Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:18:23 PM EDT
I just Built my own Custom 1911A1 to my liking by hand.

Took National Match Springfield Armory Pistol that was used but still had NO play whatsoever between the slide and frame and Put over sized Safety in it from Ed Brown Products, Installed target barrel and Bushing again Ed Brown, Checkered Straight backstrap, Wilson combat Magazine catch. It was milled and Bo-Mar sights were installed and Crimson trace laser grips for those Dark encounters in the night when someone breaks in.

Well it was completed today so i go to the range to test it. Functioned perfectly.

Well down the bench from me is a father teaching his kid to shoot a .22, and i over hear the kid who is maybe 8 yrs old what kind of gun i'm shooting.

The father says "It's a .45!"

The kid says "Cool, I want one someday!"

So i was done running a mag and offered to let the kid see it up close.

The father butts in before the kid comes over "Handguns only exist for one purpose to kill people son, you don't ever want one of those!!"

I reply, "He's right kid handguns are for killing people, but also sports such as target shooting, and some day i hope you are smarter than your dad there and realize that the world is dangerous and some people  need killing because of their actions!"

So daddy dearest packs up the stuff from his bench and gets junior into the SUV to go home and brainwash the lad some more!

I was left standing there with a "What kind of Friggin gun owner was that?" thought running through my head. Pistols are for killing people but rifles are alright apparently.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
elmer fudds.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope you offended him.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
elmer fudds.

+Eleventybilion!  Elmer Fudds will be the downfall of civilian firearms ownership in this country!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
That kid will turn 21 and end up maxing out his credit card by buying 4 1911's because his father got pissy about them when he was little.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
What rebelious youth does best. Doing the exact opposite of what daddy tells you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm willing to bet that rifle to pistol deaths are at least 50-1 in the history of things.  What a stupid way to teach something.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
where at in PA did this go down?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Clearfield , Pa. Old Town Sportsmans Club Pistol Range.

Hey, where is Wind Gap, My doctor died in his sleep a few days ago and his Obit says he was from Wind Gap?

Heck of a nice guy, He saved my ability to walk from a  doctor who misdiagnosed what was wrong when i had a leg infection and both legs would have been cut off if it had gone any longer.

I have permannent damage to my legs but they are still useable thanks to him, but i have to wear compression socks for the rest of my life.

He also saved my dads life during his heart attack and then last week he had one of his own in his sleep.

Maybe you knew him, Keith Gangawere? I will always be indebted to him.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
No bells ringing, i believe their are actually two Wind Gaps. One out northwestern Pa and the one i live in which is pretty far Northeastern.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
.....what an asshat...unless "dad" lightens up, that kid will only learn about pistols through a PS2 and hollywood....Damn...my dad put a 1915 model German Luger in my hands at that age and taught me to shoot. Dad wasn't a gun nut but he taught his boys well...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
My father never owned a handgun till pretty late in life
didn't see a need but he was not a asshat like that guy
He did get a MKII ruger to shoot after his heart attack  as the doc told him longguns were a no no for awhile
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Yet even more conclusive proof that we are our own enemy. Gun owners like him are why we keep losing our RKBA
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My father never owned a handgun till pretty late in life
didn't see a need but he was not a asshat like that guy
He did get a MKII ruger to shoot after his heart attack  as the doc told him longguns were a no no for awhile

why couldn't he shoot longguns?  is it the buttstock hitting the chest from the recoil?  even with a .22?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]
How in the hell could he say that they're only for killing, when he sees you right there enjoying a nice day at the range? Or did you have live bodies lines up at the end of the range?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top