Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:19:34 AM EDT
I used to watch CNN when they were the only game in town... Then 9/11/01 hit and I switched to Fox News Channel as well as foxnews.com... But the last few weeks I'm noticing that CNN is doing a good job of outFoxing Fox.

* CNN has mention of Bush's presser where he tells of thwarted terror attacks; nothing on Fox yet
* Last night CNN was all over the evacuation of the DC building; Fox didn't budge from O'Reilly
* I've mentioned Anderson Cooper's show as being more informative and entertaining at points than O'Reilly

Is CNN starting to realize that a swing Right is what will get them more viewers?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree TBK... I guess I was pointing it out because I want Fox to stay on top.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Hillary's doin it...why not CNN  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So far no one has noticed... the ratings have not changed.

Also in spite of CNNs dismal ratings, they have, and always have had, more staff than FNC so they CAN be everywhere.  Its because they are part of the Time/Warner/AOL/ABC/Disney megaplex which simply takes CNNs losses as a tax deduction.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Dang,

I thought this was going to be a thread about hot newscaster chicks....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#7]
CNN = Clinton News Network, period.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to watch only CNN, because I had been even before Fox was around, but I have started watching Fox because both CNN and Fox seem to have some what of a biasis. Basically, I switch over to Fox when I get sick of CNN and like wise. CNN seems to be somewhat antigun/Liberal which is annoying at times. I'm pretty much a centrist and have yet to find a news source that is as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So far no one has noticed... the ratings have not changed.

Also in spite of CNNs dismal ratings, they have, and always have had, more staff than FNC so they CAN be everywhere.  Its because they are part of the Time/Warner/AOL/ABC/Disney megaplex which simply takes CNNs losses as a tax deduction.

I find corporations like Time/Warner/AOL/ABC/Disney scarry because they pretty much have an edge on everything in the media market...

TV, Printmedia, Internet, Movies, everything...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Fox aint wat it used to be - as they keep hire'in those CNN clowns--  the sight of em makes me ill- W.T.F.  -- these hard core liberals at CNN can become fair & ballanced for the right $$$ at fox-- B.S. ---  there seems to be someones EGO in play at these two news outlets - as they seem to want to "out bid" one another for these talking heads.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hillary's doin it...why not CNN  

+1 to that brother.  Caveat Emptor
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Fox aint wat it used to be - as they keep hire'in those CNN clowns--  the sight of em makes me ill- W.T.F.  -- these hard core liberals at CNN can become fair & ballanced for the right $$$ at fox-- B.S. ---  there seems to be someones EGO in play at these two news outlets - as they seem to want to "out bid" one another for these talking heads.

Good point. I hope they're "fair and balanced" to a point... I don't mind a slightly right wing slant on things occasionally, particularly from commentators.

On another note, it's not easy finding news that is raw and unfiltered.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#13]
faux news has become too entertainment oriented. their news stories are sensationalized and they'll pick fluff over substance any day of the week.

plus, cnn also has LOU DOBBS!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#14]
They had a Taliban-style apologist for islam on the Anderson Cooper show and he looked pretty lame trying to explain why a believer would riot and burn over a cartoon and then be less outraged and destructive over beheadings and suicide bombings of innocents/non-combatants.  I think some people (not Paula Zahn) get it over at CNN, that their future under anything like the islam of Egypt, SA, Turkey, Iran, Qatar, Kuwait, Syria or Palestine would be dark and miserable.  They pay a steep price in duplicity to remain operating in these outliers of society.  Sort of like Google and Yahoo and their deals with China.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#15]
LOU DOBBS!!!!!! JACK CAFFERTY!!!! THE WOLF MAN.

CNN has been on my tube for 15+years.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#16]
PETER ARNETT!!!!! CHRISTIE AN AMENPOUR !!!!!!!!!   JUDY WOODRUFF !!!!!!

MARXISM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been watchin em for 15 years too !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
* Last night CNN was all over the evacuation of the DC building; Fox didn't budge from O'Reilly

Nice spin....

FNC did comment several times through out the evening that there was a situation at the DC building and that there was a "white powder" but said that at this time they didn't think it was worthy of being "breaking News".   Turned out they were right.

