Any of you notice these pictures?  About half way down the page

www.custom-glock.com/day2/index.html

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
might be good for a 10mm so you can mount optics
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Kabooms are about to enter a whole new world of pain.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
saw these in shotgun news a few weeks ago. blech
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to try one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You dudes crack me up!  Anything that is new or different right off the bat is stupid/shit/ a waste of your time.  Good thing you weren't there with Columbus, you would have taken one look at his new ships and had them burned.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
who was dissing them?  Other than the typical Glock hater.  I am interested because they appear to be modular.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you guys see the Kimberglock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#9]
But, but, but.............I thought they were already perfect.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I saw that and boy is it ugly.

Did you have a chance to check out the metal Glock frames? If so, what was your impression?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#11]
forget that glock i want this zombie killer!!!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you have a chance to check out the metal Glock frames? If so, what was your impression?

Sorry I got off topic.

One thing I really like about them is the Picatinny rail option available, and the ability to have a light rail and a flat front strap is a plus too. However, I don't know if I like the idea of a metal frame with no alternate grip material. I'd prefer traditional screw on grips for a metal frame, but I guess the grip tape method would be good enough.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry I got off topic.

One thing I really like about them is the Picatinny rail option available, and the ability to have a light rail and a flat front strap is a plus too. However, I don't know if I like the idea of a metal frame with no alternate grip material. I'd prefer traditional screw on grips for a metal frame, but I guess the grip tape method would be good enough.

I like the LR and flat front strap as well and I read where they have a backstrap that will make it point like a 1911? That would be awesome
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I have to say it does look interesting.
I wonder what kind of weight difference there is ?
If it is modular, it would be cool to see it adjustable to fit differnt hands.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I want to try one.

Me too. I think the interchangeable backstrap is just what the doctor ordered.

It's funny, people here bitch that Glock doesn't offer an IB, but when someone offers it for them it's crap.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Glock is trying to turn themselves into a 1911. Nice try.

Next thing you know, they'll be a TAPCO adapter for an M4 Stock for them.

Nice try, but no...a kaboom with metal is far worse than a kaboom with polymer.

SG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I dunno, I like the lighter weight of my glock. The grip I didnt like so I bought a hogue one that slides on. I didnt like the grip on my AR either so I put a hogue on also, come to think of it I put a hogue on everything I can.....my point? Either buy what fits your hand or make it so it does. I dont know about it being a "kimberglock", I mean how many people make AR rifles? Does a Rock River Vs. Bushmaster mean one is less of an AR? So what if you like a different kind of setup, whatever makes you accurate right? IMHO
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

SG

Nice try, but GLOCK has nothing to do with the alloy frames. They are made by an aftermarket parts vendor.

Just what I always wanted, a frame that is heavier and weaker than polymer! Where do I send my $300.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Are these frames manufactured by Glock, or someone else?

ETA: should have read the post above!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

And for asanine post of the day....the winner is.......

Glock isn't trying to turn themselves into an antiquated, heavy piece of shit (1911).  Nice try.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#21]
the advantage I see for this is the interchangable backstraps so the damn 1911 and XD guys stop crying, and the metal frame would be outstanding for bolting an optics mount to, especially for a 10mm hunting rig.(as expressed in the first post I did)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

For those of us like me that regularly shoot 1911s and Glocks I'm interested in seeing what this frame has to offer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Wonder if this might be the 1st step in Glock making a run at getting the new Army pistol contract
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wonder if this might be the 1st step in Glock making a run at getting the new Army pistol contract

no, metal frame is not a requirement, and this is made by another company- not Gaston and his merry band of tennifer sniffers
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#25]
The mens version, eh?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#26]
The only thing better than an aftermarket alloy frame for the GLOCK, would be one made of cast iron.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#27]
"Glock isn't trying to turn themselves into an antiquated, heavy piece of shit (1911). Nice try."

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
They seem to be just , pre-injection aluminum prototypes.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, metal frame is not a requirement, and this is made by another company- not Gaston and his merry band of tennifer sniffers

I was refering to the adjustable backstrap.  Also I thought Glock was making these.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Mind if I cut in a bit?

Metal frame glocks...hhmmmmm.. bad idea.  If it aint broke, don't fix it.  That is normally when things go terribly wrong.  I have had my Glock 19 for 3 years now, and have fired about 4000 rounds through it.  Aside from general holster wear it looks almost new.  For a recreational shooter like myself I have to say, that isn't too bad.  I would pass on metal frame.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I agree, or the "market" could try something equally pointless...like a glock version of the Beretta Storm.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Mind if I cut in a bit?

I have had my Glock 19 for 3 years now, and have fired about 4000 rounds through it.  Aside from general holster wear it looks almost new.  For a recreational shooter like myself I have to say, that isn't too bad.  I would pass on metal frame.  

G19, 10 years, 30,000 rounds, zero malfunctions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Those look like sand cast crap.

Can you say "Hesse" boys and girls? Good! I knew you could.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow, great photography skills...................................

Was there a single picture not out of focus?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

And for asanine post of the day....the winner is.......

Glock isn't trying to turn themselves into an antiquated, heavy piece of shit (1911).  Nice try.

Glock isn't trying to turn themselves into an antiquated, heavy piece of shit (1911).  Nice try.  a reliable .45

Hey, man,  if Schlocky, shitty triggers, unsupported chambers, and admitted Glock failures with a big "FUCK YOU" to the owner in a real caliber (.45) is good mojo for you, then have the fuck at it.

