Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 12:03:56 PM EDT
Think back 5 years ago.

10 Round mags.  Muzzle Breaks that deafened everyone even near the shooting line. Fixed stocks that were made to look like telescoping stocks.  Etc. Etc. Etc.  

Now think about today.

FN PS90 is shipping. FN FS2000, Sig 556, and Steyr AUG (hopefully) on the horizon. S&W is releasing AR's even.  We've got Standard Capacity mags everywhere, and Beta C's that you don't have to get a loan for. Etc. Etc. Etc.

We have entered " The Golden Age ".   Now where's my credit card?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Things are  much  better today.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Think back 5 years ago.

10 Round mags.  Muzzle Breaks that deafened everyone even near the shooting line. Fixed stocks that were made to look like telescoping stocks.  Etc. Etc. Etc.  

Now think about today.

FN PS90 is shipping. FN FS2000, Sig 556, and Steyr AUG (hopefully) on the horizon. S&W is releasing AR's even.  We've got Standard Capacity mags everywhere, and Beta C's that you don't have to get a loan for. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I won't consider it a golden age until the SCOTUS rules all forms of gun control (as they should!) as being unconstitutional!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll call it a "gold plated" age.  

We have a lot to be thankful for but we also have a lot of work to do.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Think back 5 years ago.

Now think about today.

Yup, this last year or two and the next year or two will be a mini Golden era, perhaps our last. Enjoy it while you can, we will be missing these days sooner or later.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup , and most will not realize it , until its gone again.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Beta-Cs used to go for around $600 before the ban expired, right? Now they're about $280. If I was smart I'd go buy one....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember all that when you step into the voting booth in November 2006.  If the Democratic Party regains the reins of power in Washington, you can expect our Second Amendment rights to begin eroding just as fast as those libs can make it happen.

If they take back the White House in '08 too, then we will see another AWB and I can ASSURE you that this one will be far more draconian than the old one and there won't be any timeline attached to it.

Just remember that...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Remember all that when you step into the voting booth in November 2006.  If the Democratic Party regains the reins of power in Washington, you can expect our Second Amendment rights to begin eroding just as fast as those libs can make it happen.

If they take back the White House in '08 too, then we will see another AWB and I can ASSURE you that this one will be far more draconian than the old one and there won't be any timeline attached to it.

Just remember that...

+ 1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]
$10 AR magazines...

We do have to stay vigilant, but it is pretty nice right now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Things are much better for the moment.  The only difference between then & now is a little line called the 'sunset clause'.  W/o it, things would still be as they were.  Take advantage while you can, for there's no telling the future.  This tug-o-war will never die unless the SCOTUS smacks it down for good - & the odds are against that happening.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't you guys think the liberals are getting weaker? Surely the Republicans have their share of screw ups, but the libtards seem to be falling out of favor with the masses. Plus, no one in the Libtard group has the appeal of Bill Clinton. As far as 'Hollywood charm' they have no one to replace him. It's not that often that someone like Billy Effen Clinton comes along. They are going downhill fast IMO.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
The following of this ban-thinking is that its an ideology (sound familiar), & not based on personaly gain.  Those who subscribe to it are motivated out of emotional idealism.  To draw on a quote Michale Biehn: "[They] can't be bargained with, or reasoned with, & [they] will not stop - ever - until [we are disarmed]."

Like I said: unless the SCOTUS smacks the issue down for good, it will never end.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#15]
no golden age here in NY
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2

A big +3

Buy what you want now and always write to douchebag politicians.

The next AWB could happen alot sooner than one realizes.

When these new rifles were introduced, the brady bunch immediately had ammo for their ad campaign. "Look at all these new and evil rifles available to the american public that we don't trust!" (I added that part in blue)

enjoy
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#17]
When your enemy is on the run, you need to hunt him down and anniliate him.  I don't like the idea that some people think we have won anything.  We haven't.  We have regained some of what was taken, but overall we are still at a deficit.  And until SCOTUS rules that the Interstae Commerce Clause has been overused and abused, we are still sucking hind tit.

Boys, the battle is still joined.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#18]
better than yesterday but worse than the day before
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top