Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 5:17:18 AM EDT
Heading back to Gettysburg next month for an overnighter and this time around I wanted to hit one of the night ghost tours. I know there are 4 or 5 different ones. Can anyone recommend a good one?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]
There's always 2 or 3 people handing out flyers for ghost tours right in the center of town, where the 2 main drags meet (Steinwehr and Baltimore Pike maybe???)

Take your pick. When you're done with the ghost tour take a proper battlefield tour with a guide. w00t.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:30:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Take the two put on by the farnsworth tavern they are the best,you go into the attic where the confederate snipers were setup and then hit the battlefields in town.The mourning tour takes you into the cellar where the snipers who were killed were stored until after the battle.There is an older biker looking guy who gives the mourning tour and he is worth the cost of the tour by himself,try to take the tour that he guides.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]

When you're done with the ghost tour take a proper battlefield tour with a guide. w00t.

Did the bus tour last year, but this year we have already hired a private tour guide. Actually not bad either at 40.00 for 3 hours for a car load.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Take the Ghosts of Gettysburg tour. The town tour is the best.

60 people in my party actually saw a ghost. NO KIDDING! People from across the street came out in their pajamas to see what was going on. I've posted pictures here. Now THAT was cool.

Stay away from the Farnsworth house, it's got a REALLY bad vibe to it.

Here's one of the pictures, and this was NOT where we saw the ghost...see the face?

Take this tour company, you won't be disappointed:

www.ghostsofgettysburg.com/

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#6]
In the seventies I belonged the the North South Skirmish Association.  One of our guys was returning from a skirmish in Winchester Virginia and was driving through Gettysburg when nature called at 2 AM.  He pulled into the park, walked down a dir path and did his duty,  He still ahd his uniform on and a nice handlebar mustache too.  He took a wrong turn out of the woods and came across a couple parked in a car.  Guy in the car says "Jesus Christ!  Will you look at that!!!!"

He raises his hand and calls out a long halloooooooo!  Car hightails it out of there.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In the seventies I belonged the the North South Skirmish Association.  One of our guys was returning from a skirmish in Winchester Virginia and was driving through Gettysburg when nature called at 2 AM.  He pulled into the park, walked down a dir path and did his duty,  He still ahd his uniform on and a nice handlebar mustache too.  He took a wrong turn out of the woods and came across a couple parked in a car.  Guy in the car says "Jesus Christ!  Will you look at that!!!!"

He raises his hand and calls out a long halloooooooo!  Car hightails it out of there.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Shoot, I see 2 faces!!

What the hell is up with that?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Shoot, I see 2 faces!!

Yeah, there are two faces. And I think there might be three. The large one below, one just above it and another just to the left of the top one that is in the middle of the window.

I shot this picture with my digital camera and didn't see what was there, until I downloaded it. You should see some of the others.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shoot, I see 2 faces!!

Yeah, there are two faces. And I think there might be three. The large one below, one just above it and another just to the left of the top one that is in the middle of the window.

I shot this picture with my digital camera and didn't see what was there, until I downloaded it. You I should see post some of the others.

Fixed
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

60 people in my party actually saw a ghost. NO KIDDING! People from across the street came out in their pajamas to see what was going on. I've posted pictures here. Now THAT was cool.

I demand stories and the pictures.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still waiting on the stories and pics.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still waiting on the stories and pics.

Watch, it'll be another "hellhound" and nothing will be heard of it again.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#15]
+1 for more pics!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top