Until somehting better comes along, I'll stick to my Kimbers and their "antiquated" eats evety thing I send down the pipe and hasn't blown up in my hand yet design.

Glock in 9mm= fine, , even if butt ass fucking ugly and unweildy.

Glock in .45= Pull the pin and pray it don't blow up in YOUR face

All Hail the Cock of Gaston!!!!!!!

SG

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Glock isn't trying to turn themselves into an antiquated, heavy piece of shit (1911).  Nice try.  a reliable .45

Hey, man,  if Schlocky, shitty triggers, unsupported chambers, and admitted Glock failures with a big "FUCK YOU" to the owner in a real caliber (.45) is good mojo for you, then have the fuck at it.

Until somehting better comes along, I'll stick to my Kimbers and their "antiquated" eats evety thing I send down the pipe and hasn't blown up in my hand yet design.

SG

odd how the vast majority(99.99%) of failures with the .45acp guns seem to be ammo related.  especially since .45acp is a cartridge runs at a measly 19,000cup.  (9x19 parabellum runs at 33,000)  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

+1

And day one was mostly airsoft and beef jerky, etc.

Though I suppose I shouldnt' complain. Fuzzy pics are better than no pics. And there are some pretty good shots.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

odd how the vast majority(99.99%) of failures with the .45acp guns seem to be ammo related.  especially since .45acp is a cartridge runs at a measly 19,000cup.  (9x19 parabellum runs at 33,000)  

Not the one I've witnessed...Glock ADMITTED a chamber failure with factory ammo, and gave a nice big fat middle finger to my friend even so.

Fuck them...still not a tenth the gun of even a shitty 1911, regardless of what the polymer princess worshippers say.

Damn Tenifer sniffers.

Y'all can keep the Tupperware Turds.

SG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

Not the one I've witnessed...Glock ADMITTED a chamber failure with factory ammo, and gave a nice big fat middle finger to my friend even so.

Fuck them...still not a tenth the gun of even a shitty 1911, regardless of what the polymer princess worshippers say.

Damn Tenifer sniffers.

SG

oh I will keep mine, and I'll still consistenly outshoot the 1911 guys at three gun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

Damn Tenifer sniffers.

SG

oh I will keep mine, and I'll still consistenly outshoot the 1911 guys at three gun.

That's 'cause the guys you shoot with suck...JMO.

Anyone with a decent 1911 that can't outshoot a polymer princess should be limited to a Ruger P-89 only.

What a fucking disgrace...I'd crawl back to my car in shame...and sniff tenifer 'till i had an aneurism.

SG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#42]
tactical tupperware guys spend less time reloading, less time clearing malfunctions, and we all seem to rip off double taps a whole heck of a lot faster than the 1911 guys(even us who shoot snappy assed .40s)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

Damn Tenifer sniffers.

SG

Anyone with a decent 1911 that can't outshoot a polymer princess should be limited to a Ruger P-89 only.

What a fucking disgrace...I'd crawl back to my car in shame...and sniff tenifer 'till i had an aneurism.

SG

I think Dave Sevigny with his tupperware turd can outshoot 99.99% of people shooting 1911's.  He has the trophies and awards to prove it.

ETA:  Until you can outshoot Sevigny, I'll be watching for your aneurism.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
tactical tupperware guys spend less time reloading, less time clearing malfunctions, and we all seem to rip off double taps a whole heck of a lot faster than the 1911 guys(even us who shoot snappy assed .40s)

Best fucking laugh I've had all month...keep it coming

And Tell Private Pyle to Cowboy Up!...

ROTFLMAO!!!!

SG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

Damn Tenifer sniffers.

SG

SG

I think Dave Sevigny with his tupperware turd can outshoot 99.99% of people shooting 1911's.  He has the trophies and awards to prove it.

ETA:  Until you can outshoot Sevigny, I'll be watching for your aneurism.

WGAF?  LMAO...

Tenifer is a also a hell of a narcotic....LOL

SG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#46]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock isn't trying to turn themselves into an antiquated, heavy piece of shit (1911). Nice try. a reliable .45

Hey, man, if Schlocky, shitty triggers, unsupported chambers, and admitted Glock failures with a big "FUCK YOU" to the owner in a real caliber (.45) is good mojo for you, then have the fuck at it.

SG

odd how the vast majority(99.99%) of failures with the .45acp guns seem to be ammo related. especially since .45acp is a cartridge runs at a measly 19,000cup. (9x19 parabellum runs at 33,000)

Damn Tenifer sniffers.

SG

SG

I think Dave Sevigny with his tupperware turd can outshoot 99.99% of people shooting 1911's. He has the trophies and awards to prove it.

ETA: Until you can outshoot Sevigny, I'll be watching for your aneurism.

Wow.  I can see a bit of anger in them hills.  I perfer the WGF when it comes to 1911 or Glock, or Ruger, or SA, or S&W.  Far as I am concerned, if you like you gun, great.  If you shoot it well, that's great to.  It really doesn't matter what you shoot as long as it meets your needs and accomplishes your objective, whether it is a Police Officer taking down a PCP infested punk, or a 3 gun guy shootin a ballon from 50ft.  
  When it comes down to it shooting is pass/fail.  awards or no awards, all that matters is who's left standing.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#47]

dumb
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#48]
nm my machine sucks
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#49]
works for me
try right clicking and viewing image
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone know more about this?

Looks like an AM180 on an AR-15. Kinda cool!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top