Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/11/2006 12:20:24 AM EDT
I got a ouiji board that I sent for a couple days ago, my team hasn't had a chance to use it yet. NO, we will NOT be asking wheres the WMD, so give me some other ideas on how to best utilize this device is such an unrestful place...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WTF?

Yea, this oughta be good.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
don't use it, those things are freaky
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Jeezus god.....

You ARE bored.

curious, is there an Arab language version of the board?
     Midwinter
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Use it for target practice, and post pics of course.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#6]
goolord man grow up troll
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#7]
ask it about these numbers: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:53:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:09:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea..I am bored to freakin' death this week, we've been locked down a few days because of the Ushura muslim holiday, that's why I'm able to spend some time with you guys here....

We did discuss that, no the board is normal, but we have an arabic speaker on the team (US, not a haji terp') and he's gonna run interference for us on any non english ghosts that we may encounter.

This begs the question...do we really want to open this door?

Hell YES!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Why?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:40:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why?

Quoted:

Lotto!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:47:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I got a ouiji board that I sent for a couple days ago, my team hasn't had a chance to use it yet. NO, we will NOT be asking wheres the WMD, so give me some other ideas on how to best utilize this device is such an unrestful place...

how about you throw it away..... those things are fake anyways
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:47:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm gonna ask it about Arokie's momma's whereabouts last night.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I prefer the Magic 8 ball.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:56:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm gonna ask it about Arokie's momma's whereabouts last night.

lol i know!! i know!!!!!

kicking your mommas ass!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:04:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Aaah, one more reason for the haji's to lable you all as 'sacriligeous infidels'. (Not that their fucked up culture needs an excuse). But is it really worth the possibility of becomming a greater target??

Obviously you are in a better position to answer, I support your decision either way; but as far as your question goes, I guess I'd be asking it where and when I might find some 'PIE'.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:26:14 AM EDT
[#17]
^
were they going to invite the locals?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Slap a couple of rails and a vertical foregrip on it and call it good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Scare the bejeebus out of the tribesmen.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:14:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
^
were they going to invite the locals?

I assume this was intended for me since the '^' is pointing at me, to answer your question; Probably not, but since using a Ouiji Board, wouldn't fall under the perview of 'Opsec', this is bound to get out. Speaking for my self, I wouldn't want to give them 'another' reason to want to kill me. Of course, ymmv....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:19:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#22]
You've got explosives... Blow it up. Those things are no good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF?

Yea, this oughta be good.

yes indeed
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#25]
why would you want to mess with one of those things?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#26]
dark lord of page two

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#27]
They're a hoax. Have the participants use the board blindfolded (while having somebody secretly rotate the board 180 degrees) and report back.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Why do people get stirred up over shit like this?

It's a toy. If the box says Parker Brothers or Milton Bradley, the devil is NOT inside.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I did not believe these were for real either...... Until I tried it with a very skeptical "yea right"
There is Evil in this world. I don't give a shit if it's sold by Parker or Milton Bradley. I have seen pure EVIL through one. I fukin' burned it.
Kevin
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Might we say...that he's..."Ouij Bored"

HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted:
Jeezus god.....

You ARE bored.

curious, is there an Arab language version of the board?
     Midwinter

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I've played with one of these things.  It's a child's toy, but they are fun.  The people using it will come up with some bizarre stuff without even realizing it.  We summoned the spirits of Kurt Cobain and Christopher Columbus.  Both apparently wound up in Hell.  Cobain wanted to listen to Nirvana music and Columbus told us about getting drunk and molesting a manatee that he thought was a mermaid.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I did not believe these were for real either...... Until I tried it with a very skeptical "yea right"
There is Evil in this world. I don't give a shit if it's sold by Parker or Milton Bradley. I have seen pure EVIL through one. I fukin' burned it.
Kevin

I know. You should have tried it blindfolded, because the results wold have been completely different. I get tired of debunking these things.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#34]
i need to find the paper but someone did a study on ouija boards in the 80's I think and showed that the scrolling tool wasmoved by micro muscle movments of the participants...they used some kind of machine to detect this so it basicly tells you what you want to hear....a big plus on doing it hooded as blind folds let you peak adn turn the board 180 degrees.....fun for 12 yr olds and bored soldiers....its just a game
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#35]
They make great interrogation devices, if you've got somebody with practice who knows how to put the right mental stress on the guy in the hot seat.