So, CNN ran with a story, that turned out to be a ..........non story.    
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I used to watch CNN when they were the only game in town... Then 9/11/01 hit and I switched to Fox News Channel as well as foxnews.com... But the last few weeks I'm noticing that CNN is doing a good job of outFoxing Fox.

* CNN has mention of Bush's presser where he tells of thwarted terror attacks; nothing on Fox yet
* I've mentioned Anderson Cooper's show as being more informative and entertaining at points than O'Reilly

Is CNN starting to realize that a swing Right is what will get them more viewers?

Its all a act of the Communist News Network, you have been warned!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice spin....

FNC did comment several times through out the evening that there was a situation at the DC building and that there was a "white powder" but said that at this time they didn't think it was worthy of being "breaking News".   Turned out they were right.

Don't get me started on "Breaking News"!

If somebody farts in Aruba, it's listed as breaking news.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#20]
HaHaHa Greta
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice spin....

I thought the exact same thing.
I was watching O'Reilly and was glad that they didn't switch over to cover another "Geraldo Rivera" type story.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
PETER ARNETT!!!!! CHRISTIE AN AMENPOUR !!!!!!!!!   JUDY WOODRUFF !!!!!!

MARXISM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been watchin em for 15 years too !!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha touche!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice spin....

Spin? Every time I turned from CNN to Fox, I went from the big story of the hour - the possibility that there was a nerve agent in a building in the nation's capital - to O'Reilly. I am a fan of Foxnews by the way... Spin... Gimme a freakin break. So you're saying that somehow Fox - who at very least, has a history of putting big banners up on their website for this kind of thing - knew that this was going to be a non-story and waited to break it because O'Reilly was debating with Al Sharpton?

Sounds like the spin is coming from your side...

Edit: And if we don't have news outlets for BREAKING NEWS as well as Infotainment stories what do we have them for???
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Cafferty?!?!?!  I heard him the other day on CNN trying to say that the wiretapping laws came about because of Nixon's watergate scandal!  And trying to compare the wiretapping of international conversations to/from terrorists supporting countries with men breaking into a hotel to plant bugs.

Read a few of his commentaries, and you'll realize he's a looney lefty, as is Wolf Blitzer.

If you lean that way fine, but I don't, so I'd rather watch a news station that doesn't try to piss me off in the way they slant every story.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#25]
CNN is definitely on the rebound.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#26]
NO
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
NO

huh, good point.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Anderson Cooper's show as being more informative and entertaining at points than O'Reilly

both are mockeries of journalism.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
faux news has become too entertainment oriented. their news stories are sensationalized and they'll pick fluff over substance any day of the week.

plus, cnn also has LOU DOBBS!!!

Having Lou Dobbs is no recommendation.

Lou Dobbs is a second rate O'Reilly wanta be, a one trick pony, and a congenital liar. He talks out of both sides of his face depending on the audience.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Lou Dobbs is liar, Jack Cafferty is either senile or insane, and Wolf Blitzer is just sad.

CNN is crap 80% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#31]
The only time i watch CNN is if it is on at a airport ,  i noticed this in school at ASU that those that were "JOURNALISM" or POLY-SCI majors - were a bunch of limpwrist , cant change a light bulb - cus i might break a nail - prissy ass - premadonnas - the kind whos daddy would buy em a SAAB or BMW - and they would put a NADER for president or other commie sht. bumper sticker on it.
they consider themselved the "elite special class" of people ---   really makes me ill that these news outlets & news papers seem to have a political litmus test to hire U - these commies should get diversity training for themselves !!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#32]
So what is it with all the Fox news announcers on CNN? Did they seduce them with huge amounts of cash to come work for CNN? I really don't like turning on CNN and seeing all those former Fox news people on there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Neither has 'Countdown' and Keith Olbermann
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So what is it with all the Fox news announcers on CNN? Did they seduce them with huge amounts of cash to come work for CNN? I really don't like turning on CNN and seeing all those former Fox news people on there.

Like who?

People are leaving CNN for Fox.

Except Paula Zahn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top