Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 9:28:16 AM EDT
What would happen?  You would lose your buzz guns for a long time, and they would eventually be returned to you after being fired 5000 times for "balistics testing" and being finger_f**ked by bubba and his deputies?

Just wondering what world of shit you could get into using a machine gun in such a situation.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#2]
still beats being dead
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I recall this happened a couple winters ago in Houston I believe... It was briefly on the news there.

IIRC: A guy noticed a suspicious vehicle drive up and it appeared to be a gang hit or something. He got his MP5 and as they assaulted his house, the suspects never left the scene, except in body bags and/or ambulances.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a Massad Ayoob book "In the Gravest Possible Extreme" where he discusses this.  There was at least one real example I know of where some idiots decided to road rage against a gun company representative who had a full-auto Mini-14 GB in his car at the time as his only loaded weapon (he had it for evaluation).  Long story short he ended up killing one of the perps (but not the other) with a 8 or 9 round burst and this brought him a bit of trouble when the grand jury came around.  He was eventually cleared but I think the trouble that he was in had more to do with the fact that he did not shoot the girlfriend of the dead perp (who was attacking up to that point as well) and that this was early in the morning and there were no other witnesses.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#5]
You will be sued for everything you own in civil court.

I would estimate less than 50% chance of having your weapons returned to you.

A procecutor would have a difficult time charging you with a crime, but he would undoubtedly try.

Unless you are a cop.  Then laws do not apply to you.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6, or the worst case scenario, being 1 of the 6 carrying a family member.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I do beleive it would be a media field day on either coast for sure.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is a Massad Ayoob book "In the Gravest Possible Extreme" where he discusses this.  There was at least one real example I know of where some idiots decided to road rage against a gun company representative who had a full-auto Mini-14 GB in his car at the time as his only loaded weapon (he had it for evaluation).  Long story short he ended up killing one of the perps (but not the other) with a 8 or 9 round burst and this brought him a bit of trouble when the grand jury came around.  He was eventually cleared but I think the trouble that he was in had more to do with the fact that he did not shoot the girlfriend of the dead perp (who was attacking up to that point as well) and that this was early in the morning and there were no other witnesses.

www.commongroundcommonsense.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t39127.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone needs to post a link to the story about the guy that used a S&W subgun to discourage a gang from robbing his gunstore.  Killed the guy that tried to run him down and ran the others off with what I would call "suppressing fire".  In other words, he shot the crap out of the car they were behind.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#10]
If you use a full auto weapon and have to use it in a self defense situation, I highly suggest:

• You do NOT put more than 35 or 40 rounds into the body

• You do NOT administer a coup de gras

• You refrain from taking possibly incriminating pictures of you posing with the still-steaming corpse, to include insulting and/or putting panties on its head.

I am not a lawyer but I recently learned you can say anything on the Internet (particularly at SIGforums) and you rubes will believe it!  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#11]
A legally owned firearm is a legally owned firearm.  Prepare for the ass reaming you'd get if you killed anybody with a legally owned firearm.  Civil suits, difficulty getting your firearm back without a shot out barrel or unrusted, being painted to the grand jury as a lunatic vigilante.  Better than the alternative though.

EDIT: Now I want an Al Mar knife.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top