BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:07:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Our moslems are more educated and civilized.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
because they fear the backlash of a few thousand overweight internet commandos with evil black rifles
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
serious question, please don't turn this into a muslim bashing thread.

with the recent problems in france and around the world, why have their been virtually no such problmes here?

too many cowboys with guns to kick ass on these rustlers...

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

with the recent problems in france and around the world, why have their been virtually no such problmes here?

Wait till the lefties and the rag tags join up, they're coming.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I would guess because they know they can't get away with it...

There have been some small scale demonstrations...but nothing big.

They are saving themselves for the real crusade....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]
A lot of our muslims aren't even muslims at all.  We have a great deal if immigration from Christians and other minorities from the middle east who left to get away from the insanity.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Because the Phrench are basically big pussies and the rioters know that the Phrench gov't will stand by and do very little to stop them.

Here in the US however, Muslims are vastly outnumbered and know that local and Fed LEO's will not put up with such crap.

Additionally, muslims here in the US enjoy the freedoms their brethren in the ME protest against.  That plus I think they don't want to make any waves here on US soil given the level of American anxiety over the ME, war on terror and Islam in general.  It would be a lose lose situation for them.

ETA:  And, we haven't started playing cowboys and muslims yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Muslims can get away with anything they want in this country. Just like the illegals pouring over. If they start protesting, etc..nothing will happen.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#10]
They'd get their asses handed to em.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#11]
They would make John Zogby look bad
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Muslims can get away with anything they want in this country. Just like the illegals pouring over. If they start protesting, etc..nothing will happen.

Yeah, I think the Muslims here THINK we wouldn't tolerate it so they aren't doing it, saddly, I think our government would.

Look at the LA riots.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#13]
We talk about how effective we'd be if the Blue Helmets took over and just 5 or 10% of gun owners started shooting at them...

...What if just 1% of Muslims in the US went radical and started *insert Clancy novel premise here*?

Very valid question, T_B_S and I hope the answer isn't "Because the time isn't right yet".
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#14]
A lot of things are different here.

There is hope and opportunity here.

The people rioting over there, don't have any hope for a better life tomorrow.

As a good friend of mine told me about the Muslims in the middle east. One religious zealot can "motivate" nonviolent muslims to violence by saying they are "bad" muslims if they don't act a certain way.
I suck at explaining what he meant.......but he has lived all over the region and knows the people and customs well and I believe him.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

As a good friend of mine told me about the Muslims in the middle east. One religious zealot can "motivate" nonviolent muslims to violence by saying they are "bad" muslims if they don't act a certain way.
I suck at explaining what he meant.......but he has lived all over the region and knows the people and customs well and I believe him.

People I work with, mostly Indians, tell me that ALL muslims hate America and the West.
Even the friendly ones.

I don't know this for myself, but the Indian experience with Islam is not to be ignored.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Because we have jobs, families, friends, bills to pay, kids to raise, lawn to mow, etc. We also have something to lose (home, job, freedom) if we get to far out of line doing stupid shit. Above all we have brains and generally a desire to amount to something and make sure others around us do the same. We do see that behavior in our ghettos sometimes as the population indigenous to the ghetto is little remove from their muzzie cousins when something "outrageous" happens like an NBA team winning the championship.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Well it is better for them if they let the media cover the story in other countries and let them put the fear into the sheeple.
When it happens here there will be many sheeple who wake up and demand action from the POLs. When that happens the pressure that the POLs. feel will demand action.
But of course it will all be Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Because there are far fewer Muslims in the US as a percentage of the population than in Europe
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#20]
They know we an armed society, no matter what liberals or politicians may say...the bottom line is we are armed and are all Patriots at heart. We were armed when we fought for this country's land 200+ years ago...we still are.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hope and opportunity mean nothing to a potential martyr waiting for Allah's word. I wouldn't turn my back on any of them regardless of where they live.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Ill say it again:

John Zogby and other US Muslim leaders have gone out and tried to project a peaceful image of the US Islamic community.

Riots would forever mar that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I think after awhile of living here in the USA, they've realized that nonsense wouldn't go very far. Muslims in general would be how do you say, "fair game."  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe they know when they have a good thing
Maybe there smarter than that after all there here right?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Because,  nobody has caught a bunch of white cops beating the shit out of a black dude on tape lately.  
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The poor and hopeless are easily motivated by those with charisma and a purpose.  If you stick a closely held religious belief into the mix with the words 'you will go to hell if you don't ______"  then you can motivate a lot of them to do things that they would not consider as individuals.

Remember, individuals are generally intelligent while a mob is as dumb as the most violent among them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Ill say it again:

John Zogby and other US Muslim leaders have gone out and tried to project a peaceful image of the US Islamic community.

This has a lot to do with it. Besides, the average stateside Muslim wants only to pay his bills, raise a few kids and be treated with respect. This is pretty much what almost everyone wants.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Nothing will happen in US if the Muslims riot.  Politicians and the MSM will gloss over the troubles.