It's like a lie-detector the bad guy uses on himself.  Beautiful and heartwarming to watch, with a side of trying not to bust a gut and blow the whole thing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
i need to find the paper but someone did a study on ouija boards in the 80's I think and showed that the scrolling tool wasmoved by micro muscle movments of the participants...they used some kind of machine to detect this so it basicly tells you what you want to hear....a big plus on doing it hooded as blind folds let you peak adn turn the board 180 degrees.....fun for 12 yr olds and bored soldiers....its just a game

I'm not easily swayed by things I'm skeptical about. This was more than one time with two different people. It was spelling out shit that had nothing too do with what was asked, and was using the vilest words I've ever heard. It was not moving in micro small movements. It was direct and deliberate strong movement. Say what you want. I was in my late thirties. I saw it, I felt it, It was real enough for me. Play with it if you want. It made a believer outta me!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Conjure up a local and ask him if he got 72 virgins or is it more like 70.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not easily swayed by things I'm skeptical about. This was more than one time with two different people. It was spelling out shit that had nothing too do with what was asked, and was using the vilest words I've ever heard. It was not moving in micro small movements. It was direct and deliberate strong movement. Say what you want. I was in my late thirties. I saw it, I felt it, It was real enough for me. Play with it if you want. It made a believer outta me!

Do it again blindfolded. Seriously.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#39]
See if you can get in touch with Osama.  That might answer one question everyone is asking.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#40]
USE IT TO TELL MOHAMAD TO TELL HIS PEOPLE TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN..  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I know. You should have tried it blindfolded, because the results wold have been completely different. I get tired of debunking these things.

i take it you're not familiar with magickal theory.  the board itself is a tool--it is only a piece of cardboard.  think of it as a rifle.  if you blindfolded yourself, you'd have a hard time hitting a target.

"there are more things in heaven and earth, horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

-hamlet
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i take it you're not familiar with magickal theory.  the board itself is a tool--it is only a piece of cardboard.  think of it as a rifle.  if you blindfolded yourself, you'd have a hard time hitting a target.

Are you being sarcastic? You don't actually believe spirits move the eye around, do you?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you being sarcastic? You don't actually believe spirits move the eye around, do you?

not in the least.  read my post again.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Ok, sirensong. I like the rifle analogy.

My rifle is equipped with a holographic eye manufactured by EOTech, which allows the participants to communicate with the dead. We place an ouji board at 25 yards. The participants then place their hands on the rifle and summon a spirit. We ask the spirit questions while looking through the magic eye, and observe the rifle moving around the board. When it settles, we pull the trigger and note which letter now has a hole in it. None of us are consciously aware of any muscle movement on our part. It's really quite amazing, and I can't explain it.

Skeptics point out that we are unable to do this while blindfolded.

Who's right, and more importantly, WHY?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Burn it! Nothing good has ever come from screwing with those things!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Ok, sirensong. I like the rifle analogy.

My rifle is equipped with a holographic eye manufactured by EOTech, which allows the participants to communicate with the dead. We place an ouji board at 25 yards. The participants then place their hands on the rifle and summon a spirit. We ask the spirit questions while looking through the magic eye, and observe the rifle moving around the board. When it settles, we pull the trigger and note which letter now has a hole in it. None of us are consciously aware of any muscle movement on our part. It's really quite amazing, and I can't explain it.

Skeptics point out that we are unable to do this while blindfolded.

Who's right, and more importantly, WHY?

already running late for work, so this'll be brief--please don't think that i'm being curt.  

there are 2 ideas for the behavior of a ouija session.  the first, and to my mind, less likely, is that there is an independent actor--a "spirit" if you will, that "guides" you as you move the pointer.  let me repeat "as you move the pointer."  amusingly enough, this "occult" phenomenon is actually an exoteric explanation.

the more plausible line of thinking is the power of the sub- and unconscious mind.  that is, when consulting a ouija board, you are not asking a "spirit", you are asking yourself.  the "ritual", so to speak, is merely to distance one's self from the normal, tightly-controlled conscious functions of the brain, and allowing the deeper recesses of the mind take over--rather like hypnotism, or the deprivation exercises of nonsleep and fasting.  

for a more "scientifically acceptable" example, consider the continuous writing exercise that is used extensively by psychologists as a way to get into the subconscious thought process.  i submit that ouija is simply a nontraditional version of the same thing.  where it gets interesting is when you consider the ramifications of jung's theories on the collective unconscious--that we, as humans, create a reservoir of knowledge that is somehow accessible to all.  so getting to the bottom of your unconscious mind just might allow you to access nonlocal knowledge.  but that is another discussion entirely.

in brief, however one chooses to look at it, it is the person that, whether guided by a spirit or by psychological forces, it is indeed the person at the board who is moving the pointer.  that is why the blindfold negates the entire exercise.  i've written at length about this in another ouija thread, which should be archived about a year ago.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Show it to the locals and explain that Black Christian Magic is the strongest of all types of magic.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't open that portal!  You've been warned.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Don't open that portal!  You've been warned.

What portal?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top