Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2001 11:41:28 PM EDT
I've been looking at  M1 Garands and the CMP ones seem to be the best deals.  But they have those requirements.
I know I meet 2 of the 4.  The 2 I am unsure of are #'s 2, and 3.

What do they consider to be a CMP affliated club?

How do I know if I satisfy the CMP criterea for marksmanship?

Thanks in advance

Private_Joker
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 3:33:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe the DCm/CMP don't care what the score you shot was.  Any semi-auto will do, when I did it, I have seen people shoot the match with a stripper clip loaded SKS.  All they are concerned with is that you partcipated in one match(used to be 2 matches).  They give your score card, you send that in with your requiste paper work, and voila!, about 1 year later, the U.S. Postal Service delivers via registered and return receipt a box approximately 48 inches long, 7 inches wide and 4 inches high to your door.  When mines was delivered, of course I was at work, and I had to claim it at the P.O. the next day.  The DCM/CMP also sent bunch of rifles to the same nieghborhood at the sametime, on the week I got mine, they also delivered something like 10 other rifles, and the people in the P.O. knows whats inside too.  When get your rifle, make sure you save all of the paper work, that is the only proof that it was a true U.S. GI rifle, and not some re-import, I am a pack rat, I also saved the box.  HAVE FUN!
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Riverside gun club in Ramseur N.C. will give you an associate membership good for one year for $20.00. I don't have the info to contact, the number isn't on my card(you don't have to live in N.C). Call information or got to  www.fredsm14stocks.com and ask Fred. He is on the board. Also the CMP is now shipping service grade and Danish returns in about 30 days from confirmed payment. Yes, they accept credit cards. You don't have to shoot a particular score. Just put holes in the paper at a CMP affiliated club during a "match". Check CMP's site for a club near you. Call them and they will be happy to help. Do it before they run out of rifles next year. If you get one and are happy with it send your Senators and Representative a note urging them to continue the program. Ask for an M-14 purchase program also. Tell them that they can be permanently converted to fire semi-auto only and they should not be classified as NFA weapons after that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been looking at  M1 Garands and the CMP ones seem to be the best deals.  But they have those requirements.
I know I meet 2 of the 4.  The 2 I am unsure of are #'s 2, and 3.

What do they consider to be a CMP affliated club?

Thanks in advance

Private_Joker
View Quote

One more thing. Don't look at all the requirements and think it's not worth the "trouble". I hear that from a lot of people.
It so easy a person should be slapped for being so lazy as to think it's too much trouble. O.K. maybe not slapped, but given a very disapproving look.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help.  I found a CMP club less than 10 miles from my house, now I just have to find out when they will be holding a shoot.  Thanks a lot guys.

Private_Joker
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
warlord - 1 year?  Ouch!  Mine took a little over a week to get.
View Quote

Sorry, I should have put in a time frame, this was back in '89, when it was call DCM(Division of Civilian Marksmanship, part of the U.S. Army).  I guess when Congress privitized this agency, they speeded things up a bit, I guess this one good thing that Ted Kennedy did good for the gunners.

If you look at the www.fulton-armory.com web site the CMP has a bunch of M1s, so I think the limiting factor will be the anti-gunners.  A picture tour of Anniston, AL where your Garand will be coming from is at [url]http://www.fulton-armory.com/AnnistonGallery.htm[/url]

It is well-worth the small amount of hoops to jump thru to get your rifle.  It will be in arsenal condition, which is better than some of the re-imports from Korea etc. with dark bores, broken & rattling handguards etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top