Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2001 8:42:40 PM EDT
Well I own one AR and about to purchase another in 3 days. I absolutely love my AR. I want 2 other kinds of guns and want some opinions. I want to get an FAL and wonder what you guys think in general (accuracy, cost, availability of ammo, just the basic:) ). I also want to get an AK. Not sure cause it's kind of a toos up between the 47 or 74. Ammos cheap pretty much for both and accuracy is well nothing compared to the AR. I respect just about everyones opinion on here so I would like yours.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as the FAL goes I shot a DSA and I was impressed. The accuracy was between an AR and AK but good enough to do most anything you would like to do. As for ammo, its 308, very available. Now the DSA's are kind of expensive ($900 and up) but there are less expensive versions but I've never dealt with them. Overall, I would say they are very good guns.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The Norenco MAK 90 is available with a machined reciever, and very good quality parts for the money.  Less than $300. I guess even a "pre ban" AK wouldent set you back that much, though I'm not sure how you could verify the import date.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i say go FAL. cheap, lots of parts and mags for cheap. ammo is reasonalbe, and it would give you a more diverse collection than two guns that fire an intermeadate cartrage (ar and ak) with a fal you would have your intermeidate gun and you full sized battle rifle. i guess the same effect would be had with a garand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top