Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:40:51 AM EDT
This is tough to read and go through, but you need to take a look. It makes me hate all of those smarmy hippie types who think tey are so damn morally superior to those of us who have worn the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. I so hate the Left in this country. They would destroy everything I hold dear.

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/news/finalSalute/

I am warning you, this wil make you think, then it will make you sad, then it will make you mad. Thank God we have those who would serve their country.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not trying to pimp a thread here, but I am suprised no one replied to this thread. Does the average member care more about Israeli "babes" or some hypothetical dumb shit from the shot show than dead Marines?

Maybe it is me. I am going for a walk and try to understand my countrymen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This is tough to read and go through, but you need to take a look. It makes me hate all of those smarmy hippie types who think tey are so damn morally superior to those of us who have worn the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. I so hate the Left in this country. They would destroy everything I hold dear.

I am warning you, this wil make you think, then it will make you sad, then it will make you mad. Thank God we have those who would serve their country.

making it hot... then im off to read it
denver.rockymountainnews.com/news/finalSalute/
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
its a good read..

thanks for posting it..

the reason you have few responses is that it has been posted before and it lasted a few pages..
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
its a good read..

thanks for posting it..

the reason you have few responses is that it has been posted before and it lasted a few pages..

That is correct, it was posted on Nov 21, 2005. I just checked, the post is archived.

I could hardly read more than a few stories my self, without breaking down.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow!  I couldn't through it all (must be something in the air making my eyes water)  I'll go back later and finish it.  Thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't catch it last time around, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow!  I couldn't through it all (must be something in the air making my eyes water)  I'll go back later and finish it.  Thanks for posting it.

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
its a good read..

thanks for posting it..

That is correct, it was posted on Nov 21, 2005. I just checked, the post is archived.

I could hardly read more than a few stories my self, without breaking down.

+1 a very emotional read but worth it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is tough to read and go through, but you need to take a look. It makes me hate all of those smarmy hippie types who think tey are so damn morally superior to those of us who have worn the uniform of a US Serviceman. I so hate the Left in this country. They would destroy everything I hold dear.

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/news/finalSalute/

Minor repair job, no flame, no insult to the Corps.
Please remember this:not all of those that make the surpreme sacrifice are Marines.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#10]
That was difficult to read. Still, I'm glad I did, as I must have missed it the first time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#11]
God bless the serviceman who perform notification duty.  For me, it would be tougher than combat.

Though I'm sure it was meant as liberal propaganda, the article is a very good read.  The sacrifices made by our servicemen and their families should never be forgotten.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#12]
It a good read.

As a former Marine myself it saddens me to read stories like this, because it makes me mad that the good, heroic creme of the crop young men are over there fighting and dying, while a bunch of spineless, liberal asswipes sit over here and protest.

I wouldn't  trade the life of the lowliest Marine, for all the Michael Moores, George Clooney's and Bill Clintons in the world!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]
So this is why I sent my perfectly good Leupold Vari-X mildot scope to Americansnipers.org. Maybe my scope can save a life and prevent a repeat of this funeral. And yes, there are more folks than Marines who fight and die, but I was/am one so this resonates.

I did not know this was posted before, I am new here as you can see.

Another great charity is http://www.semperfifund.org. They provide financial assistance to the families ofwounded Marines so they can travel to Bethesda or Brook Army Medical to be with their wounded sons and sometimes daughters. They also help out the families of Navy Corpsmen too. I am sure the Army andNavy have a similiar charity.

Semper Fi all. Have a good evening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top