Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 3:54:05 PM EDT
I was looking at getting one cause I think they are a blast to shoot and wanted to know how far out you guys are shooting hogs and how much drop it has and how bad does it fuck them up just hitting them in the chest or do you need head shots at long distances.  Also how much are you paying for ammo cause cabelas is like 90$ for 500.  thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a site recently that had some vids of some ground hog hunting. (I think it was dogbegone.com) One is a 17HMR. Quite impressive.

I bought a Marlin 917V, 17HMR for one of my kids for Christmas. He loves it. Ammo runs about 9.00/50 Rem with a 17gr V-max.
Easily under .5" @ 100 yds with a nice Loopy on top(if there is NO wind)
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a savage 17hmr  and its all i shoot. well i mean i use it over my 22s.  i killed a marmat, i mean same damn thing as a ground hog im guess at about 150 in the head. its the only one ive gotten to shoot but they have shitloads of power and can reach way farther then a 22.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've taken a groundhog with My Marlin 917VS in .17HMR at 125 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top