Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 3:51:30 PM EDT
I'm looking for the most versatile/accurate/reliable/economical GPS device out there that doesn't cost MUCH over $200.

Anybody know?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Your GPS requirements are diverse.  Most GPS units that are good for outdoors/hunting, aren't particularly good for use in cars.  If there is one that is passable at all functions it is the Garmin GPS V.  I have one, and I use it almost exclusively in my car.  In fact I'm loading map data into it right now.

This GPS is accurate and supports WAAS.  The screen flips orientation between handheld and dash mode and it comes with a mount for your dash.  It comes with mapping, route and waypoint management software.  I think the cable is even included.  It's on Amazon.com for $245.  It's a stout little unit.  

SP  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#5]
... taggalicious, I'm in the market myself right now
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Lowrance.
I've got a ifinder H2O that I picked up for $169. a week ago. link to GPS
12-parallel channel  GPS+WAAS receiver. Waterproof to IPX7 standard. An IPX7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes. I figure if I'm out and it starts raining it should still work.

In the short time I've had it accuracy looks to be on the average to be about 30'. At least that is what the GPS is telling me what the accuracy is. The display updates fast. It has plotted out me changing lanes going down the road. The down side is that it only displays hiways in town. I'm going to get the $100.00 mapping software and memory to show side streets for urban travel.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
eTrex Legend c

around $200.

24 mb of memory
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Screw all these other GPSs

The One you want is a Magellan Explorist 210 Get it from newegg.com

about $150, I have a boner for mine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Magellen Meridian Gold is worth checking out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top