Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:30:18 PM EDT
Well, I met the Chairman of SIG today and he was very pleasant. He is an older Swiss/German guy and he told us that the new SIG 556 rifles SHOULD be shipping by the fourth quarter of this year. He then introduced us to the President and he appeared to be a very corporate type of guy and MUCH younger than the Chairman. We were told that samples that were on display were not the final product because they still had some minor changes to make. We were told that the retail price was to be in the $1,200's. He also told us that they didn't even have a full-auto/LE version of the 556 series rifle yet.

After seeing and holding the weapon, I was very impressed and can't wait to get one.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you tell him to kick his design team in the nads?

SBG

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

SBG

Yea did u tell him to go fuck himself and give us a REAL 55x?

Fucking old cockbag.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright, it is really ugly.

No need to kick them in the nads though. Asking them to demonstrate the ballistic proformance of thier rifles would be sufficient.

Any word about good looking sigs?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Fucking old cockbag.

There's the anger I was baiting!

SBG
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

After seeing and holding the weapon, I was very impressed and can't wait to get one.

Thanks for the first hand report.....I cant wait to get one either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to see what changes they have planned.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Easy fellas... I've never even took the time to look at SIG's before today. I like the design of the pistol but just can't justify paying those prices. I don't know what they did or didn't do in regards to the 55X series and don't even know what a threaded mosquito is...

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
ArfCom---> <---Design Team
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I find it comical that someone gets upset because a company doesn't make or sell something.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Easy fellas... I've never even took the time to look at SIG's before today. I like the design of the pistol but just can't justify paying those prices. I don't know what they did or didn't do in regards to the 55X series and don't even know what a threaded mosquito is...

thanks,
Ron

Don't worry Ron, I am convinced if it was an exact clone of the 551 swat, 40% of the people here would whine that they didn't like it.

Thanks again for giving a report on your impression.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks,
Ron

Don't worry Ron, I am convinced if it was an exact clone of the 551 swat, 40% of the people here would whine that they didn't like it.

Thanks again for giving a report on your impression.

Only if it wasn't exactly what I want.

SBG
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Those 2 men must have been the most hated men in that room.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I just don't like the railed handguard. I don't like VFGs, so I don't need it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#15]
One thing that I will add is the weight of the weapon. They had several variants on display and one of them that I picked up was the 20" version. It had a light and front grip that made the weapon front-end heavy. The receiver assembly is SUPER light and the weapon had a Crane/SOPMOD-type stock that did look better than pics that I just looked at of the 550/551 series. The front handguards all had picatinny rails as standard equipment.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Fucking old cockbag.

Dude, that is so inappropriate.  Sig makes a US version of the 55x series with a bunch of different prototypes and you call the CEO an old cockbag and tell him to go fuck himself.  We don't even know what the final version is that they've settled on, whether it will be offered with a folding stock and standard Swiss-style lower, etc..  There are already some pics floating around of one with a low-profile rail on the receiver and rail handguard up front that looks similar to a standard 551-P with exception of the stock, pistol grip, and ar15 mag lower.  You're a class-act.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Sig did bastardize a beautiful rifle when they make the 556, but WHY are you people complaining.  At least they're bringing new firearms to the market.  HK isn't.  I love my HK-91 but HK are a bunch of asshole IMHO.  At least FN and SIG are willing to bring new rifles to the market that are worth a damn.  Besides, I'll end up getting a 556, a regular handguard and stock, and I'll be happy.  I can't say that I'm going out to buy a new HK-91 can I?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Fucking old cockbag.

Dude, that is so inappropriate.  Sig makes a US version of the 55x series with a bunch of different prototypes and you call the CEO an old cockbag and tell him to go fuck himself.  We don't even know what the final version is that they've settled on, whether it will be offered with a folding stock and standard Swiss-style lower, etc..  There are already some pics floating around of one with a low-profile rail on the receiver and rail handguard up front that looks similar to a standard 551-P with exception of the stock, pistol grip, and ar15 mag lower.  You're a class-act.  

so it looks exactly like it but totaly different?  gotcha

Quoted:
Sig did bastardize a beautiful rifle when they make the 556, but WHY are you people complaining.  At least they're bringing new firearms to the market.  HK isn't.  I love my HK-91 but HK are a bunch of asshole IMHO.  At least FN and SIG are willing to bring new rifles to the market that are worth a damn.  Besides, I'll end up getting a 556, a regular handguard and stock, and I'll be happy.  I can't say that I'm going out to buy a new HK-91 can I?