Americans care - but not that much.  We're too preoccupied with our own lives and pop culture.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I tend to believe many Muslims living in the US have more common sense and are better educated than those being duped into rioting in other countries.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm not entirely sure why there are no riots but I know the hate is there. a few days ago I was with my little brother at the park when I herd some kids playing in almost perfect harmony. I glanced over and saw two Muslim children playing with this white boy. I then went on with my business of watching the little bro when I herd I hate jews!, My mommy and daddy tell us they are our enemy. I glance over again and see the white boys pull out a star of David pendant from his shirt and said "I am a jew, Do you hate me?" the little Muslim children spit on the boy with the star and ran away to their mother who was sitting a few yards away. I was and still am shocked from the whole scene.hock.gif
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ill say it again:

This has a lot to do with it. Besides, the average stateside Muslim wants only to pay his bills, raise a few kids and be treated with respect. This is pretty much what almost everyone wants.

Yup.

US Muslims do not consider the US the 'Great Satan' or they would not be here living the US Dream
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Because the Phrench are basically big pussies and the rioters know that the Phrench gov't will stand by and do very little to stop them.

Here in the US however, Muslims are vastly outnumbered and know that local and Fed LEO's pissed off Americans that celebrate the right to keep and bear arms will not put up with such crap.

Additionally, muslims here in the US enjoy the freedoms their brethren in the ME protest against.  That plus I think they don't want to make any waves here on US soil given the level of American anxiety over the ME, war on terror and Islam in general.  It would be a lose lose situation for them.

ETA:  And, we haven't started playing cowboys and muslims yet.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Unless it is perso property or self defense, you all would stand by and let the riots happen....get real. How many took up arms and went to LA?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Unless it is perso property or self defense, you all would stand by and let the riots happen....get real. How many took up arms and went to LA?

...One eye glued to the TV, the other peeking out the front window. Yep.

I'm not gonna hunt for anybody but my neighborhood's a different story.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool..since we live in Ground Zero for 1/2 the USA population of Muslim's...I'll invite you over if anything happens here
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and I live in the very front of an apartment complex that not only has several people from that area of the country on school visa's but I got to witness the FBI and SS serve a no knock on an apartment here on an apartment of a man that was here from Saudi, and flew back sept 19th 01.  Shit happens out here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I think the Muslims here THINK we wouldn't tolerate it so they aren't doing it, saddly, I think our government would.

Look at the LA riots.

In the LA riots, the National Guard had trouble getting ammo, but citizens fought back. You are probably right about our .gov, but citizens will fight back.

The reason we don't have rioting: we don't have the large enclaves of Muslims, most of ours have become part of our culture, and in any case you can only riot in places like Seattle, San Fran, or South Central where the local residents are not likely to resist with arms.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool..since we live in Ground Zero for 1/2 the USA population of Muslim's...I'll invite you over if anything happens here

LOL

We could settle some things once and for all: 5.56mm vs. 7.62... 45 vs 9mm...  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
LOL
We could settle some things once and for all: 5.56mm vs. 7.62... 45 vs 9mm...  

12 ga 00 buck. Come on they call them RIOT guns for a reason.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#41]
My belief is that they are keeping a low profile because they are such a small fraction of the US population.  Only 1-2% I think, whereas France is over 5%.   The rioting in France was primarily in muslim neighborhoods where there representation was even higher.  As far as I can tell, the only substantive difference is numbers and population distribution.

I've seen no evidence that american muslims are fundamentally different than muslims anywhere else.  I also see no reason whatsoever to believe that american muslims, in sufficient numbers, would be any more, or less, peacable than middle eastern muslims, or asian muslims, or european muslims, or african muslims, or indian muslims.

for example, I haven't heard, or read, of a single american muslim that claims rioting over political cartoons is inexcusable behavior.  It is always, and I mean always, somthing along the lines of "Of course we don't approve of the rioting, BUT..."  or "Of course we support freedom of expression, BUT..."

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
because they fear the backlash of a few thousand overweight internet commandos with evil black rifles

They've seen your avatar and fear what it implies
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Too busy plotting next attack?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm not entirely sure why there are no riots but I know the hate is there. a few days ago I was with my little brother at the park when I herd some kids playing in almost perfect harmony. I glanced over and saw two Muslim children playing with this white boy. I then went on with my business of watching the little bro when I herd I hate jews!, My mommy and daddy tell us they are our enemy. I glance over again and see the white boys pull out a star of David pendant from his shirt and said "I am a jew, Do you hate me?" the little Muslim children spit on the boy with the star and ran away to their mother who was sitting a few yards away. I was and still am shocked from the whole scene.

FWIW, there are more than one white/black/blue/green/whatever set of parents in this country that teach their kids that the black/Jew/Muslim/whatever is the enemy.

I've seen several hate scenes before in my 54 years and they ALWAYS seem to sour my stomach.

Sometimes I wonder why there isn't a license required before a couple can reproduce.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#45]
because the store owners here would shoot back.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#46]
they are better educated here, and are biding their time...just cause they are being quiet doesnt mean they arent up to no good...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#47]
It is the lack of education that makes the riots possible.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

No theocracy here.  The ones stirring the shit pot are the imams who were in Saudi Arabia last month on haji.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Because it would be their own gas stations and laundromats they are burning  down.

I think most of the European muslims are on welfare of some sort.  Most of our muslims own their own businesses.  Too much to lose for them and their families to go and act stupid over.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#50]
They have read arfcom and know whats up if they do
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top