User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 12:16:27 PM EDT
See where liberals want to take your kids:

newyorkmetro.com/news/features/15589/index6.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Alair is one of the lucky ones whose parents don’t mind her bisexual tendencies. Her dad is the president of a company that manages performance artists and her mom is a professional organizer. “My parents are awesome,” she says. “I think they’ve tried to raise me slightly quirky, like in a very hippie little way, and it totally backfired on them.”

“ ’Cause you ended up like a hippie?” Nathan asks.

“No, ’cause I went further than I think they wanted me to go.”
\

Kind of says it all right there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a few friends up here in college who went to Stuyvesant High School. They all agree that this "lesbo cuddle puddle" is absolutely retarded and is fukking up what is one of the nation's best high schools.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I heard in my (small upstate college town) that there is a bar in town where karoake night has become "the lesbian co-eds" night with a fair sized number of "bi acting/curious" girls. It is apparently "trendy." for younger twentyish and younger girls.

Worthless w/o pics, sir!    
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Academically speaking, an outstanding school.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw that at the Morton Williams by me.  Not super shocking.  Without making any normative comment on the lifestyle, it's nonetheless being pushed so much in media and entertainment.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
My experience with fairly young girls (18-25, mostly) is that their 'lesbian' experiences are mostly a way to turn guys on.

They're interested in guys, but they don't have the confidence that they can get the guy themselves, but they feel that if they bring even the possibility of a threesome to the table, they can.

Every one of them I've met has issues with self-confidence... Suprise, suprise.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Adolescents of every generation have sought ways to "be different" and find out who they are, inevitably driving their parents up the wall.  This is no different.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My experience with fairly young girls (18-25, mostly) is that their 'lesbian' experiences are mostly a way to turn guys on.

They're interested in guys, but they don't have the confidence that they can get the guy themselves, but they feel that if they bring even the possibility of a threesome to the table, they can.

Yep.
Ring a ding ding.
It's all about bringing guys to the table.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#11]
More stupid chick stories.  Anything to get more of the all-important, yet ever-evasive attention.  Whatever.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

True.  Most of the Stuyvesant grads I have met went on to Ivy League schools.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
How do you pronounce "Stuyvesant"?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If you have to ask, you cannot afford it.

Hell, I cannot even read it.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True.  Most of the Stuyvesant grads I have met went on to Ivy League schools.  

Considering that many Ivy-league students possess a rather obtuse world-view, this stands to reason in light of the article's account.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I was ready to hurl half way through that article.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

STOO-VEE-SAHNT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.
Ring a ding ding.
It's all about bringing guys to the table.

they're playing hard to get?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a NYC public high school. The only requirement is you have to be very smart and live in that area.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Stuyvesant was not coed before about 1968 or 69; seems it was for good reason.

Pro scientia atque sapienta
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I heard in my (small upstate college town) that there is a bar in town where karoake night has become "the lesbian co-eds" night with a fair sized number of "bi acting/curious" girls. It is apparently "trendy." for younger twentyish and younger girls.

Town?
Bar Name?
Night that is Karoake Night?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The New York pronunciation is "Sty (as in your eye) vah (halfway between 'uh' and 'ah') sent (as in a letter)."
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a NYC public high school. The only requirement is you have to be very smart and live in that area.

You can live anywhere in the city as long as you pass the test and can survive the daily commute.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Horseshit. Libs want OTHER peoples kids to go to places like that.  The want their own kids to go to nice private schools with stout abstinance based sex ed and armed guards to prevent a columbine shooting.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And amazingly IT WORKS.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And amazingly IT WORKS.

Yes, yes it does.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Town?
Bar Name?
Night that is Karoake Night?

Combined with your avatar, that is fuckin' hilarious.

But no... Most the girls I knew in HS that were "bi," were really looking for attention they ended up getting from guys. Almost none of them were really that great looking, but something about the lesbian appeal made them more desirable. Only one out of a bunch of them were actually "bi." She dated a friend of mine and left him for another chick that was butch. Oh man did he get ribbed for it... hahaha
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The New York pronunciation is "Sty (as in your eye) vah (halfway between 'uh' and 'ah') sent (as in a letter)."

That's what I thought..as in:

Friday night I crashed your party
Saturday I said I'm sorry
Sunday came and trashed me out again
I was only having fun
Wasn't hurting anyone
And we all enjoyed the weekend for a change
I've been stranded in the combat zone
I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And amazingly IT WORKS.

When are they going to learn...that for most men all it takes to turn them on is two tits, a bush and a heartbeat...or atlest a heartbeat recently.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#30]
when you dumb down a society you have to continue to feed it with empty, shallow and useless verbiage so the dumbed down think themselves enlightened.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
when you dumb down a society you have to continue to feed it with empty, shallow and useless verbiage so the dumbed down think themselves enlightened.

It's a subset of "panem et circensis."
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And amazingly IT WORKS.

When are they going to learn...that for most men all it takes to turn them on is two tits, a bush and a heartbeat...or atlest a heartbeat recently.

ixnay on the ushbay
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And amazingly IT WORKS.

Aren't you gay?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

And it has been for the 15 years, at least (around the time I started college).
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Worthless w/o pics, sir!    

I have never gone to it. I stay home and stay out of trouble.

Coward!!!!!!    
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And amazingly IT WORKS.

Aren't you gay?

He said "most" and what's going on with that penguin in your avatar? I don't like the looks of that at all!

photos.ar15.com/Galleries/Avatars/54791.jpg

That penguin has a set of tits.  Showing those would be against the COC.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#39]
This just confirms my theory that all women have lesbo tendencies.  Goes towards holding other girl's hands when younger, etc.

I haven't had a girlfriend yet who didn't want a 3 some (with a GIRL, not guy).  Ahhhh, and the twins on the cruise ship can lead me to die a happy man.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm not sure I'm entirely ready to make out with a dude to impress a chic so she goes home with me.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:35:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

While academics are important, having a bunch of graduates who can do calculus but have absolutely no moral restraint isn't going to benefit either them OR society. All of this cultural push DOES have an impact on kids, and DOES form their fragile little minds. Our complete lack of concern about what our kids get programmed with is having its effect.

And it isn't a good one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:41:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I'm not sure I'm entirely ready to make out with a dude to impress a chic so she goes home with me.....

I have never understood this. I have yet to meet a woman who thinks that watching two guys make out is "hot". Universally it has been regarded as an utterly disgusting sight.

I have yet to meet the woman who fantasizes about coming home to catch her husband bent over the kitchen table getting rogered by some other dude and joining in the fun.

But it works the opposite way with some guys.

I fail to understand the allure of having your woman screw somebody else, regardless of gender.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

With a lisp.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:44:45 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Specop_007...I would think that "making out with a member of the same sex" would be a really bad way to impress a member of the opposite sex. So I don't think your really off base there.....

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Considering that many Ivy-league students possess a rather obtuse world-view, this stands to reason in light of the article's account.

I think I should be offended by that last comment but somehow I'm not.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Last week, Laura Ingram interviewed the writer of this article, Alex Morris. She didn't sound old enough to even be in that high school, much less write for a NYC publication. Laura probably spent nearly 45 minutes with the interview and then discussing the whole incident. Miss Morris (for her part) came off as a garden variety "let's not judge" liberal, who sounded about as dumb as seaweed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#48]
The irony is, they have a terrific, new campus for the school.  It's over on the Hudson River, at the end of Chambers St.  (not too far from WTC)  It has everything one could ask.  But, as you say.....  I'll chalk it up to all sorts of affirmative action and PC.  When they had an old building on E. 15th St., and it was not coed, things were "a little different."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top