no but you can get a awesome PTR-91
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the report DoctorCheney223.  Tomorrow your assignment is to go the the FN booth, fondle evaluate the ARM and give us a thorough report and comparion
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well, I met the Chairman of SIG today and he was very pleasant. He is an older Swiss/German guy and he told us that the new SIG 556 rifles SHOULD be shipping by the fourth quarter of this year. He then introduced us to the President and he appeared to be a very corporate type of guy and MUCH younger than the Chairman. We were told that samples that were on display were not the final product because they still had some minor changes to make. We were told that the retail price was to be in the $1,200's. He also told us that they didn't even have a full-auto/LE version of the 556 series rifle yet.

thanks,
Ron

No offense but that is NOTHING to brag about.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys should cut them a little slack. This company is going out on a limb by creating a new product that is made exclusively for the US market. They have to manufacture this stuff here in the US and you know that costs some cash. This isn't a cheap, Wally World Chinese-produced rifle

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Man, what is with all the fucking crying?  This is getting fucking OLD!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You guys should cut them a little slack. This company is going out on a limb by creating a new product that is made exclusively for the US market. They have to manufacture this stuff here in the US and you know that costs some cash. This isn't a cheap, Wally World Chinese-produced rifle

thanks,
Ron

no its just a really pretty looking AK
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I like Sig. They make quality firearms. I'll probably end up getting a 556 after they've been out awhile.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh, I'm thrilled that they're making the 556. I hope they sell lots.

I also hope that they make support for it for other things. It'll sell better that way.
For example, I don't use railed handguards, and would rather not have them. Folding stocks, diopter sights, etc.

Either way, I predict within 6 months to a year of realease somebody will figure out how to turn the 556 into an exact copy of the 550/1/2, like the SL8 and the USC. Hell, the TE conversion is essentially a semi UMP.

In other words Sig, don't pull an HK and toss us a SL8 and then ignore it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Thanks for the report DoctorCheney223.  Tomorrow your assignment is to go the the FN booth, fondle evaluate the ARM and give us a thorough report and comparion

Is that also known as the SCAR? I did see a SCAR weapon but can't remember which booth. There was just SO much to look at and remember. I am going back tomorrow during lunch to get some more info. The SCAR weapon looked like a toy. They had one in a desert beige/yellow that was SUPER light.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Those 2 men must have been the most hated men in that room.  

Why?  Sig is not even talking about whether to sell to civilians, they are just doing it! HK won't. Colt doesn't want to.  As far as I am concerned, Sig and FN should be carried around the halls by a cheering throng of supporters.  Even if the rifles are butt ugly (556, the sCARP, 2000, P90), these companies produce well engineered, high quality control weapons systems.

The 556 might not be ideal (yet) - but it is still an AK with AR accuracy.  Yeah, I'd like to lose the buck rogers fancy plastic and stick with a side folder and standard rails, BUT, the design shown is not the best and final offering.  And they gave us a rifle with current standard mags for interchangability.  Seems like a company that is doing sincere thinking about the private market here.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Fucking old cockbag.

+1

A gun manufacturer goes out on a limb to bring us an entirely new rifle. It looks a little different but is still basically a classic Swiss rifle that people in America have wanted for decades. And then we have people like you that respond by wanting to tell the man responsible for this unveiling "to go fuck himself" .

I am yet one step closer to being totally convinced that we are our own worst enemy. I wonder if it has occured to you that a DUer would be saying the same thing you are in response to a new rifle production.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
HK won't. Colt doesn't want to.

HK sells anything the US Government lets them import. If they "hated" civilians, they wouldn't sell pistols here.

Colt sells anything that it can legally sell, even SBRs. You have to go through a dealer/distributor to get them, so what? Every major firearms manufacturer is the same way.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Most of us have been drooling over Sigs for years.  I applaud their effort to bring a new rifle to the US market and it appears to have some awesome features.  The CAR stock sucks though. Big time.  I could handle the rec changes and the forend but that stock is butt ugly and just not what I am looking for.  I also expect that changing to the folding buttstock will screw up the parts count.

We'll see.
I think that for us to give some criticism now may save Sig some money in the long run. Not much point in bringing something to a limited market when they might be better off listening to some contructive advice about what we, the buyers, are looking for.  Something more along these lines perhaps, or at least with more options.  I am sure they will pull it all together in the long run.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK won't. Colt doesn't want to.

