Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2006 6:30:19 AM EDT
Anyone watching the President right now?

The plan was foiled.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Watching it now.

How much you want to bet that it was sussed out through the telephone intercepts?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Watching it now.

How much you want to bet that it was sussed out through the telephone intercepts?

Thats what I am thinking...where is the Liberty tower in Los Angeles? Is it significant?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing in L.A. is significant
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Found it. I bet Leahy is gonna cry if it turns out the wiretaps discovered this plot.

Liberty Tower

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]
This info should be kept under wraps, because it will give the terrorists insight on how the intell was obtained, unfortunately the Dems and some less than honorable Republicans see this as political hay.

Remember a Middle Eastern religion has declared war on the USA.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:39:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Liberty Tower? In L.A.? Silly string is banned there....I'm serious to.

The President said they stopped a pilot from carrying out his mission to go after the tower.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except this staff member.

I guess they went after a target in L.A....which was discussed a couple of years ago by some of the Al Queda lackys.

Keep your head up or down Paul..they wuz going to Kali.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Can we turn this thread into another Kali bashing thread...PLEEEASE?!?!!? I know, let's pray for death and destruction on our fellow Americans! That way, I can remember the favor the next time I volunteer to go help victims of a hurricane...IN FRIGGIN ALABAMA!

alaman = teh suxxor

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we turn this thread into another Kali bashing thread...PLEEEASE?!?!!? I know, let's pray for death and destruction on our fellow Americans! That way, I can remember the favor the next time I volunteer to go help victims of a hurricane...IN FRIGGIN ALABAMA!

alaman = teh suxxor

No.

This was serious.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

alaman = teh suxxor

I love all my fellow Americans.
I just wish one states worth of them would fall into the ocean.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

alaman = teh suxxor

I get it now...all you midwesterners want all teh beachfront property...greedy suckas!

ETA: I would never volunteer to help out in KS. Theres nothing there in teh first place!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#14]
The building is also known as Library Tower due to its proximity to the Los Angeles Central Library; it was built as part of the $1 billion redevelopment of the Library following two disastrous fires in 1986. The building was also known for a time as First Interstate World Center after being bought by First Interstate Bank. After First Interstate merged with Wells Fargo Bank the name Library Tower was restored. In March 2003 the property was bought by U.S. Bancorp and the building was renamed U.S. Bank Tower. Residents, however, continue to refer to it as Library Tower and are unlikely to stop doing so. (from wikipedia
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Watching it now.

the kali tower thing supposedly was squeeze out of kalid shake mohamid. although i suspect some of the things he is talking about were partially from phone intercepts.

dont chalk this up to phone intercepts.. chalk it up to 'torture'...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I can see that building from the roof of my apartment building.

And I bet it's 100% BS that AQ was targetting that building.  I want to see the evidence.  There are other buildings that are much more significant in LA.

I want to see the proof for myself.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Found it. I bet Leahy is gonna cry if it turns out the wiretaps discovered this plot.

Liberty Tower

i1.tinypic.com/nfjsdl.jpg

The President misspoke.  It is called Library Tower.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liberty Tower

i1.tinypic.com/nfjsdl.jpg

The President misspoke.  It is called Library Tower.

Yeah, I just made the correction, but is that the tower?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

And I bet it's 100% BS that AQ was targetting that building.  I want to see the evidence.  There are other buildings that are much more significant in LA.

You're right, I can't see why anyone would target that building.  It's only the tallest building in the U.S. west of the Mississippi River and the west coast HQ of one of the largest banks in the country.  Completely insignificant.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#20]
The guy who heads the liberal blog dailykos.com was sneering at Karl Rove's speech saying the GOP should focus on national defense for the 2006 elections.  The blogger Kos called Republicans "bed-wetting cowards" for shrieking like little girls at the bogeyman of terrorism.  Liberals, he counselled, should show voters they are the truly courageous party.........by utterly ignoring terrorism and national defense

It's like Karl Rove picks these people or feeds them talking points.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag, interesting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yeah, can't trust that Bushitler.  Always trrying to keep the sheeple cowed with FEAR to justify his encroaching police state.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#23]
It doesn't matter. Bush will not gain any kind of support for foiling an attack, and his wiretapping will continue to be criticized. Only when there is an attack will the public want to get behind someone.

They're very reactionary, to hell with being proactive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The guy who heads the liberal blog dailykos.com was sneering at Karl Rove's speech saying the GOP should focus on national defense for the 2006 elections.  The blogger Kos called Republicans "bed-wetting cowards" for shrieking like little girls at the bogeyman of terrorism.  Liberals, he counselled, should show voters they are the truly courageous party.........by utterly ignoring terrorism and national defense

It's like Karl Rove picks these people or feeds them talking points.

I would say "boot-licking cowards" myself.  Boot-licking cowards that hate freedom.

This weekend I saw an old White grandmother at an airport have the bun of her hair searched for bombs by a heroic security guard that was guarding my "freedom."  She was made to stand in a plexiglass box and was searched in full view of all present just to make sure she wasn't carrying a box cutter or something.  The woman was easily in her 80's.

After this, she made her way to the window separating her from her son and grandson, and proceeded to make faces at her grandson, who laughed.  This is who is searched at the airport, and I am disgusted with those who think this is freedom.

You have no courage.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#25]
It was not the"liberty" tower.

It was the Library tower.

sorry for my not trusting our gov't.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right, I can't see why anyone would target that building.  It's only the tallest building in the U.S. west of the Mississippi River and the west coast HQ of one of the largest banks in the country.  Completely insignificant.  

It's a bunch of law offices.  Yawn.  If AQ took out Jennifer Anniston... that would bring the population to its feet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, can't trust that Bushitler.  Always trrying to keep the sheeple cowed with FEAR to justify his encroaching police state.

