blackhawk=

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
blackhawk=

Hey works for me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#3]
young grasshopper, you have not experienced the bliss of London Bridge Trading Company holsters.  it is not your fault, you are merely inexperienced.  now, snatch holster from hand.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
young grasshopper, you have not experienced the bliss of London Bridge Trading Company holsters.  it is not your fault, you are merely inexperienced.  now, snatch holster from hand.

Never heard of them.  How much do their holsters run?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
The Safariland 6004 is considered the standard for tac holsters right now. I picked up one for my SA MC Operator and I can see why. It's much better than the BH drop leg I have for my USP-45. It'll take a kydex holster over any type of nylon holster any time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]
www.londonbridgetrading.com

about $75 or so depending on what you want.  I've got the NSW holster, best thigh holster I've ever owned(and I own the blackhawk omega)

edit: these are stiff nylon holsters, and work great.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Safariland 6004 is considered the standard for tac holsters right now. I picked up one for my SA MC Operator and I can see why. It's much better than the BH drop leg I have for my USP-45. It'll take a kydex holster over any type of nylon holster any time.

I don't have much invested in this one.  Close out for $40.  I figure if it doesn't work out or I find another one I will hand it off to a friend.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Tough crowd.  It is hard trying to be uber tactical
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have much invested in this one.  Close out for $40.  I figure if it doesn't work out or I find another one I will hand it off to a friend.

For that price, it's worth trying out. I just wouldn't stake my life on it. Nylon holsters will loosen up over time/become "floppy" which makes reholstering a bit tricky sometimes and it turns makes it easier to find out what a pistol round will do when it hits your leg.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I tried using one at a three day course at Blackwater.  My gun dropped out of the holster twice.

I use Safariland now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Tough crowd....

It comes and goes, like the wind. Try again in a few weeks.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I tried using one at a three day course at Blackwater.  My gun dropped out of the holster twice.

I use Safariland now.

Fuck..........looks like I wasted $40

ETA I'll see how well it performs.  Heading out to do some shooting in the snow.  Going to also do some night time shooting.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use Safariland now.

ETA I'll see how well it performs.  Heading out to do some shooting in the snow.  Going to also do some night time shooting.

Here's a couple of my favorite holster makers bud.....really sucks to find out your hoslter is t3h cr4p.

Threat Solutions

Blade-Tech

FIST

Haugen

Sherrick

Bulman

Del Fatti

Kramer

Milt Sparks

Mernickle

Bell Charter Oak

SideArmor

Hope you find something ya like.

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here's a couple of my favorite holster makers bud.....really sucks to find out your hoslter is t3h cr4p.

While the BH holsters may not be considered among the best, for the price paid and perhaps for the intended use, it may be fine. As long as the OP knows what to watch for (trouble holstering the weapon due to the holster loosening up) he will be fine.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't feel bad, most of us have a large box (or two in my case) of holsters we bought that seemed so neat in the store, but sucked a big one after a week or so of everyday use.  If they're quality holsters and you just don't like them, try selling them to a friend, otherwise just add them into the box and chalk it up to experience.  Of course you could try pimping them on eBay, but used holsters sell for so cheap that it's hardly worth the effort unless you're seriously broke or out of work.  In the future read the reviews on the message boards before you make that killer deal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Ignore them and try it out for yourself.

The only reason a pistol would fall out of his holster three times would be that he was not using the retention devise. He probably thought it was "Slowing Him Down". Thats usually because he did not practice using it enough.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

that is classic

big ups on your new omega
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignore them and try it out for yourself.

Best advice yet. I had an omega for 1911 and never had a problem with it. Get a $10 lanyard if you're freaked out about rentention.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Does Blackhawk still have their holsters made in Vietnam?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't sweat it. Lot's of those are in the sandbox right now.

To each their own.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I used a Blackhawk holster on, well I can't count the number of boardings, and it never fell out. Used it at Blackwater too, didn't have a problem there either.

$40 is a good price. It may end up not being what you want, but at least you didn't spend a butt-ton of cash.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use Safariland now.

Try it out first.  My friend still swears by it.  He was Airborne and currently FBI.  Of course he also like his Fobus M44 handguards.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:01:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Well I tried it out yesterday.  Over all I am pleased.  I spent about 3 hours yesterday playing in the snow driving an ATV gun was secure the whole time. The only thing that I don't like is how it bunches up the pants so it requires a little bit of adjustment every now and then.  So far so good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Bro, run it for awhile and see how it goes. I'm sure you will be satisfied and that it will meet YOUR needs.

I received one as a gift and used it for at least one class. It did fine. While I do prefer the 6004 I wouldn't have issue running the BH again if the need arose.

I live exactly 1 mile from LBT and their stuff is great but seeing how BHI is also a local company (Norfolk) I don't mind spending my money with them either.

Don't worry about what others on the internet think. Use it and find out for yourself, make your own determinations of a product based on actual use
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:46:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I've used both the Blackhawk drop-leg holsters and the Safariland 6004 for work. While the Blackhawk model isn't bad, I think the 6004 series in superior by far for weapons retention and just rugged use in general. Make sure the retention strap on your Blackhawk holster is as tight as you can get it. I had a Beretta fall out of my Blackhawk holster because the retention strap wasn't tight enough. It SEEMED secure but you have to really tighten up on that strap for good retention.  (Note - this occured in 8 foot waves going 50mph in an open gunboat in Cuba where everything on the boat - ammo cans,etc - started flying everywhere)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Congrats. $40.00 is a good price. Now after you use it for a while and you wind up trying a Safariland 6004, you'll wind up with the Safariland, but the Blackhawk isn't bad for general use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top