Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:37:13 PM EDT
cat has tapeworm, I gave him the pills earlier(1.5 as per directions for his size) how long before I should expect things to start going crazy?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Usually within the next couple of poops they should pass but like beakeeper said they come from fleas(animal accidentally swallows flea while grooming,eating,biting themselves) and the flea hatches out inside of them...i like frontline...and a money saving tip...by the frontline package for 88-120+ pound dogs and just break it down....lol....you get a whole lot more of the exact same stuff for like $3 more
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
no fleas, I went nuclear on those when I got him two months ago, he started showing signs of worms about a month ago, and I tried the wrong wormer on him before I figured out it was tapeworms.  the medication is praziquantel
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
usually 3-4 days tops, and you should be seeing what looks like grains of rice in the stool....these are pieces of the worms and nothing to worry about....2 weeks and the animal should show no symptoms
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
ok so he's not going to have 3 feet of tapeworm hanging out of his ass?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
ok...you should be fine then...chances are cat had them all along and just didnt notice until you seen segments in the stool
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#7]
actually it wasnt until he had a live segment drop off of him and onto my desk as I was working that I figured it out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top