Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 6:09:45 PM EDT
In 98' they called for rain and 18+ inches of snow fell. Week long power outages it was like survivor. What should I do about this??

...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO MIDNIGHT EST SATURDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MYTOWN HAS ISSUED A HEAVY SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO MIDNIGHT EST SATURDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT...HAVING BEEN UPGRADED TO A HEAVY SNOW WARNING AND EXTENDED IN TIME.

WINTRY PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVERNIGHT...POSSIBLY STARTING AS A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW...THEN MOSTLY SNOW OVERNIGHT. THE HEAVIER SNOW ACCUMULATIONS MAY OCCUR SATURDAY MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SNOW SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE INTO AT LEAST SATURDAY EVENING ...SO ADDITIONAL LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS COULD CONTINUE THROUGH MIDNIGHT SATURDAY NIGHT. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY LATE SATURDAY.

Anyone have a generator I can borrow??

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you not have your own generator if you were thru the one in 98????
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Lucky you.

We have warm weather and sunny skies around here.  I'm pissed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
60 degrees here yesterday, I was running around with the T tops off my car. Now I have 4 inches of snow everywhere.  Oh well, that's Arkansas weather for you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Forget it as Bill Engvall says "You will not survive this storm!!!!"

Seriosly, Batteries for Flashlights and lanterns, Camping stoves, Tent heaters or Kerosene heaters and stock some food for a couple days.

Just in case you lose power!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
i think you need to pay a visit to the survival forum.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#6]
+1

Good info there!'
h.gif
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
what part of MO are  you in? I havent heard any thing about al the waether here around columbia, course i dont watch the news much.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
My area has a Warnign for up to 10 inches by Sunday morning.

So far, as of this posting, nothing has come down.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
In 98' they called for rain and 18+ inches of snow fell. Week long power outages it was like survivor. What should I do about this??

Anyone have a generator I can borrow??

Sounds like you could build a hydroelectric dam.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well, to start you could try planning ahead and not waiting until the emergency is right on top of you before trying to assemble the the supplies you need.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Move to south Georgia.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#12]
18inches?  Pfft.  You southern boys just don't know how to deal with real weather.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Snow

GM

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top