Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 1:35:38 PM EDT
I was having a conversation with a psychology major today. He told me that one of the reasons that people tend to be bi-polar.. go nuts etc.. is because we have one "mind" (our beast within from nature) and our "logical" brain always competeting with eachother as to who is right.. and what to do.

True, Not True? Discuss.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it depends on the person, some people are much more suseptible to change because of thier enviroment than others.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The thin veneer of society.
Remove it, and see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
some people aren't really suited to a complex society. I think I would have enjoyed a life of gathering and survival, harsh as it was. I don't really fit into todays hip and complex detailed world. And many people who do wouldn't last a day removed from it. As with anything it's individual.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top