Bull crap..if Al Queda would have been able to carry out the attack, liberals would have said Bush was incapable of protecting America. SOS with the moonbats..Bush can do no right.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Tagged
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Bush will be blame no matter what happens.  He will get blamed if an attack was successful, or he will get blame for wire tapping. "Some people" want it both ways, but that is not going happen not under GWB Jr's watch.  These people are going to look pretty silly, same as the vote in the House on whether to support the war in Iraq.  But most sheeple will be unable to distinguish that this as election year rhetoric.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yeah, we should all be privy to classified information.  It's for the best.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#31]
This be it.

More of the tower here:

Library Tower

Washington Post
Friday, October 7, 2005

The United States and its allies have thwarted at least 10 serious al Qaeda terrorist plots since Sept. 11, 2001, including never-before-disclosed plans to use hijacked commercial airliners to attack the East and West coasts in 2002 and 2003, President Bush and his aides said yesterday. The reported plots aimed to strike a wide variety of targets, including the Library Tower in Los Angeles, ships in international waters and a tourist site overseas, the White House said last night. Three of the 10 were directed at U.S. soil, officials said. The government, they added, also stopped five al Qaeda efforts to case possible targets or infiltrate operatives into the country.

Two sources familiar with intelligence information said the West Coast plot targeted the tallest building in Los Angeles, since renamed the US Bank Tower, and involved Malaysian militants and Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, who was captured in 2003. Previous reports on Mohammed's interrogations in custody said that before Sept. 11 he mapped out an attack on the tower that was later aborted.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#32]
It doesn't matter anyway.  Its only a matter of time before the Elysian Park fault cracks wide fucking open in a 9.0 quake, the San Andreas slip strikes about 20 meters in massive shaker and that building plus most of the rest of downtown LA falls into a dusty, flaming heap of rubble.

Disaster experts estimate that WHEN...not IF an 8.0 or bigger quake strikes the area, 30k people will be dead in the first five minutes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

alaman = teh suxxor

Maybe just their politicians?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
This info should be kept under wraps, because it will give the terrorists insight on how the intell was obtained, unfortunately the Dems and some less than honorable Republicans see this as political hay.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

How many terrorists stopped using satelite phones after the media said we were track Osama using his?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Close to the Biltmore Hotel and Pershing Square.  We could sure use another General Pershing.
www.usc.edu/dept/geography/losangeles/lawalk/new/index.html
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many terrorists stopped using satelite phones after the media said we were track Osama using his?

Do you honestly think it was the media that let AQ know that info?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Took the EXACT words right out of my mouth.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#38]
My fellow American.....Except you.

Just doesn't sound right wishing our own countrymen dead. YMMV I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except this staff member.

And Baldwin Park.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Yeah, well, he is from Arkansas afterall. What the hell is there? Rednecks and trailer parks?
Oh yeah, I forgot, you flippin super geniuses have a claim to fame....BILL CLINTON! I'd be especially proud of that if I were you, mister arkansas.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, well, he is from Arkansas afterall. What the hell is there? Rednecks and trailer parks?

And a hell of a lot of Criminals.. I mean refugees from Katrina And 17 truely good people from LA that came up here because of Katrina.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This plan was foiled almost 4 years ago. I'm quite sure the only reason we're hearing about it now is to hopefully quell some of the idiotic outrage about the wiretapping (you only have to worry if known terrorists are calling you or vice versa) and let people know that they've been doing their due diligence and maybe the Rainbow of Fear has a purpose and a place...

It's political, sure, but it's also a good idea to let people know that they've been working behind the scenes to prevent more attacks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This plan was foiled almost 4 years ago. I'm quite sure the only reason we're hearing about it now is to hopefully quell some of the idiotic outrage about the wiretapping (you only have to worry if known terrorists are calling you or vice versa) and let people know that they've been doing their due diligence and maybe the Rainbow of Fear has a purpose and a place...

It's political, sure, but it's also a good idea to let people know that they've been working behind the scenes to prevent more attacks.

Somehow, I seriously doubt that is where it stops.

"terrorists" is a pretty vague description reading the maricopa county AZ terrorist list that was posted on the forum not long ago.

many on this very site fit one or more of those descriptions used in that flyer. would you not agree?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#44]
It doesn't matter if it's Texas or California, i'd be real pissed if those fuckers attacked us again. I can't believe some people are making jokes about it being LA. It's the USA, & an attack on ANY city in this country is an attack on all of us.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

POST OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

POST OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE....

Remember, this is coming from a guy who lives in a place where they burn churches for fun...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"terrorists" is a pretty vague description reading the maricopa county AZ terrorist list that was posted on the forum not long ago.

many on this very site fit one or more of those descriptions used in that flyer. would you not agree?

You can seriously doubt all you want. Frankly, the .gov has way more tools than this little FISA thing - Carnivore for instance... But this is what the .gov says it's using the wiretaps for and being that I keep my nose clean and don't worship a god that requires me to blow innocent people up, I am not too worried.

If they wiretap me they'd be very, very bored.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How else would "they" know? Barring spies in the W.H. and Congress?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How else would "they" know? Barring spies in the W.H. and Congress?

It has been common knowlege since the late 80's early 90's that you could be tracked via cellular phone.

Did you not know this before the media leaked it? seriously?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can seriously doubt all you want. Frankly, the .gov has way more tools than this little FISA thing - Carnivore for instance... But this is what the .gov says it's using the wiretaps for and being that I keep my nose clean and don't worship a god that requires me to blow innocent people up, I am not too worried.

If they wiretap me they'd be very, very bored.

Yeah me too. still don't think it evokes freedom in any sense. eschelon or carnivore either for that matter.  "It's for your safety.......really it is"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top