HK sells anything the US Government lets them import. If they "hated" civilians, they wouldn't sell pistols here.

Colt sells anything that it can legally sell, even SBRs. You have to go through a dealer/distributor to get them, so what? Every major firearms manufacturer is the same way.

Fair enough.  I stand corrected.  HKs restrictions are market oriented (not building their US plant yet).  I don't know all the facts on the 416 uppers yet either, although it would seem there is demand but no supply, but again I don't have all the facts and know HK doesn't hate selling pistols.  I also don't know all the facts on the Colt LE models restrictions, although that could be tax restrictions as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Fucking old cockbag

Now THAT is some creative cussing!  LOL

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#34]
cockbag

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Fucking old cockbag.

Jesus! Ease up, will ya? They're making a new "assault weapon" for American shooters, fer Chrissakes, (first in what feels like 100 years) not refusing to make one because they got bullied into not doing it by the State Department or the FBI.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Welcome to the domain of the Internet fuckwad.

This is the Internet, where boys with small penises can call an old man a cockbag, whereas if they were there in person they'd be polite and nonconfrontational.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to the domain of the Internet fuckwad.

This is the Internet, where boys with small penises can call an old man a cockbag, whereas if they were there in person they'd be polite and nonconfrontational.

+1
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Whaaa! I don't like it cuz its not PRETTY enough!!!

Completely happy with my "ugly" AK and Glock ..thankyouverymuch
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
... I am yet one step closer to being totally convinced that we are our own worst enemy. ...

+1

We wouldn’t hear this much complaining if SIG flat out refused to sell any semi-auto riles at all!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... I am yet one step closer to being totally convinced that we are our own worst enemy. ...

+1

We wouldn’t hear this much complaining if SIG flat out refused to sell any semi-auto riles at all!!

As I said on wednesday, we ARE our own worst enemy. No wonder HK has written us off, in one way or another.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

As I said on wednesday, we ARE our own worst enemy. No wonder HK has written us off, in one way or another.

ARFCOM just has a higher concentration of assholes. Other gun forums dont have as many posters with periods.

HK is gun shy because they've been fucked by our government too many times
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that also known as the SCAR? I did see a SCAR weapon but can't remember which booth. There was just SO much to look at and remember. I am going back tomorrow during lunch to get some more info. The SCAR weapon looked like a toy. They had one in a desert beige/yellow that was SUPER light.

thanks,
Ron

Yes that's it, SCAR... FN booth
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Sounds cool, I'll buy one if they're available with non AR type stock.  

With all the fuss, you'd think there would at least be a few pics in this thread to show what they don't like.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Damn.

Remind me never to produce anything for the gun industry.

No shit, you'd think Sig shit on their grandmother's grave.

I can't get over all the anger over this. Sig makes a new rifle, and people turn into utter dicks. Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn.

No shit, you'd think Sig shit on their grandmother's grave.

I can't get over all the anger over this. Sig makes a new rifle, and people turn into utter dicks. Unbelievable.

I applaud Sig for bringing an AW to market, but they FUCKED UP.  Hopefully they correct it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#47]
What's more amazing is that Sig has said the receiver is compatible with the 551/552 style stocks, so everyone bitching about the telestock are bitching over nothing.

Again, the pictures that have been shown are prototypes.  They'll take feedback and make changes.  Hopefully all the dipshits making comments like "cockbag" won't result in the changes being "not released for civilian sales".

As for me, I'm planning on buying one when it comes out.  Hopefully I'll be able to buy a folder, but if not, I'll find a folding stock and put it on myself.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Damn.

Just don't produce any product in any market. There are asshole buyers everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Just don't produce any product in any market. There are asshole buyers everywhere.

Most of these guys aren't even buyers, just pissers and moaners.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks,
Ron

Yes that's it, SCAR... FN booth

I will try and take some pics of it on Saturday. I have a meeting today at lunch at won't be able to get any pics. I wanted to grab the rifle but there was some guy who must have taken a 1000 poses with it and his buddy just kept snapping photos. He was swinging it around like a parade rifle and posing.. SERIOSLY posing. The FN guy was getting annoyed but let him have his fun.

The SCAR was REALLY nice. It looked compact and toyish but just had that look of not wanting to mess with it. Not to many parts visible so it gave the impression that it should be super reliable (less parts  = less chance of something malfunctioning).

thanks,
Ron
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top