming at her, no threats of firearms violence.

4. You in advertently receive a email intended for a male friend of yours (A)  from a male acquaintence of his (B) expressing hostility, and at the  end B says says "Don't forget  %&$, I have guns and I know how to use  them."

5. Female friend of yours forwards to you a transcript an internet chat with  a CCW permittee, who is making unwanted romantic advances, which she has clearly communicated she is uninterested in. He has shows up at her job once, and apartment twice.

6. You are at a male  friends house. He is ranting an raving about another guy he is really pissed at. He grabs his gun, and says "I'm gonna go talk with this guy, and make him see my point of view." Then he heads to his car.

7. Same as # 6 above, except he just heads straight out to his car, without getting his gun. YOu know he is a CCW permittee, and suspect he may have a gun in his car.

8. A guy you've met thru an Arfcom shoot inadvertently copies you on an email to another guy, and makes threats against him, mentioning how he could blow away a woodchuck from 400 yards away. The mention of shooting prowess is clearly meant to coerce.

9. Same as # 8 above, except Arfcom acquaintence just makes seroius threats not with a gun, but with a baseball bat.

Would you make the call?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Good grief, let it go man.  Just let it go.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#2]
why dont you just pray to your god and ask for a fucking sign?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
why dont you just pray to your god and ask for a fucking sign?

Nice.

Answer the questions.

Or don't.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good grief, let it go man.  Just let it go.

Why are you afraid of a little discussion?

I've intentionally crafted the scenarios to be different than the thread yesterday.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
First thread getting locked wasn't enough, huh?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I posted my criteria in the other thread, and all of it applies here - minus the uninterested third party opinion - due to the time constraints in the examples provided.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#7]
No, you have crafted the scenarios to draw attention away from the fact that you are a self-important rat fink idiot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No, you have crafted the scenarios to draw attention away from the fact that you are a self-important rat fink idiot.

Should I assume from that youa ren't gonna address the scenarios?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The "snitch" thread made it pretty clear most Arfcommers range somewhere between "don't get involved" to "almost never snitch on a gun owner."

So I'm curious now....would you call the cops ever?

The folowing are a bunch of scenarios. Please at least indicate "yes" or "no" if you would make the call. Feel free to give explanations if you wish. (All scenarios assume youa re unarmed, and have no access to a firearm)

1. You are in a parking lot. YOu hear an argument, male v. female. Male screams "I'm getting my gun, %&*$&" and walks over to his car.

I ALWAYS have a gun.  And that's a 911 call.

2. Same as # 1 above, except male says "I'm going home to get my gun, %&$^."

Now it's none of my business.  No immediate threat.

3. You are on the phone to a female friend. You hear a male in the background yell "Somedays I could just shoot you in the head, %&*$^."

I have NO friends who would hang around someone who would say something like that.  Since your question requires that I put myself in the frame of mind of trailer trash, I cannot answer either way.

4. Same as # 3 above, except its just yelling and screaming at her, no threats of firearms violence.

Same answer.

4. You in advertently receive a email intended for a male friend of yours (A)  from a male acquaintence of his (B) expressing hostility, and at the  end B says says "Don't forget  %&$, I have guns and I know how to use  them."

Forward to A and stay the fuck out of it.

5. Female friend of yours forwards to you a transcript an internet chat with  a CCW permittee, who is making unwanted romantic advances, which she has clearly communicated she is uninterested in. He has shows up at her job once, and apartment twice.

I'm seeing a pattern here.  To break it, stay the fuck out of other people's business, especially concerning romantic entanglements.

6. You are at a male  friends house. He is ranting an raving about another guy he is really pissed at. He grabs his gun, and says "I'm gonna go talk with this guy, and make him see my point of view." Then he heads to his car.

See Answer #3.

7. Same as # 6 above, except he just heads straight out to his car, without getting his gun. YOu know he is a CCW permittee, and suspect he may have a gun in his car.

See Answer #3.

8. A guy you've met thru an Arfcom shoot inadvertently copies you on an email to another guy, and makes threats against him, mentioning how he could blow away a woodchuck from 400 yards away. The mention of shooting prowess is clearly meant to coerce.

None of my business.  Except that I would immediately sever any contact with Arfcom acquaintance.

9. Same as # 8 above, except Arfcom acquaintence just makes seroius threats not with a gun, but with a baseball bat.

None of my business.  Except that I would immediately sever any contact with Arfcom acquaintance.

Would you make the call?

You're a nosy little peckerwood.  Are you sure you aren't a social worker?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
First thread getting locked wasn't enough, huh?

Per the Mod who locked it, it was locked because in the mods opinion, FBI was making threats of suing me.

Not that you let the facts  get in the way of making a snide remark.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You're a nosy little peckerwood.  Are you sure you aren't a social worker?

Thanx for answering. Yes, in a sense I am a social worker.

In a sense.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#13]
6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top